BA flights to Europe

tommycanon

Originally I booked the BA flights HKG/LHR/BCN on June2020 for our Western Mediterranean Cruise with non-refundable tickets. Due to Coronavirus, all the cruises & European flights had been cancelled. Our cruise had been Lifted & Shifted to June2021. In the beginning, BA announced that all tickets can been refunded but they changed the policy with travel voucher or rebook within 1 year with fare difference if necessary. Then I called my TA on early of May to rebook our flights to June next year. I went into BA web site on early June and found that two new ticket fare would be 1135GBP and ticket fare on TA web site would be 995GBP only. However, I was shocked after I got call from my TA today. They told me that I need to pay extra 1100GBP fare difference for two tickets. Then I told them that I paid 840GBP for two tickets and fare difference should not be that high. I called BA by myself and they replied that I must referred to my TA because they couldn't check my ticket fare. My TA was called again and they replied that fare difference was calculated by BA. Then I asked my TA to issue tour voucher with same amount that I paid but they replied that they need to check with BA whether tour voucher can be issued or not. What's wrong with TA and BA now? They had my money for a long time but they don't want to assist customer now. What the ........... Is there anyone book the BA flight? I will go the Customer Council to make heavy complaint tomorrow. Hope I can get refund from BA later and I will not fly with BA again.

1 hour ago, tommycanon said:

Originally I booked the BA flights HKG/LHR/BCN on June2020 for our Western Mediterranean Cruise with non-refundable tickets. Due to Coronavirus, all the cruises & European flights had been cancelled. Our cruise had been Lifted & Shifted to June2021. In the beginning, BA announced that all tickets can been refunded but they changed the policy with travel voucher or rebook within 1 year with fare difference if necessary. Then I called my TA on early of May to rebook our flights to June next year. I went into BA web site on early June and found that two new ticket fare would be 1135GBP and ticket fare on TA web site would be 995GBP only. However, I was shocked after I got call from my TA today. They told me that I need to pay extra 1100GBP fare difference for two tickets. Then I told them that I paid 840GBP for two tickets and fare difference should not be that high. I called BA by myself and they replied that I must referred to my TA because they couldn't check my ticket fare. My TA was called again and they replied that fare difference was calculated by BA. Then I asked my TA to issue tour voucher with same amount that I paid but they replied that they need to check with BA whether tour voucher can be issued or not. What's wrong with TA and BA now? They had my money for a long time but they don't want to assist customer now. What the ........... Is there anyone book the BA flight? I will go the Customer Council to make heavy complaint tomorrow. Hope I can get refund from BA later and I will not fly with BA again.

Your post is somewhat confusing.  First of all, I understand the 840 was the total price for two tickets, but was the 1135 you saw the total for both tickets or is that price for each ticket?  Next, part of the problem may be that the 995 price you're seeing on the TA is some kind of consolidator ticket and the terms won't allow a voucher to be used, so you're stuck with the 1135 "published" price.  Beyond that, it's all very unclear as to how you purchased the original tickets and how you're trying to purchase new tickets now.

• Like 1

I paid 840 for two tickets on Aug2019 were going to be garbage now. I have to pay to TA extra 1100 fare difference for two tickets. However, I could get two new tickets at 1135 via BA web site or 995 via TA web site now.

20 hours ago, tommycanon said:

I paid 840 for two tickets on Aug2019 were going to be garbage now. I have to pay to TA extra 1100 fare difference for two tickets. However, I could get two new tickets at 1135 via BA web site or 995 via TA web site now.

Sounds like maybe the original tickets are consolidator tickets, and due to some restriction on them it costs an arm and a leg to change them to new tickets.

5 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Sounds like maybe the original tickets are consolidator tickets, and due to some restriction on them it costs an arm and a leg to change them to new tickets.

That would be my guess.  And as such, they would likely not be covered by special Covid accomodations, nor would they fit under the published ticket changes that the OP posted about.

But, unless the actual fare basis is known, and shared, the best one can do is guess.

Tickets are not tickets are not tickets.

Looks like those planning on a final BA 747 flight are out of luck:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/17/british-airways-retires-its-entire-fleet-of-boeing-747-jets.html

Of future interest to the travelling public is that all these retiring fleets and aircraft mean higher prices for those remaining seats as travel resumes.