Quarantine policy before cruise

wandb

I just learned a bit of concerning news. A friend from Pennsylvania just called to cancel his planned trip to GA as he would have to be quarantined for 14 days when he returns to PA. He can not afford that time off from work.  I looked up PA’s policy online and it does seem that those entering PA from several states (including GA) must quarantine for 14 days. 

What does that do to those of us leaving from Pittsburg on the Duchess in Sept? We had planned to possibly spend a few days in PA before the cruise, but not 14 days in a hotel room somewhere!!

Also wondering if museums, historic homes, and other attractions on the HOHO bus tour will even be open. Closed restaurants are not a problem for us as we prefer to eat onboard. 

6 hours ago, wandb said:

I just learned a bit of concerning news. A friend from Pennsylvania just called to cancel his planned trip to GA as he would have to be quarantined for 14 days when he returns to PA. He can not afford that time off from work.  I looked up PA’s policy online and it does seem that those entering PA from several states (including GA) must quarantine for 14 days. 

What does that do to those of us leaving from Pittsburg on the Duchess in Sept? We had planned to possibly spend a few days in PA before the cruise, but not 14 days in a hotel room somewhere!!

Also wondering if museums, historic homes, and other attractions on the HOHO bus tour will even be open. Closed restaurants are not a problem for us as we prefer to eat onboard. 

Was in a similar discussion about Chicago. Your "few days" in PA would be quarantine. Don't think they would mind if you left before the 14 days have elapsed. I'd stay up-to-date with Pennsylvania website regarding their policy.

Edited by TinCan782

This is probably not much help, but why not switch to next year.  That is what we have done.  I was worried a lot about the HOHO buses, among other things.  And, the way things are going right now, I really doubt there will be ANY cruising this year.

• Like 1