NCL Not Refunding Cruise Next Vouchers . NCL Cancelled the cruise

Thequietone

1 hour ago, Thequietone said:

They cancelled the cruise and also cancel any validity on one of the vouchers? Nuts

Did you see my first reply?  I pointed you to two other threads where people DID get theirs back.  You need to push them on this issue.

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

Did you see my first reply?  I pointed you to two other threads where people DID get theirs back.  You need to push them on this issue.

Thank you. It is so kind of you to help me. Yes I have looked at the topics.I feel sure we will prevail. I have written to a number of people and I am waiting for replays. I am like a dog with a bone, no surrender. I hate injustice and appreciate the support and help you guys provide. Corporate bullying is not good. 

44 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Thank you. It is so kind of you to help me. Yes I have looked at the topics.I feel sure we will prevail. I have written to a number of people and I am waiting for replays. I am like a dog with a bone, no surrender. I hate injustice and appreciate the support and help you guys provide. Corporate bullying is not good. 

Everyone here has been trying to help you.   As has been pointed out, you did not provide enough information to start with.  If your certs don't expire until June 2022, as you have since told us, then there's no reason to have any debate with NCL about redepositing expired certs used on a cruise NCL cancelled, since that's not the issue here at all. 

You still have valid certs, you should get them back.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Everyone here has been trying to help you.   As has been pointed out, you did not provide enough information to start with.  If your certs don't expire until June 2022, as you have since told us, then there's no reason to have any debate with NCL about redepositing expired certs used on a cruise NCL cancelled, since that's not the issue here at all. 

Exactly , Just spoken to a Manager Alan based in Miami. He still says no but is taking up my case with the Cruise Next team and calling me back. Hopefully we are on the home run now?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Exactly , Just spoken to a Manager Alan based in Miami. He still says no but is taking up my case with the Cruise Next team and calling me back. Hopefully we are on the home run now?

What reason were you given for the "no"? 

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

What reason were you given for the "no"? 

4 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

He said it has expired. I explained not. 

Obviously, whether or not your certs have expired is an objective, knowable fact.  When you told him, as I assume you did, that your certs don't expire until June 2022 (the date you told us above), what did he say?    I'm sorry, but I keep feeling like we aren't getting the whole story here, since there shouldn't be a debate over whether they are expired or not. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Obviously, whether or not your certs have expired is an objective, knowable fact.  When you told him, as I assume you did, that your certs don't expire until June 2022 (the date you told us above), what did he say?    I'm sorry, but I keep feeling like we aren't getting the whole story here, since there shouldn't be a debate over whether they are expired or not. 

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Alan said that the extension granted on the certificate could not be transffered and has expired . I explained that the cruise I booked and NCL cancelled was nothing to do with the extension. He agreed but even as a Sales Manager he had no power to reinstate the voucher .The classed it as a further extension to the one already extended . We both agreed it was BS but he could not change that. It was above his pay grade. 

2 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

Alan said that the extension granted on the certificate could not be transffered and has expired . I explained that the cruise I booked and NCL cancelled was nothing to do with the extension. He agreed but even as a Sales Manager he had no power to reinstate the voucher .The classed it as a further extension to the one already extended . We both agreed it was BS but he could not change that. It was above his pay grade. 

The voucher became valid currency once they accepted it as part payment. NCL then pulled the contract ie cancelled the cruise. Nothing to do with the validity of a voucher.

Just now, Thequietone said:

The voucher became valid currency once they accepted it as part payment. NCL then pulled the contract ie cancelled the cruise. Nothing to do with the validity of a voucher.

They broke the contract not the customer (Me)

Edited by Thequietone

I think he means that the original cruise next had or will have expired before this cancelled cruise would sail so they gave him an extension.  Now that he cannot sail on the cruise to which it was intended it goes back to the original expiration date which is now expired.

7 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I think he means that the original cruise next had or will have expired before this cancelled cruise would sail so they gave him an extension.  Now that he cannot sail on the cruise to which it was intended it goes back to the original expiration date which is now expired.

