The first cruises start again

Germancruiser

2 hours ago, margo2011 said:

Hi can just say I had a cruise with TIU in October and it was the worst cruise I have ever had ...

Judging by the fact that you are from Liverpool I would assume that you weren´t cruising with ther German TUI Cruises "Mein Schiff". That, however, is the one we are talking about here.

Although one can read about good and bad experiences about any cruise line (incl. Celebrity), it´s fair to say that the former British TUI and TUI Cruises Germany are like apples and oranges. I would never compare the old British TUI with Celebrity. The Mein Schiff fleet is pretty comparable though - ignoring the "all German" differences/peculiarities.

5 hours ago, villauk said:

I may be wrong, but I think you may be looking at two different products. I would hazard a guess that you are referring to TUI - the old U.K. Thomson brand cruises now called Marella - and the above poster is referring to Mein Schiff (German part of the TUI group) and a completely different experience. Personally, I’ve always felt that the U.K. Thomson/Marella (TUI) fleet is not in the same classification as X etc. and their prices reflect this.

Thank you I totally agree,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Judging by the fact that you are from Liverpool I would assume that you weren´t cruising with ther German TUI Cruises "Mein Schiff". That, however, is the one we are talking about here.

Although one can read about good and bad experiences about any cruise line (incl. Celebrity), it´s fair to say that the former British TUI and TUI Cruises Germany are like apples and oranges. I would never compare the old British TUI with Celebrity. The Mein Schiff fleet is pretty comparable though - ignoring the "all German" differences/peculiarities.

Sorry that was my mistake I thought you meant the U.K. brand ,I have been wanting to get that cruise out of my system for a while .

• Haha 1

After looking at pictures and deckplans I must say- Tui Cruises can not be more " GERMAN" then they are. The names of the bars, restaurants and such - are all named after more or less famous places or streets in German city´s!

According to the pictures MS2 is very similar to the Edge Class or the Quantum Class of RCCL ( without the all the gagdets, like a rock climbing wall and those bells and whistles) !

The German papers called Mein Schiff2 the Designer Ship- oh well I could see that , when looking at all the pictures. Do I like it- well that remains to be seen.