Princess Cay Sanctuary Clamshells

beachys

dns65;  I have nothing to compare to.  I have not been to Princess Cays.  I have been to RCCL private island when it first opened back in 2011; and they were just starting to get things going.  A lot of the water sports area was not up and running; the water slides were not open.  The beach was very nice and so was the picnic area.  I ready where you ranked it last in your post #20.  I was really asking about the clam shells that people were talking about. Thank and have a nice day.

Husky61;  when you visited the island;  what did you not like about it?  Was there anything that you did like?  Curious about your thoughts and answer.  Thanks

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Husky61;  when you visited the island;  what did you not like about it?  Was there anything that you did like?  Curious about your thoughts and answer.  Thanks

We didn't like the beach, the clam shells were too close for us, the food was less than mediocre, the drinks were weak, too crowded, etc etc. Hopefully we won't be on another cruise that stops there.

10 hours ago, TNTLAMB said:

highly unlikely you need to worry about this. Rumor is Princes Cays will soon cease to exist. What it will be replaced with (if anything) is anyone's guess.

And the source of this rumor?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

And the source of this rumor?

Its for sale (has been since the fire) and negotiations in process. The impossibility of docking facilities has made it far to expensive. If you are paying attention to the redeployments, you will notice  its prolly very close to a done deal as PC moves more assets to Europe and restructuring Alaska as well as turning Caribbean port stops upside down.

Edited by TNTLAMB

6 minutes ago, TNTLAMB said:

Its for sale (has been since the fire) and negotiations in process. The impossibility of docking facilities has made it far to expensive. If you are paying attention to the redeployments, you will notice  its prolly very close to a done deal as PC moves more assets to Europe and restructuring Alaska as well as turning Caribbean port stops upside down.

After some Googling, I don't see anything in this regard.  Source(s)?  (Frankly, I don't really care whether it is sold or kept).

1 hour ago, TNTLAMB said:

I'm involved (indirectly) As you prolly know the Saudi govt bought 8% of CCL a few months back and is making some demands as they bought a bit early making their "Uber experience" look good.

Well... that would be disappointing as my family loves private islands.

We will survive either way; maybe the replacement port will be better!

There is more to the story. The entire management team for the Cay was replaced almost 2 years ago as one more attempt. The shh wasn't for you, there were a few who couldn't find the Disney Deal, even though it was closed over a year ago. Remember the island has 100 plus miles of beach

Edited by TNTLAMB

On 7/9/2020 at 6:34 PM, Potstech said:

NO.  Why it has been on the news for anyone to read.  It is no secret.

I wonder that, too.

Currently, when a ship calls on Princess Cays, they bring food, drinks, bartenders, waiters, cooks, etc.

on shore to set up, and feed folks.

There are also local bahamians who are lifeguards, boat drivers, hair braiders, shop staff, etc.

(I don't know all the tasks they perform)

It might be an interesting idea to -- operate a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale with a single port call 

Princess Cays; and eliminate all the local workers.

That would seem limit the covid risk...other than what embarking passengers brought on board.

And, limit the cruise to something like 3 days.   That way a ship would become an outbreak of

cases, as even if someone contracts coronavirus, they will be off the ship before it becomes

apparent.

If you have followed anything Disney does;  they do it in secret and then one day you see; oh look, Disney bought this company, or they bought all this land and will be building a new theme park.  So they are very secretive in doing business.