New Carnival (AIDA) Cruises in August

tring

Looks like these cruises now on sale.  They are for 3 or 4 nights, sailing from Hamburg, Warnemunde or Keil and appear to just potter round at sea for that time.  I found an agent advertising them in English:- 

https://www.logitravel.co.uk/cruisesshowcase/searcher/?codZona=&codSalida=8_2020&codNaviera=54&codDuracion=&codPuerto=

I assume the later cruises on this list with ports are ones which were previously arranged, so very likely will not sail.  Interesting to see if the August ones actually get out of port, but as Germany seems to have low COVID numbers maybe they will and could supply interesting feedback.  As they are for 4 nights max and the incubation period of the virus is now thought to be about 5 days, symptoms will not be showing if anyone is infected on the ships until after disembarkation. 

Edited by tring

39 minutes ago, tring said:

Looks like these cruises now on sale.  They are for 3 or 4 nights, sailing from Hamburg, Warnemunde or Keil and appear to just potter round at sea for that time.  I found an agent advertising them in English:- 

https://www.logitravel.co.uk/cruisesshowcase/searcher/?codZona=&codSalida=8_2020&codNaviera=54&codDuracion=&codPuerto=

I assume the later cruises on this list with ports are ones which were previously arranged, so very likely will not sail.  Interesting to see if the August ones actually get out of port, but as Germany seems to have low COVID numbers maybe they will and could supply interesting feedback.  As they are for 4 nights max and the incubation period of the virus is now thought to be about 5 days, symptoms will not be showing if anyone is infected on the ships until after disembarkation. 

Hurtigruten have already done a cruise from Germany recently. Norway and the fjords with no ports of call. 14 nights iirc. it must have gone well if Aida are following suit

Avril

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tring said:

Tring, I posted one of the links yesterday on the EU Health Gateways thread, and it was discussed there. Why not add your comments to the debate there as well ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Tring, I posted one of the links yesterday on the EU Health Gateways thread, and it was discussed there. Why not add your comments to the debate there as well ?

Sorry, I had been looking at that thread, must have missed it, unless comment was pulled as another cruise line, which is why I included Carnival in the title.  The Carnival meeting is about to take place (3pm our time I think), so will be checking other threads for any updates on that, but may go out now as the rainy season seems to have abated.