New York in December, Miami in April

48 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I see no reason why you can't do both. I thrive on optimism and I'm not wrong very often.  We plan on going on our Hawaii cruise in November and Norway coastal cruise next May from Southampton. I have no fears of traveling or cruising with all the restrictions that will be in place.

I am an eternal pessimist and I’ve been right about everything since February. Even my family had admitted that my doom and gloom predictions hit the bullseye this time.

• Like 3

My unscientific, speculative observation is that both cruises will occur, but you can expect several covid response protocols to be in place. 

1 hour ago, UKWLDCruise said:

The 14 days on return is one thing but as the UK is saying no travel outside the 57 approved places any travel/health insurance would be void for anyone going to the US.  Sitting on a soon to be cancelled October cruise myself.

Yeah, that's why I said they *could* travel to NY if they wanted. Going home, or dealing with an infection because of deciding to visit the US, those would certainly have an impact on whether or not someone *should* visit the US.

Personally, I wouldn't come to the US right now if I lived elsewhere. I currently live here and there is a travel ban on folks coming from here to visit other countries. I have no idea if that ban includes the residents of other countries trying to get home.

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

The OP doesn't say they're going to NYC, just NY.  So like everything else on CC nowadays, the responses are all based on speculation.  

I think it’s reasonable to assume he isn’t flying over to visit Schenectady 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Hello,

Let's add to that rumour mill and opinion pile.

I'm from the UK and have the following booked:

1. 4 days in New York at the end of December 2020

2. A 7 night cruise from Miami and 7 nights in Orlando in April 2021

Who thinks none of these will happen, one of them or both of them?

So today the Foreign and Commonwealth announced that British Citizens should not travel by cruise ship. This applies to both Ocean and River Cruises. We also have  a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in April so fingers crossed this restriction is lifted by then as travel insurance is invalidated for travel against FCO advice. Then of course we have to hope that the US will lift the ban on Brits entering the country by then. I’m glad we have no earlier plans. April is a long way off. 

Edited by sandancer

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no desire to go to NYC at this time either and I love going into the city.

We have been doing the week before Christmas the last 3 years and loved it. Not planning on going back this year and until we can insure it’s safe to do so. Defund the police doesn’t sit well with visitors. 

M8

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We have been doing the week before Christmas the last 3 years and loved it. Not planning on going back this year and until we can insure it’s safe to do so. Defund the police doesn’t sit well with visitors. 

M8

It is thanks to those police officers that I feel quite safe walking the streets of the city. I always try to make a point to say hi when I encounter them and I've always found them friendly back to me. This defund stuff boggles my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Good point although for most people they are one in the same. 

Whenever I tell people I'm from NY, they automatically assume the city.

And they ask if you go to Times Square to watch the ball drop on NYE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I am an eternal pessimist and I’ve been right about everything since February. Even my family had admitted that my doom and gloom predictions hit the bullseye this time.

“I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised.”

Ben Franklin

I have always been one to prepare for the worst and my wife calls me doom and gloom. However I'm always prepared and never disappointed or unpleasantly surprised. When something doesn't go as planned my wife wants to know why I am not upset? I just keep my mouth shut.   

• Like 1

When and if any cruise starts out of any given country all depends on the new and the activ cases. So far Germany was lucky- and the numbers are going down again- after a slight spark two weeks ago.

Maybe that is the reason why  cruises out of Germany can restart in late July! TUI, Aida and Hapag are offering short cruises with only seas days at a 61% capacity!

The call them " The Blue Cruises"- because it contains only seadays.

It was in all the News yesterday!

Edited by Germancruiser

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I don't think anybody from NY goes to Times Square on NYE.

It's all tourists.  That's going to be another social gathering that's canceled this year. Ryan Seacrest will probably be recording something from a studio.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Good point although for most people they are one in the same. 

Whenever I tell people I'm from NY, they automatically assume the city.

Same here back when I lived in Westchester which the people that live in NYC would call upstate (which is Northern NY to me) 

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

And they ask if you go to Times Square to watch the ball drop on NYE.

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I don't think anybody from NY goes to Times Square on NYE.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's all tourists.  That's going to be another social gathering that's canceled this year. Ryan Seacrest will probably be recording something from a studio.

They could never pay me enough to be in Time Square on New Years Eve. Some things are just better experienced from the comfort of one 's den on TV.

• Like 6