Diamond Club Theory when we return

8 hours ago, Wine-O said:

No, but here in Myrtle Beach, you can at SAMS Club.  🍷

Costco's Kirkland-branded beer, wine and liquor, as well as name brands, can be purchased by non-members, but only in states that legally require the warehouse club to do so. Local laws in some states prevent Costco (or any other membership-based club) from only selling alcohol to members.Feb 7, 2019

Too bad for you.

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Costco's Kirkland-branded beer, wine and liquor, as well as name brands, can be purchased by non-members, but only in states that legally require the warehouse club to do so. Local laws in some states prevent Costco (or any other membership-based club) from only selling alcohol to members.Feb 7, 2019

Too bad for you.

I can't speak to local liquor laws, but in SC, you have to be a member to purchase any liquor.  Not the same for Sam's, for whatever reason.  🍷

8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I can't speak to local liquor laws, but in SC, you have to be a member to purchase any liquor.  Not the same for Sam's, for whatever reason.  🍷

So you have personally asked about this policy at Costco ?...A lot of people are surprised and just assume they can't...regardless I'm sure you're happy with your purchases at Sam's Club.

Cheers to you !

30 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I don't know but I'm no member of Lexington Beverage Outlet in Lexington.  Our Costco  near Harbison Blvd in Irmo/Columbia only has wine and no alcohol like Vodka etc.  The liquor outlet part was closed last year because of political BS according to what the employees tell me..

Edited by torpeedo

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So you have personally asked about this policy at Costco ?...A lot of people are surprised and just assume they can't...regardless I'm sure you're happy with your purchases at Sam's Club.

Cheers to you !

I don't buy any liquor at Sam's Club.  I inquired when I was there and was told you don't have to be a member.  As for Costco, I've always been asked for my card when I purchased anything there.  

Now, if a non-member can purchase at Costco, I'm not sure, and never asked.  🍷

6 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I don't know but I'm no member of Lexington Beverage Outlet in Lexington.  Our Costco  near Harbison Blvd in Irmo/Columbia only has wine and no alcohol like Vodka etc.  The liquor outlet part was closed last year because of political BS according to what the employees tell me..

Our Costco liquor store is separate from the regular Costco, just right next door.  Costco only sells wine, but you go next door for your liquor.   You must have some local BS regulations.  🍷

11 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

You must have some local BS regulations.

Be glad  ya'll don't live in MS.  The only place anything alcoholic can be purchased (besides beer and wine coolers) is the liquor store.  And our state is the one that controls what is purchased and how much.

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I highly doubt that three C&A Diamond drinks, made from some very cheap liquor,  is the determining factor as to whether or not RCI makes money off of those said cruisers.

I agree with the three vouchers.  This is not good enough for some who apparently sit in the DL/CL from start to close and for those who now expect more than 3 vouchers an evening.

We just get the drink package so we can drink what we what when we want and especially where we want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Bringing this back on topic......the thread has been all about liquor and drinks. What about hors d'ouevres? I don't see them offering them when cruising starts again unless they are possibly passed by a server

Thank you... and excellent point.

It's not just about the drinks.  The hors d'ouevres are something to look forward to... the pigs in a blanket, fried shrimp and samosas are some favorites.

Drinks

Food

Fellowship

The CL and now D Lounges are where we have met so many of our cruising buddies that we still share with on Facebook. We have no desire to sit at a bar.   It will indeed be sad if any or all of these fall by the wayside!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Sorry, but hasn't this thread been totally hijacked by those talking about buying liquor at Costco or Sam's Club?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Come on man... we are on the tenth page of yet another diamond lounge thread. Is it really so bad if people take a few posts to offer helpful tips on how to buy booze cheap. 

Now we just need some advice on how to sneak it on the ship. Hmmm, no, that’s not booze, it’s my giant bottle of hand Sanitizer. 🙂 I’m kidding.       

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I highly doubt that three C&A Diamond drinks, made from some very cheap liquor,  is the determining factor as to whether or not RCI makes money off of those said cruisers.

