Riviera Penthouse Suite

Floridastorm

Would appreciate knowing if anything special is provided for this cabin beside the extra space. Seems like the layout of the Oceanview, Veranda, and Penthouse cabins are about the same with the difference being space. Just curious as it will assist in which one we choose.

My Best,

Dave

For us, the extra space, and the walk-in closet (as opposed to the closet in lower cabins that you nearly can't access one side of it because of door and bedside table placement) , and the ability to have specialty restaurant menu for in-room dining.

from the website:

Penthouse Suite Privileges

In addition to Suite & Stateroom Amenities

• Free laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Priority Noon ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to the Aquamar Spa Terrace
  • iPad® upon request
  • Bulgari gift set++ and a variety of amenities
  • Customized entertainment system
  • Cashmere lap blankets
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

+Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted 3 days prior to disembarkation.
++Certain limitations apply

BUTLER SERVICES

Exclusively in Suites

• Course-by-course in-suite dining+
  • Order in from any of our specialty restaurants+
  • Coordination of shore-side dinner and entertainment reservations
  • Last-minute luggage collection
  • Packing and unpacking upon request
  • Complimentary garment pressing+
  • Gourmet evening canapés
  • Special services upon request

+Certain limitations apply

28 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

And the ability to order from the Specialties... divine.

+1

After a long day ashore in a hot climate, true luxury is taking a nice steamy shower in the knowledge that  Room Service will have a delicious cool salad and/or an appetizer,  waiting on a perfectly set table when we emerge, refreshed.

We may try to  make it into the restaurant later,  but dessert in a robe often  wins the day.-

Heaven

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Would appreciate knowing if anything special is provided for this cabin beside the extra space. Seems like the layout of the Oceanview, Veranda, and Penthouse cabins are about the same with the difference being space. Just curious as it will assist in which one we choose.

My Best,

Dave

You left out the most important part - what ship?

PH on R class ships are very different from PHs on O class ships.

That said, all PH are nicer than regular cabins but not all PHs are created equal.

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I think the clue is in the title of the thread  😉

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say - Never mind 😀

Then all of the above info applies.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Haha 5

I think the Bulgari gift set is a new addition to the perks for PH. It has been part of the upper suites perks but not PH in the past. 

Keep in mind that in the future we don't know if the Executive Lounge will really be of any benefit if they remove snacks, drinks, newspapers, etc. The concierges there from most reports haven't been of much use anyway in the past. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

For us, the extra space, and the walk-in closet (as opposed to the closet in lower cabins that you nearly can't access one side of it because of door and bedside table placement) , and the ability to have specialty restaurant menu for in-room dining.

from the website:

Penthouse Suite Privileges

In addition to Suite & Stateroom Amenities

• Free laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Priority Noon ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to the Aquamar Spa Terrace
  • iPad® upon request
  • Bulgari gift set++ and a variety of amenities
  • Customized entertainment system
  • Cashmere lap blankets
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

+Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted 3 days prior to disembarkation.
++Certain limitations apply

BUTLER SERVICES

Exclusively in Suites

• Course-by-course in-suite dining+
  • Order in from any of our specialty restaurants+
  • Coordination of shore-side dinner and entertainment reservations
  • Last-minute luggage collection
  • Packing and unpacking upon request
  • Complimentary garment pressing+
  • Gourmet evening canapés
  • Special services upon request

+Certain limitations apply

Excellent. Exactly what I was looking for. Somehow I missed all of this on the Oceana website. Thought it was strange that the suites were not that much different than the other cabins. That is surely a full compliment of extras provided.

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I think the Bulgari gift set is a new addition to the perks for PH. It has been part of the upper suites perks but not PH in the past. 

Keep in mind that in the future we don't know if the Executive Lounge will really be of any benefit if they remove snacks, drinks, newspapers, etc. The concierges there from most reports haven't been of much use anyway in the past. 

I am hoping that if and when we travel things will pretty well be back to normal. If it isn't then we will not go.

4 hours ago, StanandJim said:

+1

After a long day ashore in a hot climate, true luxury is taking a nice steamy shower in the knowledge that  Room Service will have a delicious cool salad and/or an appetizer,  waiting on a perfectly set table when we emerge, refreshed.

We may try to  make it into the restaurant later,  but dessert in a robe often  wins the day.-

Heaven

Unfortunately my wife always wants to go to the dining room or restaurants. She doesn't like to be restricted to a room service menu although possibly the menu for the suites may be a full menu. I myself enjoy eating in the room or on the veranda from time to time. Oh well.

🙃

10 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Unfortunately my wife always wants to go to the dining room or restaurants. She doesn't like to be restricted to a room service menu although possibly the menu for the suites may be a full menu. I myself enjoy eating in the room or on the veranda from time to time. Oh well.

🙃

You will be amazed at the dining on Riviera whether in your stateroom or in the restaurants.

13 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

🙃

If you're in a PH and up you can order from any of the specialty restaurants every night if you want to. You can also order from Room Service or the Grand Dining Room. 

41 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

🙃

Did you miss the menus for the Specialties??

You are not limited to the GDR menu or Room service menu

48 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I am hoping that if and when we travel things will pretty well be back to normal. If it isn't then we will not go.

I suspect  any of the self service options will be gone for the foreseeable future   not that Oceania have that many self serve  places anyway

Pre covid it was  Barristas & the Concierge/Executive lounges/Horizons (continental breakfast)

When reading the benefits of PH on a O ship I would skip over the walk-in closet - who really cares. Now after enjoying the cabin  - I do! It is like a small separate change room surrounded by ones clothes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

When reading the benefits of PH on a O ship I would skip over the walk-in closet - who really cares. Now after enjoying the cabin  - I do! It is like a small separate change room surrounded by ones clothes.

I was just thinking about you today!  Greetings to you and Mrs. Yohoho. 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Regarding late luggage collection upon the end of the cruise, does Oceania allow for one to keep their luggage and do self assist on debarkation day or is it mandatory to put one's luggage out in the corridor?

As long as you can manage your bags  you can keep them until you have to vacate the cabin usually about 8 am  unless in a top suite    & I think you can get them a bit later

someone will correct me if  wrong

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Regarding late luggage collection upon the end of the cruise, does Oceania allow for one to keep their luggage and do self assist on debarkation day or is it mandatory to put one's luggage out in the corridor?

Curious why you would want to?

7 hours ago, ORV said:

If you're in a PH and up you can order from any of the specialty restaurants every night if you want to. You can also order from Room Service or the Grand Dining Room. 

Seems as though the PH experience is truly a first class one. I think a lot of women enjoy the ambiance of dining in a nice restaurant. My wife is no exception. We guys could care less. At least most of us.  However, if she can order from any restaurant on board and have it in the cabin then at least a couple of the time we can do it that way. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Seems as though the PH experience is truly a first class one. I think a lot of women enjoy the ambiance of dining in a nice restaurant. My wife is no exception. We guys could care less. At least most of us.  However, if she can order from any restaurant on board and have it in the cabin then at least a couple of the time we can do it that way. 🙄

This comes in handy when you want but cannot get extra reservations in your specialty restaurant beyond your minimum.

For us it is Jacques and sometimes we do that.

Also, on a long day of touring, you may just want to clean up and relax and dine en-suite in your robe.

Sometimes when I know they will be serving one of our favorite desserts at afternoon tea but we will be off the ship, we'll ask the butler to get some for us for later.