Our Wedding on the Norwegian Breakaway

With the pandemic and staying at home, I was finally able to write down our cruise wedding story, as well as how we planned our cruise wedding. I had written it down during our wedding a few years ago, but I never had the time to edit them and put them on our blog. This means that the information below is correct, and all I did was get it edited to fit within our blog posts and add in some photos, etc.

Our Cruise Wedding on the Norwegian Breakawayhttps://www.anyadventurewithyou.com/our-cruise-wedding/

How We Planned our Cruise Weddinghttps://www.anyadventurewithyou.com/cruise-wedding-planning/

The second post touches on the exact things we did to plan our wedding, such as working with Royal Ocean Events and coordinating our 40+ guests both onboard and before the cruise. If you have any questions, please let me know, either here or on my blog. I would love to help anyone with their own wedding planning because, even with struggles with ROE, I wouldn't trade our day for the world and I HIGHLY recommend getting married on a cruise!

• 6 months later...

Wow, 

It sounds like you had an amazing day!  I just became engaged New Years Day, (so i'm a newbie for sure)  and my fiance' and I have always talked about being married by the Captain of a cruise ship. (still feels strange to say fiance' :) We realize with the pandemic we need to plan far out, especially since things are changing from day to day in the cruise industry. We have a tentative date of May of 2022 on the Caribbean Princess, but are holding off booking for another month or two, just to see how things are then. 

Reading about all your planning, and how things worked out once you were  on board answered some of my questions already, but I do have a few more, if you wouldn't mind my asking, it would be much appreciated. 

1: Did you give out wedding favors at the end of the night?.  Since the cruise leaves from Florida and everyone will have to fly there , we are definitely doing welcome bags at the hotel. We are also hoping to just do a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants in place of a 'traditional' reception, and weren't sure if we could even place anything on the dinner tables. (We are keeping things small, possible 15 - 18 guests at the most, and don't feel we need a private room for several hours for such a small group)

2: Did you purchase Wedding Insurance. If so, did you get both Liability and Cancellation? (I would imagine the cruise line has it's own Liability insurance and we would be covered under that, but who knows?

Any advice, tips or thoughts would be very helpful.

Thanks