Which Princess sailings, (if any) do you think will sail this year? (And why)

CineGraphic

10 minutes ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Hurtigen (sp?) and Aida have announced plans to resume sailing very soon.

The AIDA plans are for three ships to cruise from German ports and visit no ports during the cruise, what we call a "cruise to nowhere."

On 7/8/2020 at 1:02 AM, caribill said:

On 7/7/2020 at 6:46 AM, welshrich said:

We've sailed about 35 times on RCI but had our 1st Princess cruise booked for November through the Panama Canal, as I'm not familiar with Princess, if they are going to cancel how far out do they normally do it?

On 7/8/2020 at 1:02 AM, caribill said:

Princess has been cancelling by blocks of time. First was mid-March when they cancelled 60 days of the schedule. Some of those were ready to leave, or even onboard. So some others had 60 days notice. Currently, everything is cancelled up to Sept 30. Certain cruises in specific areas have been cancelled beyond that point. I would expect another announcement in 4 to 6 weeks that could extend the general cruise stoppage. I'm hoping they will resume in time for my Caribbean Circle on Island Princess, scheduled fro Dec 20. That will be the first, and last, sailing of the Island before it begins the 2021 World Cruise.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:33 AM, HappyCruiserettu said:

I'm hoping they will resume in time for my Caribbean Circle on Island Princess, scheduled fro Dec 20. That will be the first, and last, sailing of the Island before it begins the 2021 World Cruise.

I hope you make it, too! We're booked on the 2021 WC. First one!

11 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

I hope you make it, too! We're booked on the 2021 WC. First one!

I'd be nervous about any first sailing, but wishing you good luck with that and wonderful memories.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, ontheweb said:

I'd be nervous about any first sailing, but wishing you good luck with that and wonderful memories.

Not sure if I was clear....my 1st world cruise. I'm elite with Princess. Last was Antarctica in December so if I don't cruise again; I have great memories of great cruises to places I never would have gone otherwise.

7 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Not sure if I was clear....my 1st world cruise. I'm elite with Princess. Last was Antarctica in December so if I don't cruise again; I have great memories of great cruises to places I never would have gone otherwise.

I actually read it as the first world cruise after the pandemic.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

simply disagree ... still a chance 🥃

Exactly which countries do you think will allow Americans to disembark in the next 5 months?

The way CV19 is spiralling out of control in the US at the moment, I think your list will be pretty small.

• Like 2

I only care about MY NEXT CRUISE ...really don't care about EU cruises, OZ, etc ... just MY CRUISE

so if Mexico opens ... great ... if not, maybe the Bahamas, and the US Virgin Islands will do for a weekend getaway cruise

MY CRUISE !!! 🏁  I just need FLL/PE to open first ...

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Exactly which countries do you think will allow Americans to disembark in the next 5 months?

The way CV19 is spiralling out of control in the US at the moment, I think your list will be pretty small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I only care about MY NEXT CRUISE ...really don't care about EU cruises, OZ, etc ... just MY CRUISE

so if Mexico opens ... great ... if not, maybe the Bahamas, and the US Virgin Islands will do for a weekend getaway cruise

MY CRUISE !!! 🏁  I just need FLL/PE to open first ...

I think you are living in a different universe to everyone else.

But, I admire your decision to totally avoid reality.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just heard that a vaccine MAY be created by the end of the year and MAYBE ready for folks to receive by spring. Do you know how long it will take for EVERYONE to get a vaccine even when it is available? I am betting it will take as long as it has taken to be able to get a test for Covid. I think we might be traveling by 2022 but not even hopeful for that on a cruise ship. But to all who think much more positive thanI I do hope you are correct and I will be proven incorrect.

23 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Just heard that a vaccine MAY be created by the end of the year and MAYBE ready for folks to receive by spring. Do you know how long it will take for EVERYONE to get a vaccine even when it is available? I am betting it will take as long as it has taken to be able to get a test for Covid. I think we might be traveling by 2022 but not even hopeful for that on a cruise ship. But to all who think much more positive thanI I do hope you are correct and I will be proven incorrect.

I hope this vaccine (if it will be created and if we can afford it) is not going the same route as the Flu vaccine, which has proven not to be too reliable. Every year we are getting our Flu shot and every year we still get some kind of Flu 🤔.

Theo

As each day goes by, I lose a little more hope that we'll sail in November.  I have slightly more faith in catching our transatlantic next April, but I still think that it's less than a 50/50 chance, and I sure hope that everyone has their s*^% together by October 2021.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renmar said:

I hope this vaccine (if it will be created and if we can afford it) is not going the same route as the Flu vaccine, which has proven not to be too reliable. Every year we are getting our Flu shot and every year we still get some kind of Flu 🤔.

The FDA's announced that it'll consider a COVID-19 vaccine effective if it prevents infection, or makes infections less severe, in 50% of patients.

In theory, a vaccine could gain approval even if it offers no protection to half the people who get it, and just keeps the other half less sick than they would have been without it.

Clinical trial data will help us see whether approved candidates exceed that threshold, but as it is, the FDA's minimum definition of "success" seems somewhat less than the world expects.