Some of us aren’t drink snobs so we don’t really consider Jack Daniels or Johnny Walker very cheap liquor. 

Sorry, but hasn't this thread been totally hijacked by those talking about buying liquor at Costco or Sam's Club?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Don’t worry. Our regularly scheduled political arguments will return shortly after a quick word from our warehouse club sponsors.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Some of us aren’t drink snobs so we don’t really consider Jack Daniels or Johnny Walker very cheap liquor. 

What I drink is made from very cheap liquor. And I am no snob.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Come on man... we are on the tenth page of yet another diamond lounge thread. Is it really so bad if people take a few posts to offer helpful tips on how to buy booze cheap. 

Now we just need some advice on how to sneak it on the ship. Hmmm, no, that’s not booze, it’s my giant bottle of hand Sanitizer. 🙂 I’m kidding.       

652FBDBC-92AC-4866-8089-4D51AF8F5FDA.jpeg.40582ec0b6c96c471e71a20d79eac2a7.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Thanks...Just an FYI I was offering up for those that it might benefit...Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

My opinion.  Drinks cost RC a very minimal amount based on their buying power according to my sister in the restaurant business.  The free drinks are a big draw for many people and one of the reasons cruisers stay with RC after reaching a certain loyalty level. If Royal begins to take away a significant amount of the benefits that people have achieved there will be a greater incentive to try others lines.

I personally feel that Royal would be foolish to make any changes to their loyalty program at this time.  Why stir the pot when all the company should be concentrating on is getting cruisers back on their ships?  Katherine

I absolutely agree.

Princess food and service are much better.

P&O entertainment better.

NCL restaurant choice much better.

We don't use the flow rider or slides on RC but the overall C&A benefits are far superior than their competitors loyalty programs.

Free drinks are a massive incentive and TBH it is only a handful of people who abuse this in the DL.

Unlike the DL where a fresh glass of wine is brought to you,in the 

CL your glass is constantly topped up by roaming waiters and much more free wine is consumed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It didn't take long for these same old discussions to start up and the first ship with passengers has not even left the dock yet.🙄

I cannot understand why customers complain about a company supplying them a product/service giving them too many perks/benefits and wanting them stopped or reduced.

More perks/benefits Yes,yes,yes.

Less or no perks???.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 8:58 AM, compman9 said:

4. Stocked mini fridge in cabins

I highly doubt there will be a stocked mini fridge.

Every hygiene concept for Hotels and ships I´ve seen so far included the point about empty mini-bars in the rooms. 

It is rather easy to clean and disinfect an empty fridge, but if you put items in there they need to disinfect every single item that goes in there before putting it in there and again upon every change of guests. That´s just too much effort and cost prohibitive. 

Things might change until RCI re-starts their operation, but those ships and hotels that have opened up again have an empty fridge policy. (This is the ones I´ve checked out, or in regards to Hotels - I´ve stayed at since Pandemic).

7 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

I highly doubt there will be a stocked mini fridge.

Every hygiene concept for Hotels and ships I´ve seen so far included the point about empty mini-bars in the rooms. 

It is rather easy to clean and disinfect an empty fridge, but if you put items in there they need to disinfect every single item that goes in there before putting it in there and again upon every change of guests. That´s just too much effort and cost prohibitive. 

Things might change until RCI re-starts their operation, but those ships and hotels that have opened up again have an empty fridge policy. (This is the ones I´ve checked out, or in regards to Hotels - I´ve stayed at since Pandemic).

That's a good point, although I should say the cruise industry has said they will now be using this spray on all surfaces - It would presumably mean it would take 20 seconds to sort the fridge contents out

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

Also a rumour that no more kettles or tea bags in the cabin on UJ cruises because who knows how many grubby fingers could have handled the sachets before you! 

It is very easy for passengers like us to Dettol wipe individual satchets just like we always wipe door handles,TV remotes etc.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1