Riviera Penthouse Suite

Floridastorm

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

I know I've read some comments from industry professionals stating that room service may actually be encouraged by cruise lines in the near-term, to assist with social distancing.  

Hardly worth going  then 

with limited ports  & having to eat in your cabin

not worth the $$ for me

YMMV

• Like 2

The real problem is that you have to book quite a bit in advance in order to select a good choice of a cabin. Then you do not know what the cruise is going to bring. Full Covid body armor or back to normal. If the terms are not what you were expecting then you have to go through the refund hassle. Everything in the cruise industry is up in the air all depending on what the CDC at the Health and Human Services Department decides. The cruise industry and all passengers are at the mercy of these government people. 🤔

10 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

The real problem is that you have to book quite a bit in advance in order to select a good choice of a cabin. Then you do not know what the cruise is going to bring. Full Covid body armor or back to normal. If the terms are not what you were expecting then you have to go through the refund hassle. Everything in the cruise industry is up in the air all depending on what the CDC at the Health and Human Services Department decides. The cruise industry and all passengers are at the mercy of these government people. 🤔

This is why my point of view is that we will wait until cruise lines are back up and running and we get reports of what the product is before we book any more cruises. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Floridastorm said:

Do folks dress up for dinner on Oceana ships? I thought that Resort Casual meant a nice collared shirt and trousers for men. just curious.😕

Most do not dress for dinner.  Casual means just that, just no shorts.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Floridastorm said:

Do folks dress up for dinner on Oceana ships? I thought that Resort Casual meant a nice collared shirt and trousers for men. just curious.😕

Spouse packed a jacket on our first Oceania cruise way back in 2008; he never has packed one since then.  He always wears a long-sleeve dress shirt (and trousers!) to dinner in any venue (other than the buffet at night in the Terrace Cafe.).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Spouse packed a jacket on our first Oceania cruise way back in 2008; he never has packed one since then.  He always wears a long-sleeve dress shirt (and trousers!) to dinner in any venue (other than the buffet at night in the Terrace Cafe.).

Sounds like my type of guy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ORV said:

This is why my point of view is that we will wait until cruise lines are back up and running and we get reports of what the product is before we book any more cruises. 

From everything that has been reported it may be a long, long time before cruising as we know it returns. And only if the cruise industry survives and are still in business. There are no cures for viruses and no vaccines that I know of for SARS and MERS type diseases and I believe the scientists have tried developing them. So, we may be resolved to driving everywhere from now on. .

3 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I saw a photo on their site where a guy was wearing a blazer. I asked and was told "those were models.' So he didn't take it and didn't need it.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:40 AM, Kate-AHF said:

If you are at all a "foodie" then an evening at La Reserve is something to consider.  These meals remain some of the best we have had, on or off a ship.  They are not included in the cruise fare, and the prices can be an "ouch", and int he case of the Dom Perignon evening, an "OW!  Ow ow!".  But if you look at it as an opportunity to have a meal at a one-star on land, it becomes much more enticing.

I belive these evenings can be booked as soon as shore-x is available to be booked.  And they sell out quickly.  

La Reserve also offers, occasionally, over the course of the cruise, wine-tastings or (even better) wine and tapas.  They still charge you for the wine by the glass, but the offerings are different than in the bars, and the service and ambiance is superior.  If you purchase the Prestige Beverage Package, then nearly all the wines poured at wine tastings are included.  The tapas, of course, if included regardless.

The three menus:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/20310/La-Reserve-Odyssey-Menu.pdf

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604440389/La-Cuisine-Bourgeoise-Menu.pdf

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604527623/la-reserve-dom-perignon-experience-dinner.pdf

Article from Forbes about La Reserve: https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2019/01/16/a-new-tasting-experience-at-sea-unlike-any-other/#3579a7fb3328

Is this available on all ships or just the O class? 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

This isn’t the Covid thread. It’s titled “ Riveria Penthouse Suite”.

Please don’t trash every thread with Covid! We have an exclusive thread for that!

Things are different today. Covid dominates everything we say and do these days.  At home, on vacation and if we might cruise again, so I think it belongs everywhere.  Just the way it is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJB said:

Things are different today. Covid dominates everything we say and do these days.  At home, on vacation and if we might cruise again, so I think it belongs everywhere.  Just the way it is. 

I suppose it’s a personal thing. I can discuss, at length, delicious food, great wines, beautiful women, and even ship Penthouse Suites without Covid coming to mind and dominating my thoughts or conversations on the Subject. 

Just the way it is!

• Like 4

I think I'll just preface absolutely everything I say on this board from now on.... "Things may be different going forward but...."

Though I doubt that will stop anyone from saying "Yes, but you don't KNOW there will be Kleenex (hand soap/TP/shampoo - you get the idea)  in the cabins anymore because of COVID."

To the OP, all I can add is that if we had not been in a penthouse suite for our 3 Riviera cruises we would not have enjoyed them nearly as much as being in a lower suite and possibly would only have done 1, not 3. Thoroughly enjoyed every extra benefit listed earlier, from what we felt was entirely necessary ( the extra space, the specialty dining privileges and butler) right down the list. Overall it felt very luxurious with the added benefits and on board we were able to feel we were never  "missing out" on any little luxury or added excitement that would have made our cruise any less than we could have possibly wanted or expected for the cost.

To Georgia_Peaches, yes you can definitely retain your luggage if you want to, but you do have to be able to disembark with it with no assistance from staff. I completely understand why you would ask the question and, if I did not always overpack,  I'd do same every time! 🙂 and 😞 

1 hour ago, auldlassie said:

To the OP, all I can add is that if we had not been in a penthouse suite for our 3 Riviera cruises we would not have enjoyed them nearly as much as being in a lower suite and possibly would only have done 1, not 3.

I think that is your personal choice/preference

Many people are quite happy in the lower cabin categories ..does it make our cruise any less enjoyable  ..not for us

Everyone has to choose what works best for them & their  wants/needs

Some people will only sail if they have a butler

some only in a top suite

some only if they have  a balcony

if it makes them happy fine 

JMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I suppose it’s a personal thing. I can discuss, at length, delicious food, great wines, beautiful women, and even ship Penthouse Suites without Covid coming to mind and dominating my thoughts or conversations on the Subject. 

Just the way it is!

I agree with you that we can discuss all these things but with cruises in mind Covid will be the number one thing that will let us or not cruise again.  Makes me sad that we had to cancel 2 cruises and can not re book because we do not know when things will open up again and under what conditions we will have to cruise. It is the elephant in the room.   Just the way it i.  Most important STAY SAFE.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:56 PM, pinotlover said:

This isn’t the Covid thread. It’s titled “ Riveria Penthouse Suite”.

Please don’t trash every thread with Covid! We have an exclusive thread for that!

Many people seem to think that they will not cruise again until there is a cure or vaccine. Simply stated facts that there is no cure and won't be a vaccine soon. I myself could care less about this Covid-19. Just another Flu type virus. Worked and lived in many third world countries during my career where there was every disease known to man and some not known. Never was ill. I was ready to cruise during the entire panic. However, I will not cruise if I have to prepare for battle like an ICU nurse.