Tampa Hotel Recommendations

m8zenblue

We will be departing from Port of Tampa in November, 2020, maybe.

We are looking at 2 hotels for our pre and post cruise stay.

You read lots of reviews and don't know what to make of them.

Anyway, the 2 hotels are the Hyatt Place Cruise Port/Airport Westshore and the Quality Inn & Suites Fairgrounds Ybor City.

If you read the reviews and believe them they are both very good, I have stayed at Hyatts around the world and have been impressed, don't know about Quality Inn.

Anyone have any experience with these hotels ?

21 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

We will be departing from Port of Tampa in November, 2020, maybe.

We are looking at 2 hotels for our pre and post cruise stay.

You read lots of reviews and don't know what to make of them.

Anyway, the 2 hotels are the Hyatt Place Cruise Port/Airport Westshore and the Quality Inn & Suites Fairgrounds Ybor City.

If you read the reviews and believe them they are both very good, I have stayed at Hyatts around the world and have been impressed, don't know about Quality Inn.

Anyone have any experience with these hotels ?

If it were me I would choose the Westshore area.   I have read multiple reviews from some of the locals who say the Fairground area is not a good area.

• 10 months later...

Bumping this message back to the top. I am guessing my friend from that "state up north" didn't cruise, but I'm getting hopeful that we will cruise this Sept.  We want to arrive in the early afternoon Sept 3rd, stay close to the port with a clean room and probably a pool, somewhere to eat nearby, but we will have a car.    I hope they are still doing the valet parking at the port. Or perhaps more correctly they will be doing it again.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, BillOh said:

Bumping this message back to the top. I am guessing my friend from that "state up north" didn't cruise, but I'm getting hopeful that we will cruise this Sept.  We want to arrive in the early afternoon Sept 3rd, stay close to the port with a clean room and probably a pool, somewhere to eat nearby, but we will have a car.    I hope they are still doing the valet parking at the port. Or perhaps more correctly they will be doing it again.

What terminal? I wouldn't have chosen any of those hotels. I'd be at the Tampa Marriott Water Street (JW Marriott Water Street if I wanted more upscale), Hyatt House Downtown, Hyatt Place Downtown and Hilton Tampa Downtown, for starters.

Look at hotels in the Rocky Point area, near TPA.  Many hotels there offer both airport and port shuttles, or parking packages if needed. Nice area on the bay with several good nearby dining options. We stayed at Chase Suites a few years ago and were happy 😎

• Like 1

I originally booked Sailport Waterfront Suites for our Nov. cruise on the Constellation, as reviews were very good.  But started getting bad reviews, so cancelled the reservation and booked Marriott Water Street.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, Von & John said:

Good Morning

Any reviews/updates on the Tampa hotels people have stayed at recently/since the pandemic?

@BillOh @LadyBerard or anyone else w/ info to share?

We are headed down in March 2022...

Cheers  --  Von & John

My cruise on Brilliance was supposed to be the first in its return to cruising. It didn't happen, got my fingers crossed for the next one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Von & John said:

Good Luck @BillOh

This will be our first cruise since Celebrity cancelled our 03/15/20 cruise less than 24 hours prior to embarkation...

Wow, one one hand, thanks for the reminder, we may give Celebrity a try next year. On a related note, our friends were on tarmac at Port Columbus being de-iced 2 weeks ago when they got a text saying their Serenade cruise was canceled. Ended up driving to Port Canaveral and getting on Mariner.

• Like 1

Cruising from Tampa in March 2022. I want to book a hotel for the night before and the night after the cruise. We will NOT be renting a car. Finding a shuttle from the airport to the hotel has been easy, but would also like to find one with a shuttle to the pier. Searching the travel sites (Hotels, Priceline, etc) is not really easy to find that. Can anyone recommend such a hotel, or is it better to book through the cruise line (NCL in this case)?

6 hours ago, meyermtacmj said:

Cruising from Tampa in March 2022. I want to book a hotel for the night before and the night after the cruise. We will NOT be renting a car. Finding a shuttle from the airport to the hotel has been easy, but would also like to find one with a shuttle to the pier. Searching the travel sites (Hotels, Priceline, etc) is not really easy to find that. Can anyone recommend such a hotel, or is it better to book through the cruise line (NCL in this case)?

Pre-virus Chase Suites and a few other hotels in the Rocky Point area offered both airport and port shuttles - check them out!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Cruising from Tampa December'22 and have booked the Quality Inn Airport-Cruise Port.

This hotel has a free pick up shuttle from the Airport and a shuttle to cruise port for a small fee.

Anybody stayed in this hotel? If so, how were the services and amenities etc.

20 minutes ago, Waihekean said:

booked the Quality Inn Airport-Cruise Port. Anybody stayed in this hotel?

I have not and would not. I don't general book Quality Inns because I find them lacking in "quality". This one seems no exception. It gets very mediocre reviews on TripAdvisor, Google and Yelp. It also isn't especially close to the cruise port or in an especially attractive neighborhood. I'd be more inclined to book a place like the Hampton Inn Tampa Downtown Channel District, which is about the same price tier as the Quality Inn.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I have not and would not. I don't general book Quality Inns because I find them lacking in "quality". This one seems no exception. It gets very mediocre reviews on TripAdvisor, Google and Yelp. It also isn't especially close to the cruise port or in an especially attractive neighborhood. I'd be more inclined to book a place like the Hampton Inn Tampa Downtown Channel District, which is about the same price tier as the Quality Inn.

Absolutely agree

• Like 1

In March stayed at Hampton Inn Airport/Rocky Point and free shuttle to and from airport and very close to airport, they have a shuttle to and from cruise port for $12 and was very efficient.  One of the best things is Bahama Breeze is 5 minute walk and has nice view of water, plus you can go to their website and make a reservation and this is important because this is a popular place but enjoyed it very much.  Victoria and Krystal at front desk at Hampton Inn are friendly and very helpful.  I enjoyed my stay.

• Like 1