Diamond Club Theory when we return

Reduced capacity during the restart phase will equate to reduced pressure on bars.  Fewer guests on board means fewer guest lining up at bars.  

Having sailed during Hurricane modified cruises at 50% capacity there were very few lines at any bar.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

3 drinks, 5 drinks, unlimited drinks??  What is ever enough?

Royal has a LOT of profit in alcohol. If they don’t get it from alcohol, they’ll find another way to get it. 

Just how many drinks and one pound down during the HH??  Would you go to the Diamond Club if they didn’t serve alcohol?

M8

Gimmie Gimmie Gimme

• Thanks 1

No doubt, in order to be able to sail again, there will have to be many changes made.  
Sadly there will be passengers onboard who will fight these changes every step of the way.  

I just feel very sorry for the crew who will have to try and implement these new regulations. They are going to be under intense scrutiny from their supervisors to follow the rules while getting berated by demanding passengers.

We know it’s going to happen because we all have seen people like this on our previous cruises....😢😢

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your comments/opinion. However, lets analyze your comments:

1. 5 is silly, 3 is plenty. RCI is not an all inclusive line 

Why is 5 silly? I am saying 5 drinks per day for the entire day, not a specific time period.

Why is 3 plenty? Maybe you only drink 3 drinks. Others may drink more than 3 or even 5 during an entire day. On Princess if you have the unlimited drink package, they limit you to 15 drinks per day.

Thanks for letting us know that RCI is not an inclusive line. I don't believe that was ever considered as such.

2. It's supposed to be an evening event, so all day is a huge shift

We are talking about current conditions with the virus and trying to reduce people in a location such as the DL, DL+ or SL.

Since it is an evening event, changes are made and changes will be made. Remember when the Repeaters party was only at night. Many cruise lines now changed it to a daytime event. I guess you can call that 'a huge shift.'

3. Selected drinks at the bar will just put pressure on staff to expand the choices to make individuals happy, that may be happening now, who knows

The drinks on the menu are not anything fancy. In fact, when they are served in the DL, etc., there is normally one or two people bar tending. How can that make or expand the choices to make individuals happy. Like you said 'who knows.'

4. The OP was trying to reduce crowding at the existing bars

If you are offering drinks all day that will reduce the crowding at the existing bars. People would not have a 3 hour window to order a drink. Think about the DL overflow into the other bars such as the they are doing now. 

You have many comments. However, we are looking for suggestions/recommendations, not repeating the so called problems of some suggestions. Opinions are free, even out of the DL. LOL

Well said!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Adding more “free” drinks during happy hour will likely never happen. If more drinks are wanted and makes a big difference on your cruise, just buy one.   

M8

Easy for you to say.   Just curious... when you sail, how many free drinks are you entitled to?

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Well said!

Thank you!  I just try to look at both sides and provide my opinion, everyone has 'an opinion.'

However, it is human to interpret or receive it differently and some people do.

Stay Safe!

• Like 1

Is it a question of how many drinks RCI should provide as a benefit? 

Should you buy a drink package? 

Or - Diamond Club Theory when we return.

People who do not drink will have one view point as those that drink moderately wil have another. 

I don't believe we are trying to address AA.

For those who have earned the Perk and only partake may not want to buy a package. That is their privilege and option.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We'll just wait and see if there are any changes once we are onboard. We'll adjust accordingly. Whenever that may be. My Magic 8 Ball said, "cannot predict now". 🎱🍻

How true your statement is. We have seen many changes over the years. Some we liked, others we did not. We normally bend with them. 

Stay Safe!

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why not just allow 5 drinks per day on your card that can be used anytime during the day for those selected drinks. 

No need for a DL, DL+ or Suite lounge. There are plenty of locations on a ship to find a quiet place to sit and relax. Food is plentiful on the ship, too.

Comments.

Good idea plus a couple of speciality coffees too for people like us who pop into the DL/CL for a mid afternoon brew.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Princess does this one time during the beginning of the cruise. It is one bar set up per cabin, regardless of how many Elite you have in your cabin. 

We enjoyed our Elite bar set up in our cabin on Grand Princess in November from SF to Hawaii and back.

Edited by grapau27

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good idea plus a couple of speciality coffees too for people like us who pop into the DL/CL for a mid afternoon brew.

D+ usually have a specialty coffee on ships with a CL, since they got kicked out of there  

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you the moderator of this thread?  I believe @John&LaLa has good info and experience to share. 

M8

And here I thought YOU were the self-assigned moderator, complete with your judges robe!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It seems to me the HH for D and above is rather easily solved with an overflow lounge or two.  Monitor the number of people allowed in the lounge:  a 300 capacity would allow 100 at a time.  If a ship has a SL, then that works for them.  HA!  From the ones I've observed, the SL is usually socially distanced anyway; e.g. there's few people in there most nights.

Maybe multiple HH lounges.  Depends on the ship.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

D+ usually have a specialty coffee on ships with a CL, since they got kicked out of there  

Our Allure June sailing was cancelled but we were in the CL on Explorer last year.

We will find out next year when we use our FCC deposit off Allure.

Carnival has announced it is dumping 13 ships today,I wonder if Royal hasten the demise of Vision and Radiance class ships?

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

When a coffee benefit  has been added to the card, it has been ONE per day/per person.    Our  last cruise that offered a  specialty coffee  on the card, was Rhapsody, Feb, 2020.  The coffee drink was only valid at the  solarium coffee bar, Not Café Latitudes.  

M

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We enjoyed our Elite bar set up in our cabin on Grand Princess in November from SF to Hawaii and back.

Agree! loved the Elite bar setup and have done the SF to Hawaii and back cruises a few times.

Just one problem (pun intended)...with so many sea days, we tend to drink the alcohol a bit too fast.  The Elite bar setup "should be for 2" if both husband and wife are Elites...wink, wink........or add a few more of those small bottles if the cruise is longer than 7 days. The current Elite bar setup has the same number of alcohol regardless of how many days your cruise is.  We'd be happy if Royal did this...just don't forget the vouchers for specialty coffee.

• Like 1

Just read an article that Carnival says when they start back again that they won't be sailing at full capacity until AT LEAST 2022.  Depending on what capacity the lines decide on crowding might not be an issue.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

When a coffee benefit  has been added to the card, it has been ONE per day/per person.    Our  last cruise that offered a  specialty coffee  on the card, was Rhapsody, Feb, 2020.  The coffee drink was only valid at the  solarium coffee bar, Not Café Latitudes.  

M

I prefer to make my coffee as a double espresso with a cappuccino added from the DL or CL machine.

The coffee at Seattle's best next to Promenade cafe on Independence was not very nice.

I don't mind paying for a Starbucks coffee on Harmony.