What are your Favorite Cocktail(s) on board

BklynBoy8

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Will definitely be partaking In a cocktail or 2 (or 10) LOL

Is this before take-off or during the flight?  🤣

Bon Voyage, Lois!  Have a safe and pleasant trip.  Best wishes for Fair Winds and Following Seas!  

• 1 month later...

Our favorite drink on board is the BBC. We heard about it from another passenger when we were on Royal Caribbean. 

I believe the recipe is Baileys, Banana Liquor/syrup mixed into a pina colada. 

Absolutely fantastic drink. I order so many onboard. Other than that, Frozen Mojitos/Coconut Mojitos 

50 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

A well prepared and slightly spicy Bloody Mary is my favorite lunch time beverage.  

Dad use to like it for hot days and also for before dinner.

Never had one. Not a Tomato J fan and spicy drink fan. Into cocktails or glass of wine.

Maybe but Maybe I may try one someday. Dad didn't like too much horseradish in it. He would add his own Hot Pete to the drink.

Use to have a Pint of  Guinness which my DW would steal some in the Pub before lunch. Or Boddington's with the little shaker inside (aerator) to foam up the drink.

When we go to our favorite seafood restaurant I became a fan of their version of Blue Hawaiian

called Hurricane Nick'

It is refreshing and contains Bacardi CoCo, Blue Curacao, Midori Melon, Pineapple Juice and Lemon & Lime Juice....

Great on a Warm or Hot Days....

We have done several southern Caribbean cruises that have stopped on Curacao, and have been able to get some tasty, refreshing blended/frozen drinks made with Pisang Ambon, a type of green banana liqueur rarely found off the island. To compensate for this and make my own, I've used a combination of rum or coconut rum, creme de banane, Midori, and pineapple juice, sometimes with some lemon or lime juice to punch it up if necessary. This concoction ends up being similar in color and flavor to those we've enjoyed on Curacao.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

We have done several southern Caribbean cruises that have stopped on Curacao, and have been able to get some tasty, refreshing blended/frozen drinks made with Pisang Ambon, a type of green banana liqueur rarely found off the island. To compensate for this and make my own, I've used a combination of rum or coconut rum, creme de banane, Midori, and pineapple juice, sometimes with some lemon or lime juice to punch it up if necessary. This concoction ends up being similar in color and flavor to those we've enjoyed on Curacao.

I hope when you stopped at Curacao and bought and took home some of that wonderful and refreshing Blue Liquor. We did and enjoyed it with friends.. The Original product is nothing like the sugar blue water you buy in the states in liquor stores. Somewhat the flavor but don't think it's acceptable.

Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I hope when you stopped at Curacao and bought and took home some of that wonderful and refreshing Blue Liquor. We did and enjoyed it with friends.. The Original product is nothing like the sugar blue water you buy in the states in liquor stores. Somewhat the flavor but don't think it's acceptable.

Enjoy!

Because of issues with transporting alcohol purchases back home and flying, we've rarely purchased bottles on cruises to bring back. And while I do like the original found on Curacao, I've found that Bols brand Curacao is an excellent substitute with much the same flavor. I just wish our states stores here in PA carried the orange as well as the blue. They may taste the same, but the blue color ruins the finished drink for the many non-tropical cocktails using orange Curacao. Mixing gin, sweet vermouth, and blue Curacao results in a rather muddy, unpleasant color. I suppose if desperate, I could close my eyes and drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Because of issues with transporting alcohol purchases back home and flying, we've rarely purchased bottles on cruises to bring back. And while I do like the original found on Curacao, I've found that Bols brand Curacao is an excellent substitute with much the same flavor. I just wish our states stores here in PA carried the orange as well as the blue. They may taste the same, but the blue color ruins the finished drink for the many non-tropical cocktails using orange Curacao. Mixing gin, sweet vermouth, and blue Curacao results in a rather muddy, unpleasant color. I suppose if desperate, I could close my eyes and drink.

I don't remember which one I have as a sub for the original but is close if you close your eyes.

US Uptown Liquor online sells the Senior brand. I may take advantage of it one day to taste the original again. 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

I just wish our states stores here in PA carried the orange as well as the blue.

Ohio did away with liquor State stores many years ago and allowed private companies to distribute the spirits to other private companies to sell spirits.  Yet, there remains some spirits that the private stores are unable to obtain.  This applies to wines as well.  

