7-9-20 Thursday Weigh-In...The 4th Weekend Did You Overeat Or Not?

Belle

On the July 4th weekend did you eat a ton

Or were you very good and you won

Guess the scale will tell

If you did or didn't do well

So get on the scale whether you want to or not today

Bathroom, nightgown off...then weigh

Hope the numbers are good for you to see..down

If they go up don't...frown

New week is starting today for our healthy eating and losing weight

We know what we have to do for next seven days..get it straight

S...Smile:classic_smile:

E...Eat Less

V...Vent If Have To.. ( Yell or Cry get it out..try not to have Stress, I know hard in 2020)

E...Exercise

N...Now You Will Feel Better

D...Don't Over Eat

A...Always Try Not To Eat Till Your Stuffed

Y...Yes You Can Do It

S...Smile:classic_smile:

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

Good morning! Love the poem Belle but yes, I think stress is a major part of 2020... It's been a crazy ride so far, can't imagine what we will see in the next couple months. 

Congrats on staying the same Diana! Better than a gain any day!!

I am not sure how but I am down .2 since my last weigh in two weeks ago. I was soooo sure that I was going to be up but I will happily take it. 🙂 Now off to hit the treadmill!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2

Thanks for the poem Belle.  Congrats all on not gaining!!! Robin losing 0.2# is amazing!!!

I have stayed the same ... 

I am rather in the dumps right now ... have a lack of motivation.  I have no desire to do anything ... I am tired of cooking, cleaning, and I'm tired of eating (you'd think I would have lost!).  The only thing that I'm not tired of is my DH & kids ... so I guess that is something positive!

Hope everyone has a good week ... I know we will all get through this.  Jan

• Like 2

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread & the words of wisdom. No July 4th overeating here & our Canada Day celebrations, at least mine, doesn't include more food.

Jan ~ this pandemic does get a person down! I want to go out for lunch & not worry. Masks have been mandated in our area for which I'm glad. A lot of tourists come here so who knows where they're from or bringing with them!

Luckily we have a few organizations offering webinars ( 2 today) so have been keeping busy with them, tv watching & a little reading.

Well, as I was hoping after last week's numbers I have gone down by 1.2 lbs! I'm still snacking but just a little & will do a bit more on the weekend probably. I do have Cheezies & a chocolate bar on hand but have resisted them so far.😉

Have a great day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

I'm up .4 from last week as to be expected from some of the extras over the weekend.  Getting back on track this week though and hoping for a loss next week.

Jan, still enjoying your family is a definite plus 🙂 

• Like 2

Robin, at least you lost something.

Jo, good loss for you.

Jan, like me, the same. Sorry you are down. I think many, many people are probably feeling like. I feel it too. 

Pac, small gain. Not bad as you enjoyed your holiday so you are doing lots right. 

Take care, Diana

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Everyone

Sounds like everyone had a good week and the 4th weekend.  Congrats.

I too stayed the same. Thought  I might have a loss but didn't but did lose last two weigh-ins.

Was hoping to keep it up but I have to have Ice cream some nights. Know I don't have to but...................

Diana...Good you did good over the 4th. Paid off no gain,

Robin...A loss is a loss. Own it! Yes stress of the unknown is what everyone is going through.

Jan...Know how you feel. Be glad you have family to be with. Glad you didn't have a gain.

Jo...Congrats on your loss. You've been good on cutting down on snacking.

Pac...You will get the very small gain off by next week. Could be water weight from the extra food.

Another weekend coming up but not exciting as they use to be. We all just stay home..well I do

Yes everyone wear masks as the numbers going up again. Most smart states tell you ..you have to wear masks

and keep your distance. and the best is to stay home. If ALL people would the numbers would go down and we could feel safer

and places would open up again.

Everyone take care and try to stay cool.   Know lots of us getting hot weather this week and weekend.

Jan - Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I hope you can try to have a good weekend with family. Luckily they are not driving you crazy!

Jo - Congratulations on your great loss! 

Belle and Diana - no gain is a win in my books!!

PACruise - I'm sure you will lose that .4 in no time. 

Have a great weekend all!

• Like 1

Good Morning to all on here and to the ones who haven't posted yet.

I know we're all are going /having a rough times with ALL the stuff going on.

But we just have to try to just plug along.  Know we will have bad days along with our good.

