When do you typically book a hotel for the night before?

We're sailing on the Radiance Jan 30th out of Port Canaveral. I've got a few good deals lined up for now, mainly hotels with park and cruise deals, but wonder if I should wait to see if prices drop. When do you typically book your night-before hotel? Any insight is welcome!

Thank you!

I Usually book once my plans are firmed up and I have paid on the cruise.  BUT, I always get a room with an easy cancellation policy, ie.  no charge if canceled within (at least) 1 week.  If a better deal comes along, I just cancel and rebook.

baf

• Like 3

As soon as I can, but I don't prepay in case I need to cancel.  January is peak season in Florida, and I've not seen prices drop.  

I'm sure the responses you get will vary widely, but for us, we normally book a hotel reservation, cruise insurance, and cruise site parking, 3 or 4 days after we make our cruise line booking. I want to have cruise line booking confirmation docs in hand before I do those other things. YMMV.

Agree with all of the other posts We have a cruise in October out of Jacksonville 🙏 and just booked our hotel with a park and cruise package, pay at check in and can cancel up to the day before Our experience has been that the best deals tend to go fast the closer to the sail date so right now we have better choices 

1 hour ago, Dixe Lee said:

Agree with all of the other posts We have a cruise in October out of Jacksonville 🙏 and just booked our hotel with a park and cruise package, pay at check in and can cancel up to the day before Our experience has been that the best deals tend to go fast the closer to the sail date so right now we have better choices 

1 hour ago, Dixe Lee said:

As soon as the dates become available. We also book with hotels that do not require any sort of payment and have a free cancellation policy. 

• Like 1

I usually book something early out, but like many have said, I make sure it is cancellable.  If a better deal comes along, I can take advantage of it and cancel the first. Usually, though, the best deals are early.  

On 7/5/2020 at 10:55 AM, Dixe Lee said:

Ditto for us. I just booked our hotel with parking package today for our April 2021 Celebrity Southern Caribbean trip. Anybody ever stay and park at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port? I've read some good reviews. If the good lord's willing and the creek don't rise, if Reflection  sails we will be aboard

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, definitely book something with a good cancellation policy.  And you said you are cruising in January?

Chances are not real good cruising will be happening in January..........

We like booking ASAP have seen some popular hotels sell out really quick , earlier this year most hotels in Miami were sold out 3 months before , it was valentines weekend. Never had issue canceling with any hotel in the Hilton chain. Need to cancel our November hotel and book for our now April cruise . 

It depends on the situation.  Always look at the calendar for events, concerts, festivals, etc. in the area you're thinking of booking.  Sporting events, festivals, holidays, the peak/low season, etc. for the hotels location all affect availability and price.  

If I'm flying in 2-3 days prior to the cruise and making my homeport part of my vacation, then I'm much more picky about where I stay, and book as soon as the booking window opens up, which is usually a year or so out, especially if I want a certain type of room such as a waterfront balcony, etc.

If I can only fly in a day beforehand I'll be more lenient on where I choose and will narrow down an area that I'm happy with (walk to shops/restaurants, and a nice pool) and do a Hotwire/Priceline at minimum 4 months prior, but again this also depends on the time of year and local events calendar for that location.  I'm also not picky about the type of room I get for just one day.

• 4 weeks later...