On 8/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

Because of issues with transporting alcohol purchases back home and flying, we've rarely purchased bottles on cruises to bring back

I don't do so as well any more.  But, your post reminds me that I have in a closet a box of bottles that I bought at A. H. Riise in St. Thomas many years ago.  There is a bottle of a Dutch Chocolate Liqueur in that box.  I wonder if that stuff would still be drinkable?  

On 8/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

When we go to our favorite seafood restaurant I became a fan of their version of Blue Hawaiian

called Hurricane Nick'

It is refreshing and contains Bacardi CoCo, Blue Curacao, Midori Melon, Pineapple Juice and Lemon & Lime Juice....

Great on a Warm or Hot Days....

Long time since I have drunk a Blue Hawaiian.  They are good.  I remember a comedian on a cruise in Hawaii said that he would never drink one.  (I don't care to drink something that looks like Tidy Bowl.)  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Ohio did away with liquor State stores many years ago and allowed private companies to distribute the spirits to other private companies to sell spirits.  Yet, there remains some spirits that the private stores are unable to obtain.  This applies to wines as well.  

I don't do so as well any more.  But, your post reminds me that I have in a closet a box of bottles that I bought at A. H. Riise in St. Thomas many years ago.  There is a bottle of a Dutch Chocolate Liqueur in that box.  I wonder if that stuff would still be drinkable?  

It doesn't seem very likely that the Dutch chocolate liqueur will have survived "many years," unfortunately. Certain wines and spirits are ok for aging, but cream liqueurs are not among them.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, MrK1ttens said:

Our favorite drink on board is the BBC. We heard about it from another passenger when we were on Royal Caribbean. 

I believe the recipe is Baileys, Banana Liquor/syrup mixed into a pina colada. 

Absolutely fantastic drink. I order so many onboard. Other than that, Frozen Mojitos/Coconut Mojitos 

WOW…sounds delish!  I would not like to be counting those calories…lol.  

1 hour ago, CntPAcruiser said:

It doesn't seem very likely that the Dutch chocolate liqueur will have survived "many years," unfortunately. Certain wines and spirits are ok for aging, but cream liqueurs are not among them.

I don’t think that Dutch Chocolate Liqueur. Is a cream liqueur as I recall.  So RK’s bottle of DCL might still be good.  Only one way to find out!  

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

I don't remember which one I have as a sub for the original but is close if you close your eyes.

US Uptown Liquor online sells the Senior brand. I may take advantage of it one day to taste the original again. 

You also have to be careful when buying in Curaçao.  I have seen cheap substitutes being sold there.

31 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I don’t think that Dutch Chocolate Liqueur. Is a cream liqueur as I recall.  So RK’s bottle of DCL might still be good.  Only one way to find out!  

Ah, that was an assumption on my part. You think it is more like Crème de Cacao, then? Most I've seen are cream-type. A friend gave us an old bottle of Crème de Cacao, probably 30 years old, and it smelled ok, but it had settled out so I was concerned about tasting it.

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

18 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

A friend gave us an old bottle of Crème de Cacao, probably 30 years old, and it smelled ok, but it had settled out so I was concerned about tasting it.

The bottle is opaque.  So, I can't see how the stuff looks.  Probably best that I throw it out.  

• Like 1

Also while away in the future on a trip will continue to enjoy new drinks being created with Herbs.

Yes enjoyed drinks with Rosemary, Thyme etc....Thought first it was weird but got to enjoy the experience. 

Will share the drinks on our return and their contents.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, Lois R said:

Hi friends, just back from an Alaskan  cruise and had a few warm 🍸.  Coffee with a shot of Bailey's and one with Amaretto too. Soooo good!

Mmmmm Lois…sounds just right.  It also sounds like you are making up for lost time.  When is your next cruise??

3 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Mmmmm Lois…sounds just right.  It also sounds like you are making up for lost time.  When is your next cruise??

Hi, I am definitely making up for lost time LOL.....sailing again next month! LIsbon/Lisbon.......12 nights!!! This cruise is actually a make up for one of my cancelled 2020 sailings.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, Lois R said:

Hi friends, just back from an Alaskan  cruise and had a few warm 🍸.  Coffee with a shot of Bailey's and one with Amaretto too. Soooo good!

HAL's Captain's Coffee is a good warm-up drink in cold climes:  Coffee with Kahlua and Rum.  

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

😆         If we are having a Captain's Coffee together, I could ask the bartender to give me your shot of rum.   

OK with me😀

• Like 1