Cruise ships on the move

qbay46 check out the thread - Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020 - post 636 and you may get some answers.

A lot of ships are now moving and we wonder where their final destination is.  Maybe Manila Bay got tired of them.  I understand that the facilities there were stretched with the massive number of ships.

14 minutes ago, Ondine said:

qbay46 check out the thread - Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020 - post 636 and you may get some answers.

A lot of ships are now moving and we wonder where their final destination is.  Maybe Manila Bay got tired of them.  I understand that the facilities there were stretched with the massive number of ships.

Couple of days ago there were still 20 or 30 ships waiting in the queue to unload crew at Manila. They are going all over the place now, Singapore, Port Kelang, Malaysia etc.  I feel sorry for the crew, some of the ships have been waiting a couple of months or more to unload.

Edited by NSWP

On 7/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, NSWP said:

Couple of days ago there were still 20 or 30 ships waiting in the queue to unload crew at Manila. They are going all over the place now, Singapore, Port Kelang, Malaysia etc.  I feel sorry for the crew, some of the ships have been waiting a couple of months or more to unload.

Ditto....and to think all ships must keep a skeleton crew on board to keep them running will mean some may not get home until this is all over. 

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They may be making more pretty pictures while getting fresh water.

More like trying to unload crew due to the unacceptable delays re same at Manila. KL is decent hub to fly out of. Malaysian Airlines needs the money, they have had a rough ride the last few years.

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

A rellie in the UK posted on FB this morning that Disney Magic is docked at Dover.

Leigh

Yes, quite a few idle ships docked at Dover, Southampton and Portland, think that is off Dorset Coast, near Weymouth.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, quite a few idle ships docked at Dover, Southampton and Portland, think that is off Dorset Coast, near Weymouth.

Yes, you are correct Les, Portland is an island near Weymouth.

Leigh

58 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There is another cluster of ships off the Netherland coast .Emerald Princess is there along with a Seabourn and HAL ship .

• Like 2

22 hours ago, possum52 said:

Yes, you are correct Les, Portland is an island near Weymouth.

Leigh

Like Portland Bill.   Geography and History  were always my favourite subjects at School, Leigh. I was hopeless at Maths and Science.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Like Portland Bill.

Had to look Portland Bill up Les, it's the most southern point the Isle of Portland and of Dorset and the lighthouses there have been important for shipping.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

Just now, possum52 said:

Had to look Portland Bill up Les, it's the most southern point of Dorset and the lighthouses there have been important for shipping.

Leigh

They call it the Jurassic Coast do they not ? Well part of the Dorset coast anyway.  A lovely county is Dorset, we travelled through and around there a few times, most recently mid 2018.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Like Portland Bill.   Geography and History  were always my favourite subjects at School, Leigh. I was hopeless at Maths and Science.

I love history and geography too Les, although I did maths and science subjects at school as I wanted to be a teacher. That didn't happen but doing maths and science meant I was able to become a lab tech which I loved.

Leigh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

They call it the Jurassic Coast do they not ? Well part of the Dorset coast anyway.  A lovely county is Dorset, we travelled through and around there a few times, most recently mid 2018.

Yes the southern coast of Dorset is called the Jurassic Coast.

Leigh

• Like 1