Beverage service

lextrvlr

2 hours ago, lextrvlr said:

Please advise if there is bar service on these ships and, if so, when available. I see none in the photos and no mention of beverage service, ??? Thanks.

There is "limited" bar service.

Beer and wine is complimentary during lunch and dinner.  There is also a pre-dinner "Happy Hour prior to dinner, where beer, wine and cocktails are served (also gratis) along with some "finger snacks".  Many, if not all, of the ships also have an open bar during the evening's entertainment, that often carries over a tad longer.

On top of all that, passengers may freely bring their own "choice beverages" aboard, with no hassles.  Having said that, I have yet to see anyone bringing aboard a keg.  Bringing on locally obtained beverages is also fully allowed

We find ACL's beverage provisions quite adequate, and have not seen any real abuse of the policy.

NRayH

I don't ever remember seeing a wine list. That said they usually offered 3-4 varieties each of red and white and usually a rose was available at cocktail hour. If you don't find something you like, ask for it and in my experience they will try to get it aboard when they can. At dinner time, they were usually pouring only 1 white and 1 red. Again, if not to your liking, ask for what you liked at cocktail hour and they'll usually bring a bottle down for you. 

56 minutes ago, dfb said:

I don't ever remember seeing a wine list. That said they usually offered 3-4 varieties each of red and white and usually a rose was available at cocktail hour. If you don't find something you like, ask for it and in my experience they will try to get it aboard when they can. At dinner time, they were usually pouring only 1 white and 1 red. Again, if not to your liking, ask for what you liked at cocktail hour and they'll usually bring a bottle down for you. 

Our experience has been somewhat different than "dbf's". 

The servers at lunch and dinner will usually have a list of which wines they have access to, usually 2-3 different  red and white wines.  If you are unfamiliar with the brands, ask for  sample pour(s) and make your selection.  We usually try to keep our "tastings" to a minimum.  If we find something we really like, we will just ask for it at the next meal.

We have found the servers very accommodating (even though usually not a polished as those on the larger cruise lines).  For the most part, they are not extremely knowledgeable with wine varieties, but are willing to do whatever they can to satisfy your requests.  Do not expect to find extremely "high-end" wines/vintages.

As "dbf" mentioned, you can always ask the hotel manager if they can/will get you a particular wine/vintage.  We have always been able to "make-do", nicely, with the selections available.

NRayH