Golden Princess to Pacific Adventure

We all know that Pacific Adventure is suppose to be coming to Australia in October of this year after a refit in Singapore, in which the water slides etc. are to be added.

Because of the Corvid 19 does anyone think that Carnival (P&O Australia) will proceed with the changes which they had intended, or send it down without any refurbishment.

I don't think they'll send her down without refurbishment as her "look" is wrong for P&O. They may delay using her in the fleet, especially if cruising resumes very slowly and cautiously.

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think they'll send her down without refurbishment as her "look" is wrong for P&O. 

Agreed

From the P&O site   

What they were planning..... the first listed cruise for Adventure is Dec 2020 

and for the Encounter ( Star Princess ) is Nov 2021.... 

But is anybody's guess really when it happens

Cheers Don

4 hours ago, woodscruise said:

send it down without any refurbishment

I don't know when she will come down here or how she'll be refurbished, but I would be very surprised if Carnival Corp would be spending shareholders cash on anything other than basic maintenance under the current circumstances.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I don't know when she will come down here or how she'll be refurbished, but I would be very surprised if Carnival Corp would be spending shareholders cash on anything other than basic maintenance under the current circumstances.

I agree. No way will they be spending money on a conversion to P&O Straya. I have a booking on the Pacific Adventure in Oct 2021. I am not getting my hopes up that it will happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, christodan said:

They have cruises on the Adventure starting in October 2020 on their site.

Sorry must have missed that.... have only been on the P&O site a couple of times......

and was trying to search by ship

I plead ....   being older and having fat fingers.... and maybe a seniors moment......lol

Cheers Don

47 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sorry must have missed that.... have only been on the P&O site a couple of times......

and was trying to search by ship

I plead ....   being older and having fat fingers.... and maybe a seniors moment......lol

No worries. I thought you knew something I didn't know as I have booked a cruise with them this November and I am hoping it's cancelled. 

I doubt the ship will be doing cruises in October and as the slides and such would have been ordered well before the covid hit, they are likely to proceed with them but maybe cut back on many of the other cosmetic changes.

Sort of off topic but, I have a story. We have had one or more of the princess ships of this class, the ones with the high stern and the elevated bar across. When they come in to Victoria the back in so the stern is what you see from the road. A buddy of mine says every time he sees that view it looks like a giant shopping cart. In many ways he's right.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

Golden Princess has now left Manila Bay with her destination listed as Port Klang, Malaysia.

Don't know why she's headed there... could be crew related, could be to onload/offload gear for a refit in Singapore.

At least there's a moving ship to track now 🙂

6 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

Golden Princess has now left Manila Bay with her destination listed as Port Klang, Malaysia.

Don't know why she's headed there... could be crew related, could be to onload/offload gear for a refit in Singapore.

At least there's a moving ship to track now 🙂

Check out: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2742133-cruise-ship-locations-during-the-cruise-ship-ban-of-2020/page/26/#comments