Just hope you keep coming in, would hate to see this site die. We're getting less people and less talking.

Makes me sad.

I'm trying to eat healthy (or less of foods I shouldn't be eating)  No gain since yesterday maybe even lost 1/2 lb.

Trying to clean out the guest bedroom today that seems to get everything thrown in there. Why? Do you have a room

like that? Trouble is finding places to put the extra stuff that I keep.

Well have a good day and try to enjoy the weekend.  Take care.

• Like 1

Belle ... we have a few rooms like that ... our two spare rooms have become "cruise rooms" ... lots of stuff in them.  This summer we are going to clean out the garage ... we've lived in this house for 30 years and the garage is completely packed .... I know that there is (somewhere inside) samsonite luggage (strawberry colored) from 1971.  We are talking about getting a temporary car-port to put everything in to decide what goes and what stays.  My DH is a total pack rat!

Not doing much today very warm for Maine (94) ... I did do some taxes ... I now only do a few ... Did them professionally for awhile and then had a VITA site for about 20 years ... now I usually only do the kids.  I did get my taxes finished today .... alas, no refund!

Went to Sam's club today ... we have a mandate about masks being required.  I counted 15 people that did not have a mask ... no one said anything ... so frustrating.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday.  Jan

Hello, everyone.   I am sorry that I've been MIA for a while.   With all the rioting and looting and protesting in the city, I've been somewhat overwhelmed.   Some things have gotten quieter now.   As I have said before, my son is a detective with the NYPD.   It is very upsetting to have all the cops tainted by what some really bad cops have done.  My son is a good cop and a good man.   He would never choke another human being to death.   So, it angers me that people are now blaming all cops for the actions of a few.   On the other side of all this, I am a white woman but I have a black teenage grandson.   It terrifies me to the depths of my soul to think of him growing up in this world with all the hatred, anger and bigotry.   

Anyway, I really felt like I needed a time out.   I have not done well with my weight, either.   I am five pounds over my final goal weight.  I need to move on and get myself back on track.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rose

• Like 1

Rose I'm so sorry, you have a double whammy. Worrying about your son and grandson.

Yes we need good cops, there are good cops like your son. The bad ones making it worse for the good ones.

We do need cops there are people out there doing terrible things and their ...black, white, Mexican  and Asian ect.

There are mostly good people of all races living together, no problems but it takes a few.........

We're all human , we have to stop this hatred people have towards all races..again..black, white, Mexican, Asian ect.

I pray for your son and grandson.  This world has to change.  Some people have to leave that are in power.

Their not doing anything to help, just making things worse. Please vent your worries anytime. Please come in just to talk you don't have to weigh till you want to. Please try to not stress to much, know you and husband had some medical

problems in the past, maybe now to, don't know. Don't want you sick again.  Take care.

Jan sorry to say I have two rooms to but only doing one now (or trying to). Mine too have cruise stuff there plus other

stuff. Hear you on the garage. About 6 or 7 years ago, got a dumpster and really cleaned the garage but you should see

it now. It's a mess.  Where does all the stuff come from?  Think I have people living in my house I don't know about.:classic_laugh:

Got my taxes done and have to pay. Bummer.

Change of plans a little now have to clean the computer room up some, daughter needs to use computer

tomorrow, hers not working, could use phone but needs printing too.  With living alone and with hot weather we're

having and not having visitors because of the virus been a little slow in keeping house in top shape, it's alright but not

at it's best.  You know what I mean.  Do you vac and dust as much as you did before?  Hope I'm not the only one

being lazy or not being motivated.  Don't think our world is going to get to even semi-normal for awhile

• Like 1

Rose, so sorry for the troubles. Glad things are somewhat calmer. 

Belle, good you're the same or slight loss.

On cleaning, I try to keep the house clean. I always get motivated by visitors (not for 4 months or the foreseeable future....) so now sometimes I let things go longer but eventually I get around to it. 

Take care everyone, Diana

• Like 1

Hi all! I have had a hectic few weeks with orders, three weddings in a row plus some other orders, and we started school back up this week too. I was up .4 this week. It's felt really good being back in a routine this week with school. I am with everyone else on the motivation. Hopefully being back to somewhat normal days will help. I don't have any more orders until the end of August, so I'll have more time to exercise anyway. I've been cleaning about the same - I try to keep that as a routine too. I'm falling behind on laundry though.

