Favorite entertainers on ncl ships.

linbobky

The band siglo is great, I adored blue man group when it was on epic, and any ship with howl at the moon.  We were privileged twice to go to howl at moon on last night of cruise when some of the main stage entertainers decided to entertain.  Oh plus cruise director Tyler on Escape was so fun

DH and I really enjoy the entertainment on NCL, but two favorites stand out.  I'm going back in time for the first one, but the Bart Walker Band that played in Fat Cats on the Epic was an awesome blues/rock band.  We saw every show that week.  We were on a B2B and were very disappointed that he wasn't on for the second week, as his contract ended.  The last night of his performance, other musicians from around the ship joined in for a couple of last songs. 

In January, which seems like an eternity now, we absolutely loved the house band at Syd Norman's Pour House on the Breakaway.  They had a fantastic guitar player and the singers were great.  They really put on a great show every time they performed.   

4 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Years ago CD Dan Olsson and his team used to perform "Fountains" at the end of the cruise. To this day it is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

Thank you for posting that. What an awesome thing to see. Hysterical!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Years ago CD Dan Olsson and his team used to perform "Fountains" at the end of the cruise. To this day it is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

I'll second that.  First time I saw it, I had no idea what was about to happen.   I laughed until I had tears.  Saw it several more times on other ships.   Unfortunately, some folks started saying how nasty, spitting water on each other.  That just didn't bother me!   Of course now, we'll never again see it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

I'll second that.  First time I saw it, I had no idea what was about to happen.   I laughed until I had tears.  Saw it several more times on other ships.   Unfortunately, some folks started saying how nasty, spitting water on each other.  That just didn't bother me!   Of course now, we'll never again see it.  

Yea, it'll be hard to do that act when they are wearing a mask.  🙂

20 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

I miss Leo the guitarist and lounge singer from the Gem; I'd heard from another poster that he was no longer on the Gem.

Us too. We missed him by a week last year on the Breakaway. 

58 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I enjoy music a lot on cruise ships but when something different is there it can be special.  Can't recall the ship but there were three violinists playing electric funky looking violins that would play sets in the atrium and they were awesome.

Carnival has the violinists on their ships. They are always good. We have seen them on several carnival  ships, but never on ncl.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, delaware32 said:

Patti and Jose . We've seen them many times on the Dawn and the POA .  Enjoy their atrium and theater shows every time.

Another vote for Jose and Patti. We enjoyed their shows on our B2B Canada & New England cruise on the Dawn.

• Like 2

On the Gem Canada cruise we saw a trio with the lead singer Cynthia MC something.  She played the fiddle and sang Irish folksongs.  Another singer did Beach boys and other great classics.  We would follow them around the ship to every venue they played.  They were magical.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

First saw this on the Gem in 2008 with Mike the Cruise director leading 

• Like 1

No one has mentioned an amazing guitarist musician called Louis Garamaldi on EPIC from South America

An international musician and lovely man and a genius with the guitar none better - hope to listen to him once again next year

On 7/10/2020 at 6:31 AM, delaware32 said:

Patti and Jose . We've seen them many times on the Dawn and the POA .  Enjoy their atrium and theater shows every time.

They do a great Neil Diamond act

Edited by mpk
  • Like 2