Ketchikan Lumberjack show & Totem BIght tour?

LCW

Taking our 13 yr old daughter next year.  Would like to do both the who and Totem Bight (or Saxman village), but haven't found a tour that has both other than the ship's (Princess).  In port 6:30am-3pm.   I prefer not to book with the ship if possible.  Can anybody point me toward a vendor that offers this?

You might consider renting a car and driving yourself. I've rented from First City Car Rental at Ketchikan - I give them two thumbs up. The rental agent met us at the dock with our car at 7:00 AM. The whole rental process took less than five minutes and we had an almost  new car that was immaculate.  We were able to drive to Totem Bight plus on further to the end of the highway for Settlers Cove (sort of a state park) - a really nice nature area with picnic tables, waterfalls, boardwalks, etc. A car for the day was less than $100 and gives you complete freedom.  To return the car we just left it parked in the lot next to our dock with the keys locked inside - very easy. I haven't been to the lumberjack show so I can't be helpful there.  Enjoy your trip!

This isn't a combo-  simply-  do each.    I suggest considering the Lumberjack show,  where it fits-  at the end of your port day.    Then just go to Saxman or Totem Bight early in your port day.    Your transit-  can be an arranged driver/guide,   city bus,  cruise ship tour,  rental car.   

1 hour ago, SuperCrewBear said:

You might consider renting a car and driving yourself. I've rented from First City Car Rental at Ketchikan - I give them two thumbs up. The rental agent met us at the dock with our car at 7:00 AM. The whole rental process took less than five minutes and we had an almost  new car that was immaculate.  We were able to drive to Totem Bight plus on further to the end of the highway for Settlers Cove (sort of a state park) - a really nice nature area with picnic tables, waterfalls, boardwalks, etc. A car for the day was less than $100 and gives you complete freedom.  To return the car we just left it parked in the lot next to our dock with the keys locked inside - very easy. I haven't been to the lumberjack show so I can't be helpful there.  Enjoy your trip!

I've rented cars as well,   but there are a lot more places you can add as well.   🙂   

Lumberjack show is within a few minutes walking distance of the cruise ships. Do Totem Bight first thing in the morning and then do Lumberjack show on your own. A 13 year old may find it corny. IMO - it is geared towards younger kids and elderly seem to enjoy it.

Edited by Coral