Dancing of the Ships After Cruising Resumes

mattcj89

51 minutes ago, zqvol said:

A large part of that is in the Myrtle Beach area, not Charleston.

By Ray Rivera | July 6, 2020 at 2:47 PM EDT - Updated July 6 at 3:21 PM

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - State health officials have reported 1,505 new cases of COVID-19 and 6 additional deaths in South Carolina.

Charleston County had the most reported cases on Monday with 326.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

A large part of that is in the Myrtle Beach area, not Charleston.

That's only because of all the visitors going to Myrtle Beach from all over the eastern part of U.S.  I can guarantee nobody contracted from MB residents, lol.  We have a vacation home there, and in May it was so different than it was over the Fourth of July, with license plates from all over.  😂

On 7/5/2020 at 5:37 PM, zqvol said:

I don't think anything is resuming before the end fo the year, but if it does you might see Norfolk and Charleston being used a lot more.

I don't think the Charleston residents will go for that.

17 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

One thing that I'm sure Miami has/is considered is homeporting a ship in Barbados and bypassing the US altogether.  Can they gather enough Caribbean/European guests to make a decent profit?  Who knows?  It might be enough to give the crew some practice at the new procedures.

No, they absolutely cannot. The Barbados homeport serves as a dual port of embarkation where passengers join mid-voyage. This type of setup is commonly found on upper mid-scale and luxury cruise lines sailing in exotic regions or during longer voyages. The majority of the staterooms are allocated to San Juan passengers and it’s common to see fewer than 200 passengers joining the ship in Barbados. They wouldn’t be able to make a voyage profitable when utilizing only Barbados as a port of embarkation.

Perhaps my friend @Aplmac can provide some details based on his experiences joining the cruises in Barbados?

Since no one has added news from Carnival's big announcement (which involves some dancing), I'll do it here and now:

• Mardi Gras is delayed, with its first voyage now scheduled to be 2/7/21
  • Radiance is delayed, with its first voyage around May 1, 2021 (maybe)
  • Breeze will move from PE to PC to take the Radiance's voyages from November through April '21
  • Breeze sailings from PE canceled from 11/7/20 through 3/7/21
  • Magic transatlantic and European voyages in March and April '21 have been canceled
  • Magic will take over the Breeze sailings from PE from 3/13/21 through 4/24/21, but will instead sail from Miami

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Since no one has added news from Carnival's big announcement (which involves some dancing), I'll do it here and now:

• Mardi Gras is delayed, with its first voyage now scheduled to be 2/7/21
  • Radiance is delayed, with its first voyage around May 1, 2021 (maybe)
  • Breeze will move from PE to PC to take the Radiance's voyages from November through April '21
  • Breeze sailings from PE canceled from 11/7/20 through 3/7/21
  • Magic transatlantic and European voyages in March and April '21 have been canceled
  • Magic will take over the Breeze sailings from PE from 3/13/21 through 4/24/21, but will instead sail from Miami

I just came across this...

February6th-MardiGras.jpg

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

The Barbados homeport serves as a dual port of embarkation where passengers join mid-voyage. This type of setup is commonly found on upper mid-scale and luxury cruise lines sailing in exotic regions or during longer voyages.

The majority of the staterooms are allocated to San Juan passengers

and it’s common to see fewer than 200 passengers joining the ship in Barbados.

They wouldn’t be able to make a voyage profitable

when utilizing only Barbados as a port of embarkation.

Perhaps my friend @Aplmac can provide some details

based on his experiences joining the cruises in Barbados?

Boarding at Barbados is an absolute snap! No delays..

Your cabin is always ready for you -

we usually get on board by about 10:30-11:00

Some years ago

when the active Carnival ship was either Victory or Valor

my local booking agent revealed that 40 cabins was the Barbados allotment

and that presumably spread out over several decks

- thus my cabin on lowly Deck 2 being always ready!

~Valor-804-A.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

Boarding at Barbados is an absolute snap! No delays..

Your cabin is always ready for you -

we usually get on board by about 10:30-11:00

Some years ago

when the active Carnival ship was either Victory or Valor

my local booking agent revealed that 40 cabins was the Barbados allotment

and that presumably spread out over several decks

- thus my cabin on lowly Deck 2 being always ready!

~Valor-804-A.jpg

Wow, only 40 staterooms? That’s certainly pretty limited. If it ever reached that capacity, did you have the option of booking two 7 day San Juan cruises and just join late in Barbados and disembark early during the second segment?

On 7/5/2020 at 2:27 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

As right now  Panorama will be staying here in California through 2022

That's subject to change given the circumstances we are going through.

With Panorama being the newest in the fleet, I wouldn't doubt if they temporarily move it to Florida to attract the Florida market which can offer an array of itineraries not just strictly Mexican Riviera like in the West Coast. 

Edited by Georgie562

57 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

That's subject to change given the circumstances we are going through.

With Panorama being the newest in the fleet, I wouldn't doubt if they temporarily move it to Florida to attract the Florida market which can offer an array of itineraries not just strictly Mexican Riviera like in the West Coast. 

I believe they will keep Panorama on the West Coast.............  Remember Florida IS GETTING NEW brand new ship next year after the delay.. Also, they promoted Panorama for West  Coast

2 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I believe they will keep Panorama on the West Coast.............  Remember Florida IS GETTING NEW brand new ship next year after the delay.. Also, they promoted Panorama for West  Coast

Okay and what if it keeps getting delayed at the shipyard and not ready in February? You think Carnival will wait for Mardi Gras if the USA is ready to sail in February? I doubt it. They will end up using their newest ship Panorama to make money off it. The lucrative Caribbean itineraries.