Good Afternoon All

Mel you have been busy.  3 wedding cakes and other cakes too.  Glad your business has picked up.

I forgot... you home school?

Hope everyone is having a good Sat.  Hot here.

Rose did you get lots if rain from Fay?  No problems I hope.

Belle, we did not get too much rain.   I am in the Islip area of Long Island and we got the least amount of rain.   

I, too, feel like I let my housecleaning slip some.   Yesterday, I enlisted DH to help me roll up our area rugs and move furniture so I could clean the floors.   I felt so much better when it was done.   Next day that he has free we have to do the bedrooms and his office.   Good times to look forward to.   LOL

• Like 1

Hello,

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Last night our AC decided to stop working. What? Our house is only 3 years old. We contacted a couple companies but no one is around because it's Sunday. Hopefully tomorrow we can't get it fixed.

It's currently 100 degrees here at 1:30pm. We left the system going as it's blowing air but not cold air. We have ceiling fans all over the house, big ones, so those are all going. Drinking lots of ice water. It's bearable in our house, double paned windows, highly insulated. 

Think I'll have to cool off later with a rum punch with lots of ice.

Take care, Diana

Hello this Sunday Evening.

Rose glad you didn't to much rain. Good job on getting some cleaning done. I'm still slow at it.

I would do better if had company coming.:classic_laugh: 

Diana sorry your AC is out when so hot there. Glad you have fans. Good excuse not to cook!

Hope everyone  had a good day.

Hi Belle,

The bearable became horribly unbearable around 3pm when it was 106 degrees. We were miserable. This morning we had the Delta breezes blowing, a little cool air. And hopefully we get the AC looked at today and fixed. It's "only" supposed to be 95 today. Woohoo. 

Takeout last night, too hot to cook but hubby and I share a meal so not too bad. One good thing.....when it's so hot like that I don't feel like eating.....

Diana

HI all!

Rose ~ sorry to hear what you're dealing with. One of my friends was married to a man from Guyana so her boys are black & fearful for their tall, but young teenage sons' lives. They live in MD.

We know there are mostly good cops but they usually don't make the news.

As far as cleaning I just do it when the mood hits me & usually it's before somebody visits, like today when same friend is coming for lunch & to watch Hamilton.😉 I had the spare junk room cleaned up last year when DH's son & his wife visited from CA. Felt so good to get rid of that eyesore!!

Diana ~ glad you got a bit of a breeze! Hope the a/c man comes as scheduled.

Have a good week. I have been a bad girl so who knows what the number will be on Thursday!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo, glad you are able to have a friend visit. 

The AC person is not coming until Wed. afternoon. They did say they would call if something opened up sooner. It is a diagnostic appointment so it could be more days beyond that to fix it. My sister's AC went out last week. Also in a hot area. They were without it for a week until diagnositc/fix it appts. happened. Ugh.

If I look at the glass half full at least we are still healthy......

Diana

Diana - that's awful! I hope they are able to get it fixed soon!

Rose - good for you on the floors. Isn't it amazing what can collect under a rug! I hate to even look!

Belle - yes, we homeschool. My son (3rd grade) is done for the day, but my daughter (6th grade) is really dragging her feet today. She's only half done and it's lunch time. She's usually done around 1 or 2pm, but at this rate she won't be done until 4pm. She has a homework assignment today too. At least pacing behind her while she's working on math goes to my step count. 😆

Our little garden is still putting out cherry tomatoes, and we finally got a couple okra. We picked a cucumber because it's the right size, but it's not very green. I'm hoping it will continue to ripen on the counter. The plant is just dropping flowers now; our zucchini is too. I think we just got it all started a little late. Oh well, it was a fun experiment to do the container garden, and I think we're motivated to get our raised beds put in by next year. 

I haven't been motivated to exercise like I should the last couple weeks, and we've not been great with our food choices either. I've been creeping slowly up since the end of May. I need to get back with it! 

Edited by melmar02
  • Like 1

Good news, we found a company to come this evening. I hope it's an easy fix!

Mel, we have the same, lots of cherry tomatoes. My zucchini is doing pretty good. Everything else we planted (seeds), bit the dust. We too, I think, waited too long. The heat kills everything unless it's already been established since Spring.

I'm just happy to have my tomatoes. They are so sweet I snack on them. 

Diana

• Like 1