Where is the Cloud

etual324

SS web site has  the Cloud Ushuaia to Ushuaia  20 Jan 21 10 days  and the next voyage 16 July Tromso

Where is the Cloud between Jan thru July  ???????

Good question! Cloud was meant to be doing the World Expedition cruise which has now been postponed 12 months as per the new schedule on the website.  I guess all will be revealed by Ss in due course but there is the possibility that it will be doing nothing.

5 hours ago, les37b said:

My guess is a complete recast of the program is afoot.... I suspect the same will happen for others too.

I  think you are right.   SS will likely be significantly different, at least when they resume cruising.  It will be interesting to see what moves they make to consolidate and preserve cash in order to be ready to restart. 

When my August Wind cruise was cancelled my SS contact did suggest things were being looked at, including a British Isles bubble set of cruises, but when i spoke a week or so ago, that idea hadnt gathered pace. 

I did speak with SS yesterday regarding clarification on a future rebooking and it does sound like they are gearing up to restart for September. (Rightly or wrongly) as staff that have been furloughed are starting back. So thats a good sign, but with spikes and second waves, the reality will likely not match the hopes.

8 hours ago, les37b said:

My guess is a complete recast of the program is afoot.... I suspect the same will happen for others too.

That’s what I have heard but one of the main problems is the long list of countries who are not accepting USA and UK citizens into their countries and this list is expanding as we are the top two countries in the World for Covid deaths. It must be a nightmare for all cruise companies endeavouring to rearrange itineraries to start up trading again.It doesn’t help when the four countries of the UK cannot agree between them a unified policy for crossing the borders between the four member countries!!Lets hope answers are found earlier than some of the estimates that are being put forward by the Scientists!!