Favorite entertainers on ncl ships.

linbobky

lets have a little fun. who is your favorite entertainers on the ncl ships?

I have 3 who i think is very good.  the first is Jim Badger. He is a very good piano player and very funny guy. The second is Jamari. Very good guitar player and aslo a very good singer.

the third is the Rock-away duo. they are very good with about every kind of music.

All from the Breakaway:

The Piano Bar trio on one of my trips was Rachel Solomon, Tom McGovern and Steve Watt.  The chemistry was perfect and fun.  In 5 trips no piano bar trio has come close.

Most pool bands. These are often hired individually and come together for the cruises so the ones I've seen had names only for the weeks of their cruises.  But they were all great.

Also every cast of Rock of Ages, who were friendly and approachable when seen around the ship.

And finally, they grew on me. Classic lounge act Arvin and Emily, who seemed to be performing so often I always joked they must be audio animatronic.

Edited by PelicanBill

We loved the Beatles Revolution on the Joy. Their performances in the Cavern Club were one of the highlights of the cruise. They packed so many people in, you'd think they were the real Beatles.

The band called Siglo on the Bliss was/is pretty good.  They covered a WIDE range of music genres and seemed to be playing everywhere with performances on the pool deck, in the Atrium and in the Cavern Club.

• Like 2

Piano player and singer Ariel is a favorite. Fire and Ice always catch my attention when they are in the Atrium. My husband and I also like to rock out with the bands like Siglo. I can't remember the name of the band, but we were amazed that we had a great rock music night time pool party one nigh,t and the next day at the Latitudes party they were playing mellow music like the song Yellow Bird. Very versatile.

• Like 1

Julie Valeriote was the CD on a couple of my cruise (-Away ships).  She was excellent both times.  Very entertaining, very talented, untiring (she seemed to be everywhere all the time...even welcoming passengers back on board from excursions while walking on stilts)..  I don't know where she is now, or if she's still with NCL.  But, she was the BEST CD I've had on any ship, on any cruise line.

Agree about Blue Man Group on the Epic.  Also thoroughly enjoyed "MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET".

The whole lot of 'em.  From the bands who alternate between Big Band to Country to 70s style, etc ... -- and the dancers and chorus ensembles who do the same.  And some of them are doing the pool side music too. 

I've only seen one performer I didn't think was up to par - too lazy to find my dailies for the name.  Played in the Escape's District Brew House.  

Oh, and, I may have had a crush on the whole ensemble of Choir of Man.

30 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

I agree. We caught them for every show all week. 

Would book our yearly Boston-Bermuda cruise based on whether Patti and Jose were on board ! When NCL moved the Dawn to New York and the Gem to Boston, they stayed with the Dawn. Boston's loss, New York's gain! Have also seen them at the Palace Theater in Manchester, NH. Happy sailing, eh!!

I miss Leo the guitarist and lounge singer from the Gem; I'd heard from another poster that he was no longer on the Gem.

Agree with Arvin & Emily from Breakaway.  Great chemistry!

And last but certainly not least we miss Patti & Jose also!  We last saw them on Spirit & Dawn years ago but haven't been on either ship lately.  Glad to hear from others that they're still on Dawn or PoA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomk3212 said:

I miss Leo the guitarist and lounge singer from the Gem; I'd heard from another poster that he was no longer on the Gem.

Agree with Arvin & Emily from Breakaway.  Great chemistry!

And last but certainly not least we miss Patti & Jose also!  We last saw them on Spirit & Dawn years ago but haven't been on either ship lately.  Glad to hear from others that they're still on Dawn or PoA.

Leo on the Gem also gets our vote.

• Like 1

If we're going to go beyond the performers and mention CD's and such, I have a few more.

The main activities staff on the Bliss when I was on in October 2019 was GREAT.  Una, Rod (who was there for both of my Bliss cruises), Teffi (Estefania) and a couple others were interactive, fun and energetic.  The CD in October, Jake, was also great, rivaling Silas Cook who was the CD on my first trip on the Bliss in April 2019 before moving to the Encore to launch that ship (which says to me that he's one of their top CD's).  I watched the sail-away party in October from the upper level and knew it was going to be a fun cruise when I saw how they were all interacting with each other and the passengers right from the start.