Over 65?

1 minute ago, janetz said:

I have read on another site (Bloomberg)that when cruising resumes people over 65 will be separated from those 65 and under onboard?

Does anyone know? 
Thanks ahead 😊

I am 65 my GF is younger than me, separating us is not an option. I can't see this working.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, janetz said:

I have read on another site (Bloomberg)that when cruising resumes people over 65 will be separated from those 65 and under onboard?

Does anyone know? 
Thanks ahead 😊

Can you provide a link to the article?

45 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

I am 65 my GF is younger than me, separating us is not an option. I can't see this working.

Just read on another site  a lady from Ottawa, Illinois  has heard over 65s will be separated from the under 65s .  She can't wait and thinks it's a great option.   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

3 minutes ago, sean of the seas said:

Just read on another site  a lady from Ottawa, Illinois  has heard over 65s will be separated from the under 65s .  She can't wait and thinks it's a great option.   LOL

You win the internet

• Haha 1

I've read a lot of crap online.  Doesn't make it true.  Not likely. Sorry, adults get to make the decision who they are with, and how exactly could they possibly do it?   Gonna give wristbands out like they do to kids?   We're both under 65, but this is ridiculous.  65 is also such an arbitrary number.  If they really wanted to separate people for "safety", they should do it by health status since that really is the issue.

5 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I've heard 65 and older will be given Suite's at interior Cabin prices and will all stay there......(I'm 65 and hoping anyway......)

Oh yeah, I could live with that! But include the Deluxe drink package so I won't mind. AND include room service delivery of bar orders and I could stay locked up in the Suite all year.

• Like 1

And now can not find the link. Ugh

I first heard of this from friends we cruise with.

They have a Alaska cruise booked for June

and they told us that was one of the new quide lines.

They are under 65, we are not 

I will ask where he received his info 😊

3 minutes ago, janetz said:

And now can not find the link. Ugh

I first heard of this from friends we cruise with.

They have a Alaska cruise booked for June

and they told us that was one of the new quide lines.

They are under 65, we are not 

I will ask where he received his info 😊

Probably here or a board like this full of nothing but facts. 😇

M8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetz said:

Does anyone know? 
Thanks ahead 😊

It was out there somewhere.  Might have been the EU "plan", I think it talked about separating people by age to attend events and such onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re both just over 65 and love younger active people. This would be terrible. But I can understand the logic. Over 65 higher risk factors. High blood pressure and cancer survivor and compromised immune system are key factors. 
Surviving covid19 can compromise lungs heart and the mind. Trying to avoid the risk.

I forget the exact article/section, but one of the recommendations in the EU return to cruising documents was to separate seniors. It was a recommendation. As said above, I can’t see any enforcement if people wanted to be with the younger group.  

23 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

It was out there somewhere.  Might have been the EU "plan", I think it talked about separating people by age to attend events and such onboard.

The EU plan is insane, pool separation suggested distance: 4x4 feet. Good luck in that! https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/07/01/eu-cruise-requirements-covid-19-screening-face-masks/5354654002/

Edited by Motorman23

2 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

Something I read has me thinking that people traveling together and staying in the same cabin could be together regardless of age (but with which group I'm not sure).

Here's a thread on the NCL forum where the topic came up - 

26 minutes ago, Motorman23 said:

The EU plan is insane, pool separation suggested distance: 4x4 feet. Good luck in that! https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/07/01/eu-cruise-requirements-covid-19-screening-face-masks/5354654002/

Call it insane if you want, but it's probably the future of cruising for a while.  It's why we moved all our cruises 18+ months out and have other plans this winter.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sean of the seas said:

Wow, maybe she has been with the under 65 person to long & needs a break.