Re the virus - what about the bathrooms?

lucymorgan

13 hours ago, lucymorgan said:

The antibody tests are not accurate and it isn't yet known whether having had the virus gives immunity.  I know a number  of people who are epidemiologists and that is what they have told me.

I would like to give blood and I am O negative so would be a universal donor but sadly because of earlier treatment I cannot.  😞   

And yet both the US and European health authorities have said current antibody tests are accurate to greater than 99%.  There were issues with earlier versions of the tests, but they seem to have been solved.  And a lot of wrong information was generated by early, faulty antibody tests giving false positives.

The very purpose of a vaccine is to induce your body to produce antibodies.  The same antibodies that show up on those tests.  If being positive for antibodies doesn't protect you, then covid vaccines will be useless, because making you positive for antibodies is what a vaccine does.  And if antibodies don't confer immunity then it doesn't matter if your antibodies came from infection OR vaccine.  And it makes the whole notion of herd immunity nonsense.  The whole idea of herd immunity is that a sufficient proportion of the populace has antibodies (regardless of how they were generated) and that the immunity of these people makes infection within the community much less likely.  IIf there is no personal immunity for antibody positive people then herd immunity is impossible.

5 hours ago, c-boy said:

and no talking

RIght, no even talking at the sinks. The only thing you hear is toilets flushing, water running at the sinks, and if there are dryers, the dryers in use.

Sometimes after you have been waiting outside the restrooms for quite awhile and notice someone else seeming to do the same thing, there is a conversation.

"Waiting for the wife?" "Yeah"

12 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Men have developed a system since the beginning of time.

No one uses the middle urinal

Our son's company blocked every other one off.

• Like 1