INT on Dawn for 3 women?

KKB

DM75, DD22 & I  are cruising both the UK & an Eastern Europe itinerary in June 2022. (since our Med cruise was cancelled this June for DD's college graduation)

17 days total.

An OV is $400 more each for the 17 days.  (so $1200 total) 17 more sq. ft. 

We are active cruisers who spend little time in our room; there are also only 2 sea days total over the 17 days.

We did find our interior on the Breakaway the most cozy room we have ever stayed in (and there were 2 of us)

We are not getting the Free at Sea--it would run us $1300 more total. DM doesn't drink much & as port intensive as it is, we didn't think we could justify the extra cost. 

DM often arises before us, gets ready & heads up for coffee & walks around. 

I realize that only we can determine if the cost is worth it.

Can anyone share personal experience with 3 adults in an interior or can compare to OV size?

(our YA kids have done INT together on other lines but they weren't QUITE as cozy)

I don't have personal experience, but for such a long cruise the extra square feet could be worth it. There is barely enough room when it is just me and my husband. We have to take turns using the floor space to stand and change our clothes. Also, there will just be more space for your things. If you are in and out in a hurry, you will need space to get around each other. The natural light in the OV is also helpful as someone can sit by the window to see in a hand held mirror while another person is at the vanity/desk.

• Like 1

Dawn interiors ought to be slightly larger than the cramped interiors on Away class. We've done 4 in an interior before. Pack super light to the extent you can for 17 days. We work around the crowded conditions by scattering shower times, etc. We are in our room from midnight to seven when we are sleeping and then again between 4 and 6 to freshen up for the evening. We use the cost savings to book a second cruise.

I wouldn't but then again, it isn't me.

The going size for Dawn interiors says 141 vs. BA at 129 sq feet so it should be bigger than what you had.

If you do an interior, I'd do one of the ones on 12 as they are newer having been added 2012 IIRC.  Also, of the interiors on Dawn that can sleep 4, only the ones on 12 have the two beds on the floor plus two on the wall vs the others which have three on the floor and one on the wall unless you prefer that.  With 3 I guess it wouldn't really matter though.

Also, the area on 12 is very quiet as it is surrounded by suites and is only a partial deck of rooms since it is in front of the pool and is also a quick walk to the buffet since it is on the same deck (if they are still using buffets by then).

The port intensive is a plus with a full room.    Being you are all family,   could also be an advantage.       You keep mentioning costs you don't want to spend and seem to have plenty of pluses in your case for this choice.  

Not sure if a bunch of strangers who have no clue who you are-  is a good source for any input with YOUR choice.      

19 hours ago, KKB said:

DM75, DD22 & I  are cruising both the UK & an Eastern Europe itinerary in June 2022. (since our Med cruise was cancelled this June for DD's college graduation)

17 days total.

We are active cruisers who spend little time in our room; there are also only 2 sea days total over the 17 days.

We did find our interior on the Breakaway the most cozy room we have ever stayed in (and there were 2 of us)

We are not getting the Free at Sea--it would run us $1300 more total. DM doesn't drink much & as port intensive as it is, we didn't think we could justify the extra cost. 

Can anyone share personal experience with 3 adults in an interior or can compare to OV size?

(our YA kids have done INT together on other lines but they weren't QUITE as cozy)

Edited by biker@sea

19 hours ago, complawyer said:

try getting a balcony instead if its not cost prohibitive. even if you dont spend a lot of time in your cabin, it's nice to go out and sit during sundowns

I love a balcony.  But it would cost EACH of us $1500+ for the 17 days!!😮

22 hours ago, dexddd said:

22 hours ago, dexddd said:

I wouldn't but then again, it isn't me.

The going size for Dawn interiors says 141 vs. BA at 129 sq feet so it should be bigger than what you had.

If you do an interior, I'd do one of the ones on 12 as they are newer having been added 2012 IIRC.  Also, of the interiors on Dawn that can sleep 4, only the ones on 12 have the two beds on the floor plus two on the wall vs the others which have three on the floor and one on the wall unless you prefer that.  With 3 I guess it wouldn't really matter though.

Also, the area on 12 is very quiet as it is surrounded by suites and is only a partial deck of rooms since it is in front of the pool and is also a quick walk to the buffet since it is on the same deck (if they are still using buffets by then).

I just went to look at this...it would run us $550 more each for these interiors.

We have sailed plenty of interiors before...if Breakaway was 129 sq. ft., I'm not surprised & not quick to book that room again...we would rather take that extra $ & spend it in ports. We are each bringing only 1 suitcase, and have all cruised many times so have our hacks to use space efficiently--and one thing we have never lacked in any cabin was storage!

Thanks for your input, it helped make our decision to stick with the INT.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:22 AM, KKB said:

17 days total.

My husband and I and a female teacher friend did  the Hawaiian Islands on Pride of America in an inside cabin.  That was just one week, so not as long, but we were fine with it.  My husband always got up earlier and brought back goodies for us to have for breakfast.  We were never in our room during the day.  Only slept there late at night as we attended everything.  Could never have done this trip without doing it this way.  Well worth it.

• Like 1

This is a prime example of when to have a NCL credit card. OP can sign up for card and 20000 points are included. You have almost 2 years to charge either the $10000 or just pay for the cruise where you get triple points. Then use the 30000 points to upgrade to a balcony from an ocean view. What great value you would get from saving $3000 to upgrade to a balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 7/9/2020 at 5:10 PM, alibubba said:

My husband and I and a female teacher friend did  the Hawaiian Islands on Pride of America in an inside cabin.

Sounds like a lot of fun for your husband 😏

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, KKB said:

I just went to look at this...it would run us $550 more each for these interiors.

We have sailed plenty of interiors before...if Breakaway was 129 sq. ft., I'm not surprised & not quick to book that room again...we would rather take that extra $ & spend it in ports. We are each bringing only 1 suitcase, and have all cruised many times so have our hacks to use space efficiently--and one thing we have never lacked in any cabin was storage!

Thanks for your input, it helped make our decision to stick with the INT.

Are you sure that isn't including packages VS sail away rates?

I did a random check and 12 was grouped with several other floors. All rates were within $20 except the sail away rate was about $250 less.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Are you sure that isn't including packages VS sail away rates?

I did a random check and 12 was grouped with several other floors. All rates were within $20 except the sail away rate was about $250 less.

That was the difference in sail away rates to rates w/ Free at Sea. 10 nts UK plus 7 nts E Europe  in 2022. 

If we dropped drinks/dining it was still $250pp on the 10 day and $400pp on the 7 day (go figure). 

On NCL site, deck 12 is lumped in the Family interior rooms...tho I had to actually click on it to know this.