100% Elliein. You have got it. My question , is that fair and reasonable and does it treat a customer fairly? I think the answer is clearly, no.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

100% Elliein. You have got it. My question , is that fair and reasonable and does it treat a customer fairly? I think the answer is clearly, no.

No.  It is not fair.  I have a cruise next certif attached to a cruise for Jan. 2021 that expires March 2021.  It was from a cancelled cruise in April.   I am 99% certain that I will cancel this cruise before my final payment in August.  Will NCL extend it for me because there is no way I will book a cruise before March.  We'll just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

No.  It is not fair.  I have a cruise next certif attached to a cruise for Jan. 2021 that expires March 2021.  It was from a cancelled cruise in April.   I am 99% certain that I will cancel this cruise before my final payment in August.  Will NCL extend it for me because there is no way I will book a cruise before March.  We'll just have to wait and see.

It just seems that part of their problem is that they do not look after guests like Royal or Celebrity. They have a strange way of dealing with guest concerns . It has left me feeling mugged. I always have issues sorted out and agreed with their competitors including MSC. It is very short sited and poor management .

The mentality is strange and short sited . 

58 minutes ago, Thequietone said:

It just seems that part of their problem is that they do not look after guests like Royal or Celebrity

To be fair - those cruise lines don't have the CruiseNext program.  On those lines, if you want on-board deals related to future bookings, you have to actually book a cruise.  The CruiseNext program has terms and conditions that govern the program.  Should NCL show some leeway?  Maybe, but how much?  If someone was just this year cruising on a certificate they've had for 4 years and is looking for more time because of COVID cancellations, why shouldn't someone who bought certificates 2 years ago also be offered another year on theirs if their cruise was also cancelled?  Where is the cutoff?

So, this sales manager is saying the expiration extension can't be transferred, which means there's a new number attached to the refunded CruiseNext value even though it carries the same original expiration as the original certificate?  If they only grant a 1 year extension as noted by another poster, how is the expiration in 2022 if we haven't hit 2021 yet?  And if it was originally valid until sometime in 2021 (because it would have to be if the new expiration is 2022) why can't they refund the certificate back to your account since they're surely still valid right now?  I feel like there's still some missing information.

When did you purchase these CruiseNext certificates?

• Like 3

I think that everyone is missing something here.  If they roll pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions, and whatever else into FCC instead of refunding them separately and then refusing to allow you to use the FCC to repurchase these same items then its obvious that Cruise Next Certificates are being placed back into account specifically to force as many to expire as they can.  To roll them into a FCC would allow them to retain some value that would help the customer and of course NCL can't have that.

3 minutes ago, Barcode78 said:

I think that everyone is missing something here.  If they roll pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions, and whatever else into FCC instead of refunding them separately and then refusing to allow you to use the FCC to repurchase these same items then its obvious that Cruise Next Certificates are being placed back into account specifically to force as many to expire as they can.  To roll them into a FCC would allow them to retain some value that would help the customer and of course NCL can't have that.

absolutely agree 👍 

1 minute ago, Barcode78 said:

Cruise Next Certificates are being placed back into account specifically to force as many to expire as they can.  To roll them into a FCC would allow them to retain some value that would help the customer and of course NCL can't have that.

Or, to look at it a different way - refunds are issued to the form of payment.  In the interest of not complicating matters they're "refunding" the CNC's back to CNC's right off the bat so you know what your cash refund amount is should you choose that option later on.  Remember - the FCC is issued to everyone automatically, even if the customer knows they eventually want to request a "cash" refund.

1 minute ago, Thequietone said:

February 2016

Then those are expired, they expired in Feb. 2020 (good for 4 years), and were "extended" by allowing you to book a cruise that sailed after that date but the booking was made before that date.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Then those are expired, they expired in Feb. 2020 (good for 4 years), and were "extended" by allowing you to book a cruise that sailed after that date but the booking was made before that date.

yes correct 

27 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Then why did you say they expire 6/22?

Sorry but this is not about a voucher's expiry date . The voucher was live and extended when it was one of two used to deposit the cruise. It was accepted as payment currency by NCL.