Diamond Club Theory when we return

9 minutes ago, badvector said:

What they have allowed and what you are entitled to are two different things.  I have quoted policy directly from the company website.  Can you provide me a link to the policy that says I am allowed unlimited drinks during HH? 

Yep, been in the lounge. Still doesn't change the policy as it's written.  

No argument with that.  They can and when they do it is usually to reduce the benefits.  

I quoted it above.  The benefit that you are officially entitled to is 3.  Here is the link for you   Linky here

The benefit specifically states: Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event with complimentary drink vouchers

The nightly event WITH complimentary vouchers (not unlimited).  If you follow the footnote it specifically says 3.

Actually, there is.  Again it is quoted above. 

Observation does not create a policy as it applies to a benefit that can be changed at any time by the company.  What is officially in writing is the official policy that they can fall back upon.  It's as simple as saying we weren't aware at the corporate level that this was occurring and we are now going to fix it.

Apparently,  we both are addressing two separate items. 

1. DL HH drinks consumed in the DL during HH. I see no verbiage about limitation. I would agree if the staff decided that a passenger  had too much to drink,  they could stop serving that person. 

2. 3 Drinks on your Sea Pass. Yes, 3 drink limit. No question on  this.

Yes, RCI can change this and any perk at any time. 

Are we both taking about the same item? Do we agree now?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, logan25 said:

When cruises resume, I imagine  it would be a very good time with the lapse in service to complete the retirement of the term “Diamond Club”.  Royal has been moving that direction anyway.  It would simply be Pinnacle Club and Suite Lounge.  That’s my speculation.

Which would/will be sad as the CL was open to Diamonds(original Top Tier) Decades ago, an all day affair. C&A a victim of too successful of a program.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I can honestly say I have never had a drink in the DL. 

Me neither. Pretty sure it’s somebody’s job to keep riff-raff like me outta that place. Meanwhile, carry on folks. I don’t think you realize how amusing these diamond/platinums/suite threads are to us steerage class passengers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What you choose to continually quote refers to the Diamond Event that is/was?  held in a lounge on ships that do not have a diamond lounge. 

Again, it is what is listed as the benefit.  It is a nightly event (not just once) with three drink coupons provided.  What you have continually failed to quote me is a link to the benefit of unlimited drinks in the DL during HH'

56 minutes ago, badvector said:

The benefit specifically states: Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event with complimentary drink vouchers

You conveniently quote benefit #6, but totally ignore #7 which has no limitation.

44 minutes ago, Oxo said:

1. DL HH drinks consumed in the DL during HH. I see no verbiage about limitation. I would agree if the staff decided that a passenger  had too much to drink,  they could stop serving that person. 

Again, where is my right to unlimited drinks in the DL during HH in writing?  Your 3 drinks are what is currently guaranteed in writing.

2 minutes ago, badvector said:

Again, it is what is listed as the benefit.  It is a nightly event (not just once) with three drink coupons provided.  What you have continually failed to quote me is a link to the benefit of unlimited drinks in the DL during HH'

The Diamond Event is not the same as the diamond lounge.  Footnote 6 has to do with the Diamond Event, number 7 has to do with the diamond lounge.  Where does it say there are only three drinks allowed in the diamond lounge?

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You conveniently quote benefit #6, but totally ignore #7 which has no limitation.

7. Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space. 

Here you go.  Where does it say I get unlimited drinks?  It says where there is a lounge, it replaces the nightly event.  The same nightly event which is 3 drinks.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You summarized very well what many of us, including you, are trying to get across to this poster.  She isn't going to see it.  Not worth the effort, they will see once they actually go to a diamond lounge.

• Like 1

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

You summarized very well what many of us, including you, are trying to get across to this poster.  She isn't going to see it.  Not worth the effort, they will see once they actually go to a diamond lounge.

He not a she.

I have provided links to actual written policy.  Nobody here has provided me with any written policy to the contrary.  Yes, please use your grand status level over me when you have no clue how many cruises I've been on.  Post count does not equal cruise count.  It's all cool though.  

1 minute ago, badvector said:

He not a she.

I have provided links to actual written policy.  Nobody here has provided me with any written policy to the contrary.  Yes, please use your grand status level over me when you have no clue how many cruises I've been on.  Post count does not equal cruise count.  It's all cool though.  

LOL  Where exactly did I mention status?  I don't talk status on these boards.  I know how many cruises and points I have and that is all that matters.  Anyone who has been in a diamond lounge knows there is no limit on drinks and some drink like fishes for hours.

As far as post count and cruise count, that makes no sense considering the person with the most points and cruises on Royal Caribbean has less than 10k points.

Keep trying to spin it but there is no limit on drinks in the diamond lounge.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

LOL  Where exactly did I mention status?  I don't talk status on these boards.  I know how many cruises and points I have and that is all that matters.  Anyone who has been in a diamond lounge knows there is no limit on drinks and some drink like fishes for hours.

As far as post count and cruise count, that makes no sense considering the person with the most points and cruises on Royal Caribbean has less than 10k points.

This is so true.  Some just won't give up no matter how many  tell them otherwise.

And as far as "earning"  lol.  Every status is bought and paid for.

Edited by BND

I can honestly say I have never had a drink in the DL. I have poked my head in on occasion to take a peak. 

M8

You haven’t lived until you’ve savored a delicious concoction made with one of their finest bottles of New Amsterdam vodka. Nothing gets those heartburn juices flowing like a drink made with good old New Amsterdam vodka.

The ambiance is further enhanced by listening to other cruisers brag about how many cruises they have been on or have booked.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

You know, when some (not necessarily you) tend to stray away, it’s always good to reel them back to realization, of the facts, regarding C&A perks. 

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/

M8

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, badvector said:

He not a she.

Well tell all of us how many cruises you have been on. What does number of cruise have to do with understanding the written word? You must have a legal background. LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You know, when some (not necessarily you) tend to stray away, it’s always good to reel them back to realization, of the facts, regarding C&A perks. 

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/

M8

...and have changed them in past. More then once

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

You haven’t lived until you’ve savored a delicious concoction made with one of their finest bottles of New Amsterdam vodka. Nothing gets those heartburn juices flowing like a drink made with good old New Amsterdam vodka.

The ambiance is further enhanced by listening to other cruisers brag about how many cruises they have been on or have booked.

Don't get him started on NA! 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Who's spinning.  You're the one insinuating that I haven't been in the Diamond lounge.  Diamond lounge does require you to be at minimum Diamond level STATUS.  So yes, you are referencing status when it comes to you having knowledge of what occurs in the DL and that maybe someday I'll find out.

Just because someone doesn't have a high post count doesn't mean they haven't cruised as much.

You still haven't given me the link to the policy that guarantees me unlimited drinks.  That's because it doesn't exist.