If I can't cruise I might as well smell like I'm on one

I do love the Bvlgari product they have on Celebrity and will try and come back with one or two of the small bottles stashed in my luggage to remind me of the trip.

I'm on my last shower gel/shampoo bottle that I use when I'm fed up (like now) and decided to heck with it. I'll buy my own bigger bottle.  So I found it on Amazon. Big brother meets little brother. Not cheap. 200ml is £31 (about $39), but a lot cheaper than a cruise!

Phil 

376D1DE6-D926-4FC8-9E98-034553BDA886.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Love it!  We usually cruise the Caribbean so every time I put on my suntan lotion each morning it reminds me of cruising.  Every time I hear a song on the radio (which is regularly) which is one of the Topper songs I sigh.  Sure hope this situation gets resolved soon and we can once again enjoy the real thing!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Phil, it seems we’re in the “same boat”. 😉

Down to our last 2 bottles of shower gel and lotion.

Thanks for the tip about Amazon.

6D7FC873-CB42-489A-A43B-F98A270D161F.jpeg

Sherry, make sure you order Au the Blanc as they do a few "flavours" and I'm not familiar with them. Here's a link, but of course it's the UK site. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZRPNKQ4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Phil 

13 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sherry, make sure you order Au the Blanc as they do a few "flavours" and I'm not familiar with them. Here's a link, but of course it's the UK site. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZRPNKQ4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Phil 

Thanks. ❤️
I noticed the “Au The Vert” and  “Au The Noir” on the US site. They seem to have more of those for sale than the “Au The Blanc”!

30 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

We had a breakfast  and coffee that reminded us of a cruise this morning--waffles for hubby

The waffles sound wonderful.  

Hey Jacquie!  😋

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Great idea!  I need to break out my stash.  Especially since they're no longer providing it on Celebrity.

So what is it now?  Is it ok?  Don't leave the Bvlgari in the bottle too long. Live for today!

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

We had a breakfast  and coffee that reminded us of a cruise this morning--waffles for hubby and caramel macchiato (k-cup version) for me. We can pretend and wish...

did you make this at home?

I would love to go to a restaurant one day, let alone a cruise!

Surprised that restaurants are open in Texas!    You have a big COVID 19 increase in infections.   We are much more conservative in openings in our county in Maryland but luckily our infection rate has dropped to zero.   We have been wearing masks for the last 100 days with no signs of stopping but at least we have contained the virus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

...... Especially since they're no longer providing it on Celebrity.

We left the Solstice on March 20th when Celebrity ceased normal passenger operations and the Solstice was starting their "float" until passenger operations resumed.  We certainly had Bvlgari toiletries in our stateroom.  

But back to the more important issues at hand.  I am down to a single Celebrity provided bottle of Bvlgari conditioner.  The shower gel, shampoo and hand lotion are long gone in this house.

10 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We left the Solstice on March 20th when Celebrity ceased normal passenger operations and the Solstice was starting their "float" until passenger operations resumed.  We certainly had Bvlgari toiletries in our stateroom.  

But back to the more important issues at hand.  I am down to a single Celebrity provided bottle of Bvlgari conditioner.  The shower gel, shampoo and hand lotion are long gone in this house.

Unfortunately Bvlgari is no longer available in most of the Suites on the E class ships, not sure about the higher suites.

My Gastrognome is cooking our way through our cruise that should have sailed yesterday

DD’s favourite embarkation day lunch from Luminae yesterday – Fried chicken with waffles, served with a honey sauce on the side. 

IMG_20200704_190806_0_1.thumb.jpg.13e0d982464465ee596f6b32dc8d5571.jpg

and Lobster Roll with salt and vinegar tortilla chips and Garlic bread on the side from the Porch for our sea day Lunch today

313271528_Day2-SeaDay.thumb.jpg.a863417f2b83fb3ab09451163de0789c.jpg

...I'm looking forward to Norway tommorrow 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The hair looks a mess afterwards though Ed.😃

Phil

Phil,

Sorry we got off of your topic.  I just couldn't help myself talking about waffles.  🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

So what is it now?  Is it ok?  Don't leave the Bvlgari in the bottle too long. Live for today!

Phil 

I can't remember the name offhand, but the Bvlgari was definitely gone when I was on Equinox in September.  I think everyone gets the same stuff now.  Interesting, since the suite prices have headed into the stratosphere.  One would think that would include enhanced toiletries.  

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I can't remember the name offhand, but the Bvlgari was definitely gone when I was on Equinox in September.  I think everyone gets the same stuff now.  Interesting, since the suite prices have headed into the stratosphere.  One would think that would include enhanced toiletries.  

That is a real shame, but looking at the price I paid for 200ml I'm not surprised. Perhaps Celebrity managed a special deal with Bvlgari and that ended.  Even happier I got my own now. 

Phil 

New stuff is Bigelow...Large refillable bottle in all rooms including top suites. We were not impressed, shower gel smelled and felt exactly the same as the shampoo, conditioner not bad.

Worse problem is the bottles (at least in our suite) were not fixed to a wall so then needed to be held and pumped, not easy with slippery hands...Also as they are reused it was another thing for us to sanitize as we entered the room.

Whilst we fully support the need to reduce plastic waste we were not impressed with this stuff and will be taking our own products next cruise...loved the Bvlgari!

• Like 3