Celebrity Infinity, Dry dock ??

bluecruisin

All of the ship "revolutionizing" have been put on Hold.  The only thing on the website says "Cosming Soon"

With the amount of borrowing they have had to do to stay afloat. IMO it is doubtful that the ship update will not happen in the near future.

We have 2 cruises booked on Infinity in fall 2021 and we don't expect the ship to have been updated.

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We moved a Mar 2021 Infinity sailing to Mar 2022 and I am skeptical it will still be in the fleet by 2022 much less updated.

Good point!  We have 3 cruises booked on the Infinity and I often wonder if it will be long gone before our cruises.

As long as they can still find people to sail on the Infinity, she will stay in the fleet.  Celebrity had some longer term plans for the Infinity and they will continue to try to execute those plans.  However they will follow those plans without spending any money on the Revolution.

@upwarduk

Thanks for your input.

I did think that there might have been an option to sell the ship, but then discounted it due to there likely not being any buyers in todays market. 

But then again, I recalled that Pullmantur recently scrapped 3 really old vessels. I guess it’s possible that older ships like Infinity might start sliding down the food chain.

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

@FlorenceItaly

We have done same as you and moved March 2021 out to March 2022, but that’s a situation we have never considered. Do you mind sharing why you think that the Infinity may not be around?

Due to cancellation of the update and the fact I think Celebrity(as well as other cruiselines) needing to make changes due to their financial situation it seems if they have to start cutting the fleet Infinity would be a logical cut.  I could be wrong.  I have a NRD on the Infinity cruise and that is why I needed to move it rather than cancel it.

I still see Infinity and Constellation to be removed permanently from the fleet, they would not need the additional capacity over the next years. For when a capacity increase will be needed you have a few more Edge Class ships to join the fleet.

• Like 2