Diamond Club Theory when we return

9 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Well tell all of us how many cruises you have been on. What does number of cruise have to do with understanding the written word? You must have a legal background. LOL

I never said there was a correlation between number of cruises and understanding written word.  In fact it appears there is no correlation at all from what I'm reading. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Don't see that happening, ever.  

I think they'll simply follow Majesty and Empress - no nightly Diamond event, 3 drinks on your account.   

The DL will be available and as empty as it is all day long when it's happy hour, minus any bar service.  Maybe they'll remove or block 2/3 of the DL seats to encourage social distancing. 

Or, maybe they'll simply lock the DL doors and stick with 3 drinks only.

Though Diamond Event was started on Ships before there was a Diamond Lounge, was on Majesty in the 90's. We used Crown Lounge 20+ yrs ago and also had use of Concierge 24/7. Voyager was first ship I was on that had Diamond Lounge area from day one. Back then Diamond Member's were first on and off ship, Wedding Party was the exception. Back then 8-10 of us Diamond/Top Tier Members on the most popular sailings/newest Ships

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

NA - Non alcoholic? I'm old, don't know the abv?

I was referring to New Amsterdam Vodka that is served in the lounges.  M8 gets extremely agitated when the topic comes up.  Was trying to keep M8 from taking an unplanned vacation. 😄 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, badvector said:

Again, where is my right to unlimited drinks in the DL during HH in writing?  Your 3 drinks are what is currently guaranteed in writing.

While it might not be in writing, it is a well known custom and understood by all those that use the DL, that once you are in the DL during HH, drinks are not limited unless you are falling down drunk.  I have seen people be cut off once a certain level of inebriation becomes apparent.  Otherwise, there is no drink police in the DL.   I was last on Empress which does have a limit since there is no DL.   On Empress, you get the 3 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card.  They had a Diamond Event the first night with unlimited drinks but that was it.  I believe there is one other ship that doesn't have a DL and has a similar set-up as the Empress. 

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was referring to New Amsterdam Vodka that is served in the lounges.  M8 gets extremely agitated when the topic comes up.  Was trying to keep M8 from taking an unplanned vacation. 😄 

I don’t recall getting one for that cheap stinky NA Vodka. It’s just not good enough. It’s the Diamond list Vodka. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BND said:

This is so true.  Some just won't give up no matter how many  tell them otherwise.

You can keep telling me all you want.  Just because it happens now doesn't mean that is written policy.  My point is you are currently guaranteed 3 coupons on your card to be used during nightly HH.  Why would C&A give you 5 when the written policy is 3?  It would be easier for them to just say you only get 3 and we are closing the DL.  You are asking a company that has taken on a tremendous amount of debt to stay alive to add benefits because you're deserving of 5 free drinks instead of 3.  I know what goes on in the DL but what makes people think that they are entitled to more than what is currently a written benefit?

29 minutes ago, badvector said:

Yes, please use your grand status level over me when you have no clue how many cruises have been on.  . 

You wrote this? Your right, we have no clue how many cruises you have been on. We really don't care either.

Why do they state 3 specificly. But not limited?

It all depends on the number of cruises you have been on before they provide secret details to ensure those who are unable to hold their drink don't drink too much.

Your right, were left, in the dark. Lights off, nite nite. Sleep tight.

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

While it might not be in writing, it is a well known custom and understood by all those that use the DL, that once you are in the DL during HH, drinks are not limited unless you are falling down drunk.  I have seen people be cut off once a certain level of inebriation becomes apparent.  Otherwise, there is no drink police in the DL.   I was last on Empress which does have a limit since there is no DL.   On Empress, you get the 3 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card.  They had a Diamond Event the first night with unlimited drinks but that was it.  I believe there is one other ship that doesn't have a DL and has a similar set-up as the Empress. 

I absolutely understand that.  My point is it is not currently a formal benefit and to ask for more benefits because you are taking away something that isn't documented doesn't make sense to me. 

46 minutes ago, badvector said:

7. Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space. 

Here you go.  Where does it say I get unlimited drinks?  It says where there is a lounge, it replaces the nightly event.  The same nightly event which is 3 drinks.

Where does it say you don't? You're mixing 2 different things. 

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You wrote this? Your right, we have no clue how many cruises you have been on. We really don't care either.

Why do they state 3 specificly. But not limited?

It all depends on the number of cruises you have been on before they provide secret details to ensure those who are unable to hold their drink don't drink too much.

Your right, were left, in the dark. Lights off, nite nite. Sleep tight.

What?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, badvector said:

I absolutely understand that.  My point is it is not currently a formal benefit and to ask for more benefits because you are taking away something that isn't documented doesn't make sense to me. 

Actually if they close the DL and get rid of all the unlimited drinks, at 5 drinks a day on the Sea Pass card, Royal would save a ton of $$. 

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Actually if they close the DL and get rid of all the unlimited drinks, at 5 drinks a day on the Sea Pass card, Royal would save a ton of $$. 

I agree but why would they give you 5 when they are currently only required to provide 3 per the benefits list?  

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Required?  Hum. Read the terms and conditions. 

You are correct.  I kind of cringed when I wrote that but didn't have a Thesaurus handy to find the word I was looking for.  Not required but what is currently listed as a benefit. My bad on the wording.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badvector said:

I agree but why would they give you 5 when they are currently only required to provide 3 per the benefits list?  

First they are not "required" to provide anything, secondly, it would create goodwill with their loyalty clients while also saving $$.  A win-win situation. 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

😱

Those of you who drink,  do you mix you drink with water, soda or ?

If you do, doesn't it change the entire flavor,  taste or quality? 

I drink mainly cheap wine,  5 liter box. LOL

No beer!

38 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They would save more if they limited to the current 3 or did away with it all together. 

M8

Do you really think this is a good time for RCI to annoy the people that actually book cruises?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you really think this is a good time for RCI to annoy the people that actually book cruises?

Adding more drinks?  Don’t think they are going to add more drinks. Comment was made they would save money by giving 5 or more drinks. And they would save even more not offering free drinks. Do I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the 3 drinks on SeaPass, nope I don’t think so. Nor do I think they will give 5 drinks daily. 

My comments assume half or less capacity. 

M8