bye bye oceana

poorer

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Do I really have to spell it out Wowzz... You should Know The Score... 😊

Thank you.

I've had all sorts of permutations in my head, from Kiss The Scone to Know Total S**t

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'd realised that when skimming through the posts later and then couldn't edit. I often transpose letters. It's worse when it's numbers though. You should see the state of my home account book 😆

Avril 

It is clever that predictive text knows what I want to say, when I don't know myself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

It is clever that predictive text knows what I want to say, when I don't know myself.

I've often read what predictive text wants me to say. Sometimes it's weird or hilarious and other times it can downright rude. Needless to say I check and double-check before I send. I wouldn't want to offend anyone unnecessarily 😊.

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've often read what predictive text wants me to say. Sometimes it's weird or hilarious and other times it can downright rude. Needless to say I check and double-check before I send. I wouldn't want to offend anyone unnecessarily 😊.

Avril 

I wish I had your discipline Avril, I tend to press send, then realise some of my post is gibberish, and when I then come to amend it, I can't for the life of me remember exactly what I was trying to say.:classic_blink:

40 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wish I had your discipline Avril, I tend to press send, then realise some of my post is gibberish, and when I then come to amend it, I can't for the life of me remember exactly what I was trying to say.:classic_blink:

I have noticed John😉. I used to suffer the same infliction, but the continual embarrassment made me start proof-reading. The odd transposed letters still get through though😆

Avril 

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Me neither - I was on the Andy's wavelength with this one.

I was not even thinking on that wavelength  - should have thought about the context a bit more.

Having said that, it has been a bit quiet on that front recently, not that I'm complaining!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I was not even thinking on that wavelength  - should have thought about the context a bit more.

Having said that, it has been a bit quiet on that front recently, not that I'm complaining!

Sshh. Don't wake him up.😉

Avril 

• Haha 2

I've often read what predictive text wants me to say. Sometimes it's weird or hilarious and other times it can downright rude. Needless to say I check and double-check before I send. I wouldn't want to offend anyone unnecessarily [emoji4].
Avril 
I use voice to text or voice typing.
it's extremely fast and almost always correct

Not with a Yorkshire accent it isn't [emoji6]
Avril 
don't worry, with any accent, your smartphone will learn to recognise your voice and type each word correctly.
it just takes a little bit of practice and time

On 7/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, Adawn47 said:

Not with a Yorkshire accent it isn't 😉

Avril 

Try a Black Country accent the alexa device our daughter brought us keeps saying “what did he say I don’t understand”

• Haha 3

On 7/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, AndyMichelle said:

An occasional, antagonistic poster who turns up when he wants a fight, waffles on like Bruce, taking 200 words to say what anyone else could say in 10..

knowing everything about everything... Perhaps he could be Bruce... 

Andy 

He's just turned up on another thread! No difference in his writing style unfortunately. 

What is strange that there are lengthy gaps between his postings. Perhaps he is reading  a thesaurus in the  interim.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

He's just turned up on another thread! No difference in his writing style unfortunately. 

What is strange that there are lengthy gaps between his postings. Perhaps he is reading  a thesaurus in the  interim.  

Or only gets out occasionally? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slight thread drift people.
Good riddance to an awful, sub-standard ship.

Many have nice memories and therefore this is the best thing that Carnival can do. Stop insulting the gullible public trading on the previous good name of P&O.

39 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Slight thread drift people.
Good riddance to an awful, sub-standard ship.

Many have nice memories and therefore this is the best thing that Carnival can do. Stop insulting the gullible public trading on the previous good name of P&O.

I take it you didn't like her!

Best you stick with the glitz of Celebrity.