Viking vs Norwegian the Haven

Pomeranian

1 hour ago, Pomeranian said:

Hi heidi, by price per day viking is about half than regent so from price point of view it can categorized as a premium market but their all inclusive marketing strategy and their interior deisgn concept it looks like a scandinavian minimalist luxury. And for me personally, i agree with you, viking looks luxury. But because i’ll travel with my parents, with viking we need to book 2 rooms so the price are similar.

I believe describing the interior design as Scandinavian Minimalist Luxury is an excellent description. For us being used to more traditional British ships, we knew it would be very different, but we actually liked the change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pomeranian said:

Hi jersey, is the food quality on the haven restaurant more superior than their mdr and buffet? And about the quality of food and service, are they on par with viking or other higher cruise brands such as regent or celebrity?

The food quality in the Haven restaurant is definitely better than the main dining rooms and buffet and at least as good if not better than the specialty restaurants and the service in Haven is outstanding. 

I have not tried Celebrity and Regent is out of my price range.  I have a Viking cruise booked but I have not sailed Viking yet so I can't compare the two products. 

Pomeranian

Agree with you that if Regent provides a better experience for you and you don’t mind sharing a suite and perhaps a bathroom.  But for me, if the price is the same, I’d rather have a second stateroom to myself and not have to share. 

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

I believe describing the interior design as Scandinavian Minimalist Luxury is an excellent description. For us being used to more traditional British ships, we knew it would be very different, but we actually liked the change.

Thanks heidi.

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Pomeranian

Agree with you that if Regent provides a better experience for you and you don’t mind sharing a suite and perhaps a bathroom.  But for me, if the price is the same, I’d rather have a second stateroom to myself and not have to share. 

Yes thats something that i think about. Beside that, viking has heated bathroom floor and anti fog mirror while regent ph suite have butler. Both have their own pros and cons. I just made another thread to compare these 2, hopefully people can share their experience about regent and viking and make a comparison 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JerseyMom said:

The food quality in the Haven restaurant is definitely better than the main dining rooms and buffet and at least as good if not better than the specialty restaurants and the service in Haven is outstanding. 

I have not tried Celebrity and Regent is out of my price range.  I have a Viking cruise booked but I have not sailed Viking yet so I can't compare the two products. 

Thanks jersey for sharing your experience. Glad to know that the heaven worth the extra cost. I read from royal caribbean post in here or another website, some people said they are happy with coastal kitchen but some others not so happy with it because sometimes they will have similar menu with their mdr or buffet, and sometimes it can be very “basic” that they felt not that worth the extra cost.