NCL Not Refunding Cruise Next Vouchers . NCL Cancelled the cruise

Thequietone

2 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

You have just been NCL'd.

For your convenience of course......

Not used to this appalling customer service and I am sure the courts take a grim view. Will let you know😃

Here are a couple recent threads on the CruiseNext Deposits and how they're being handled with regards to expiration dates.  In skimming these threads it seems as though the deposits are being returned with no change to expiration date so if yours were expired prior to now they may not be returned to your account.

3 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Good grief you had 4 years to use the Cruise Next.     Did you request an extension BEFORE it expired?   

Yes and I used it to buy the cruise.NCL accepted the voucher.  NCL cancelled the cruise. Now I want the voucher back. Nice and simple.

9 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Yes and I used it to buy the cruise.NCL accepted the voucher.  NCL cancelled the cruise. Now I want the voucher back. Nice and simple.

So you already had a 1 year extension ?    If so you then had 5 years to use it.    

So you already had a 1 year extension ?    If so you then had 5 years to use it.    
It not about the extension. We used the vouchers as currency to pay for the cruise. The accepted the vouchers. They cancelled the cruise . We just want back what they took away. The vouchers we used to pay for the cruise. Very simple and easy.
Nothing to do with extensions.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

18 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Not about the extension? We used a current voucher.NCL took this as payment. It is an NCL cancelled cruise refund  not returned.

2 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Not about the extension? We used a current voucher.NCL took this as payment. It is an NCL cancelled cruise refund  not returned.

They do Not refund Cruise Next deposits in cash.    They return to your account.  YOUR ONLY option- is a one time 1 year extension of the expiration date. 

The terms were very clearly noted when you purchased the Cruise Next. The only opportunity for a refund was within 30 days of purchase.  

• Like 1

They do Not refund Cruise Next deposits in cash.    They return to your account.  YOUR ONLY option- is a one time 1 year extension of the expiration date. 

The terms were very clearly noted when you purchased the Cruise Next. The only opportunity for a refund was within 30 days of purchase.  
Great, my point is their not refunding the vouchers I used. I just want my vouchers back to book another cruise. Don't need an extension just want back what the used and then cancelled. They say they won't give me the vouchers back never mind cash.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Great, my point is their not refunding the vouchers I used. I just want my vouchers back to book another cruise. Don't need an extension just want back what the used and then cancelled. They say they won't give me the vouchers back never mind cash.

The problem you are having in getting help here is that you haven’t clearly stated the facts and it’s difficult to understand what is going on. Apparently, you used Cruise Next certificates as part of your booking of a cruise that NCL has since cancelled, right? If so, how many, and what is or was the date of expiration of those Cruise Next certificates?   If they have not expired, what is the reason NCL is giving you for not redepositing them into your account? If they have expired, what is it that you would like NCL to do? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thequietone said:

So what is the expiration date of the vouchers? If it's in the past they are worthless, you are not entitled to them back. It sucks, but you do have 4 full years to use them when they were bought initially, 5, if you got an extension.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

So what is the expiration date of the vouchers? If it's in the past they are worthless, you are not entitled to them back. It sucks, but you do have 4 full years to use them when they were bought initially, 5, if you got an extension.

I used them in date, and they accepted them to pay for the cruise with no issue. They have now cancelled the cruise I paid for using the vouchers. They have had said one of the vouchers I used has expired so now can't be returned. My point is they accepted the voucher as payment and they are the ones who cancelled the cruise. If they had not cancelled the cruise the voucher is valid payment to the cruise . What has changed?

16 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

I used them in date, and they accepted them to pay for the cruise with no issue. They have now cancelled the cruise I paid for using the vouchers. They have had said one of the vouchers I used has expired so now can't be returned. My point is they accepted the voucher as payment and they are the ones who cancelled the cruise. If they had not cancelled the cruise the voucher is valid payment to the cruise . What has changed?

Cruise next certificates have an expiration date. What was the actual expiration date of the certificates? 

For example, I have one that expires December of 2020, I booked a cruise for November of 2021 and requested that they be extended as payment for that cruise. NCL permitted that. They made me aware that if I cancel that November 2021 cruise after December of this year, they will go away. It's the same situation if you just didn't use the cert, they're worthless after their expiration date.

• Like 2

Cruise next certificates have an expiration date. What was the actual expiration date of the certificates? 

For example, I have one that expires December of 2020, I booked a cruise for November of 2021 and requested that they be extended as payment for that cruise. NCL permitted that. They made me aware that if I cancel that November 2021 cruise after December of this year, they will go away. It's the same situation if you just didn't use the cert, they're worthless after their expiration date.

June 2022

1 minute ago, Thequietone said:
6 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

June 2022

Then there's no reason why you shouldn't get it back. My May cruise was cancelled and I was given my cruise next certificates back. Hopefully you have the voucher numbers and the expiration dates documented, then there shouldn't be any issues, maybe the rep doesn't understand the issue or you need to escalated to a supervisor.

Just now, KSSS2013 said:

Then there's no reason why you shouldn't get it back. My May cruise was cancelled and I was given my cruise next certificates back. Hopefully you have the voucher numbers and the expiration dates documented, then there shouldn't be any issues, maybe the rep doesn't understand the issue or you need to escalated to a supervisor.

Thank you for that . I am still waiting for the Manager to call me back. I have written to the head guy also

Just now, Thequietone said:

Thank you for that . I am still waiting for the Manager to call me back. I have written to the head guy also

They are so different to how Royal and Celebrity operate . They just can't do enough for you.

One of the many reasons I have never purchased these non-monetary land mines.  As my uncle Martin said many years ago, "Boy, if it's free, you run from it."  Some of the best advice I've ever received.  

4 minutes ago, jingle5616 said:

One of the many reasons I have never purchased these non-monetary land mines.  As my uncle Martin said many years ago, "Boy, if it's free, you run from it."  Some of the best advice I've ever received.  

I think that is great advice, thank you.We live and learn. I won't let this guys get away with it . It is just hassle spending time chasing what is rightfully yours and being mugged by NCL Corporate Mobsters, in broad daylight,still hurts.

Edited by Thequietone

41 minutes ago, Thequietone said:
45 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

June 2022

This was information we needed 18 posts ago in order to answer accurately and not come off sounding like we were scolding you for not using them in time.

You are definitely owed the certificates back on your account so keep at it.

• Like 3

Just now, hallux said:

This was information we needed 18 posts ago in order to answer accurately and not come off sounding like we were scolding you for not using them in time.

You are definitely owed the certificates back on your account so keep at it.

Hi Again, My point was that I used them and they accepted their use. They then cancelled our cruise and will not refund one of the vouchers used to pay. The fact that it may of expired after I used the voucher is not my issue . The voucher was 100% valid at time of payment and would of remained valid . They cancelled the cruise and also cancel any validity on one of the vouchers? Nuts