We are Cruising

Our original plan was a villa in Brittany with the family. That fell through so it became a villa for two, but we were not enthralled by it. I was also looking at cruises for next year and found that a lot of people had beaten us to it. Needing a disability cabin restricts the choices and complicates the searches.

I thought I had finally found one from and to Southampton via the Canaries and then discovered that it was 2020 not 2021 - darn. Then I looked again. It is on Celebrity Silhouette, a ship we really liked and the price is good. The outcome is that France is off and The canaries is on. We sail on 28th September.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bob++ said:

Our original plan was a villa in Brittany with the family. That fell through so it became a villa for two, but we were not enthralled by it. I was also looking at cruises for next year and found that a lot of people had beaten us to it. Needing a disability cabin restricts the choices and complicates the searches.

I thought I had finally found one from and to Southampton via the Canaries and then discovered that it was 2020 not 2021 - darn. Then I looked again. It is on Celebrity Silhouette, a ship we really liked and the price is good. The outcome is that France is off and The canaries is on. We sail on 28th September.

Good luck, I really hope it does sail for you.  We are still told 'Essential travel only' and it won't be reviewed again until July 20th.  I really miss my travels.......

Unless there is another serious peak, I think that the end of September is a fairy safe bet. As far as ports go, I would not be devastated if we had to stay on board for the whole trip.

The UK government updated its advice yesterday against all cruise travel, despite the easing of the non-essential travel advice for certain destinations. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/09/uk-foreign-office-urges-holidaymakers-to-avoid-cruise-ships

• Thanks 1

I've already consoled myself that I won't be cruising this year at all. My goal when I retired three years ago was to sail at least 30 days a year. I managed to do that the first year and the third year but was eight days short in 2018. My last cruise was in December, so I'm almost over the withdrawal symptoms now.