Edited by Georgie562

5 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Okay and what if it keeps getting delayed at the shipyard and not ready in February? You think Carnival will wait for it if the USA is ready to sail in February? I doubt it. They will end up using their newest ship Panorama to make money off it. The lucrative Caribbean itineraries.

The only problem is the Panorama is too big to fit in the panama canal. she will need to sail around the horn again which takes a lot of time. atleast 2 weeks to relocate from the west coast to the east coast

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

The only problem is the Panorama is too big to fit in the panama canal. she will need to sail around the horn again which takes a lot of time. atleast 2 weeks to relocate from the west coast to the east coast

Which I pointed out in post #10 on this thread.  Which shows that all the people saying/wishing she will come to FL haven't read the first page of the thread...  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Which I pointed out in post #10 on this thread.  Which shows that all the people saying/wishing she will come to FL haven't read the first page of the thread...  EM

Yes, they could move The Panorama to Florida, but they won't!!               If they do what ship would replace her for 7 day?  hmmmmm   it won't happen.......

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Panorama is currently anchored in Manila Bay along with Dream, Conquest and Spirit. The Conquest and Dream did not use the Panama Canal to get there so they could all return without the use of the Canal. Having said that I have no reason to think the Panorama won’t be returning to the West Coast. 

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

Panorama is currently anchored in Manila Bay along with Dream, Conquest and Spirit. The Conquest and Dream did not use the Panama Canal to get there so they could all return without the use of the Canal. Having said that I have no reason to think the Panorama won’t be returning to the West Coast. 

Panorama will be returning to West Coast.........  

Barring a mass culling of the fleet here in 2020, I think we'll see more meaningful changes in 2023:

Fascination from San Juan to Mobile

Fantasy (Mobile) retired

Service discontinued from San Juan

Second XL ship (Miami) delayed to 2023

Second XL ship to Miami

Horizon from Miami to Port Canaveral

Dream-class from Port Canaveral to Long Beach

Elation from Port Canaveral to Miami

Liberty from Port Canaveral to Miami

Sunrise from Miami to Port Canaveral

Sensation from Miami to Jacksonville

Ecstasy (Jacksonville), Imagination (Long Beach), Inspiration (Long Beach) retired.

Carnival takes the one opportunity to consolidate ships by putting a Dream-class ship on the Ensenada routes. Miami and Port Canaveral trade capacity to offset the loss of a Fantasy-class vessel in Port Canaveral.

At this point we have to assume Carnival would have begun building more ships again. As even with half of the Fantasy class gone, there are still 11 ships at least 20 years old, and one of those would be 30 years old (Sensation) come 2023.

7 hours ago, tidecat said:

Carnival takes the one opportunity to consolidate ships by putting a Dream-class ship on the Ensenada routes.

A Dream class ship doing 3/4 night cruises to Ensenada would completely blow my mind. Even before the pandemic, those were some of the absolute cheapest itineraries in the system, many times less than $200pp. That price point is OK aboard an old clunker of a Fantasy class ship, but not aboard a fairly new Dream class ship. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

If you live in Northeast Florida, and read the Florida Times Union, there is a LOT of testing going on. And More is coming. The Death rate in Duval for the entire pandemic is 70 people. All over 70. Every death is a loss, but all   of those who died were very old. ( I am too)  Most were in nursing homes. Very expensive nursing homes so it was not a lack of care. The Deerwood  area  in JAX and one in Orange Park.
I do not know anyone who has had it. I do not know of anyone who knows of who has had it. I have  had three repair folks in my home during the Pandemic. I asked them if they had been busy during the Lock down. All said they were swamped from Day one. They did not know of anyone who has had it here and do not know of anyone who knows of anyone who caught it.
Our Hospital beds are not full.   Ordinary surgery has been delayed.  I think they do some now.  Medical workers have been laid off.
We have a good governor. He sent the National Guard in to disinfect all nursing homes, and there has been one small outbreak. 
I think something fishy is up.  But I don't believe in most conspiracies.  I do think some  are using it for political reason .   I hope it is over sooner than later.
Everyone stay safe and well.  Live to cruise another day.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:08 AM, tidecat said:

Barring a mass culling of the fleet here in 2020, I think we'll see more meaningful changes in 2023:

Fascination from San Juan to Mobile

Fantasy (Mobile) retired

Service discontinued from San Juan

Second XL ship (Miami) delayed to 2023

Second XL ship to Miami

Horizon from Miami to Port Canaveral

Dream-class from Port Canaveral to Long Beach

Elation from Port Canaveral to Miami

Liberty from Port Canaveral to Miami

Sunrise from Miami to Port Canaveral

Sensation from Miami to Jacksonville

Ecstasy (Jacksonville), Imagination (Long Beach), Inspiration (Long Beach) retired.

Carnival takes the one opportunity to consolidate ships by putting a Dream-class ship on the Ensenada routes. Miami and Port Canaveral trade capacity to offset the loss of a Fantasy-class vessel in Port Canaveral.

At this point we have to assume Carnival would have begun building more ships again. As even with half of the Fantasy class gone, there are still 11 ships at least 20 years old, and one of those would be 30 years old (Sensation) come 2023.

Two large ships in California??

Not sure I see that -

I will say I love the thought you put into this and time will tell what really will happen