Ships Leaving Manila Bay for Malaysia

beg3yrs

The Crown, Golden, Island, Diamond, Royal and Pacific are showing as on the move to Malaysia. I get this from a combination of bridge cams and the MarineTraffic web-site. I haven't done a thorough check to see if there are more leaving the Philippines but I'm pretty sure about these.

I could speculate that they've finally disembarked all the crew for the Philippines and now they're heading for less expensive anchorages but I really don't know.

Anyone have insight as to what's going on?

• Thanks 2

I don't know either but that makes sense to me.  I don't think they'd be picking up crew members to start up cruising again unfortunately.  Perhaps it'll be closer so they can receive shipments (parts, supplies, food, etc.) quicker or it's a better place to have the ships get minor 'surgery' done while waiting it out?  

A Princess officer has a vlog on YouTube, and in his newest video he explained that something called "green lanes" have opened up in Malaysia and Hong Kong that make it much easier for seafarers to be repatriated.  So some ships were leaving the Philippines and relocating for that reason.

Check out his videos.  Just search for Same Ship Different Day on YouTube.  He just got home after being on the Golden Princess for many months.  The videos have been very interesting, and he says he will continue them even though he is home.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 7:29 PM, beg3yrs said:

The Crown, Golden, Island, Diamond, Royal and Pacific are showing as on the move to Malaysia. I get this from a combination of bridge cams and the MarineTraffic web-site. I haven't done a thorough check to see if there are more leaving the Philippines but I'm pretty sure about these.

I could speculate that they've finally disembarked all the crew for the Philippines and now they're heading for less expensive anchorages but I really don't know.

Anyone have insight as to what's going on?

Do ships have to pay for anchorage