Diamond Club Theory when we return

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Those of you who drink,  do you mix you drink with water, soda or ?

If you do, doesn't it change the entire flavor,  taste or quality? 

I drink mainly cheap wine,  5 liter box. LOL

No beer!

I have had them make a Cosmo on the rocks with it.  I am not a big drinker and not very picky.  I do not like the no name irish cream they now have on the list, Baileys is much better.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have had them make a Cosmo on the rocks with it.  I am not a big drinker and not very picky.  I do not like the no name irish cream they now have on the list, Baileys is much better.

Have you tried Costco Kirkland's Irish Creme 1.75 liter for $24. Excellent. Better than Baileys and cheaper with more quantity. Try it, if you don't like it send it to me. I will put a check in the mail. 

Stay Safe! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree, the no-name irish cream is terrible. Leaves an aftertaste.  Bailey's is excellent, but haven't tried the Kirkland brand.  I'll have to check it out.  Their vodka is excellent.  🍷

4 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I agree, the no-name irish cream is terrible. Leaves an aftertaste.  Bailey's is excellent, but haven't tried the Kirkland brand.  I'll have to check it out.  Their vodka is excellent.  🍷

All Kirkland products are top notch. Manufactured by original suppliers.  Consumer Reports highly rate this brand. 

Enjoy! 

20 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Have you tried Costco Kirkland's Irish Creme 1.75 liter for $24. Excellent. Better than Baileys and cheaper with more quantity. Try it, if you don't like it send it to me. I will put a check in the mail. 

Stay Safe! 

8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We are BJs members but I think I know someone who is a Costco member, so will have to try things out.  Thanks for the recommendations.

1 hour ago, badvector said:

It's a list of benefits.  If it's not listed as such it isn't a benefit.

For years RCI wrote that Voyager class ships had covered solariums. Just because RCI writes something, or not, does not make it so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

All Kirkland products are top notch. Manufactured by original suppliers.  Consumer Reports highly rate this brand. 

Enjoy! 

Their $20 liter and a half of vodka is equivalent to Grey Goose, and their $13 is equivalent to Absolut.  Wifey drinks vodka with cranberry, so the cheap one works for her.  I like a dry martini, so $20 one works for me.    LOL.  🍷

28 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe the DL perk will be 3 bottles of hand sanitizer.   Seapass will have 3 masks loaded on it. 

Good one!  And Pinnacles will receive an official Royal Caribbean Face Shield!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

First they are not "required" to provide anything, secondly, it would create goodwill with their loyalty clients while also saving $$.  A win-win situation. 

Yeah, already said I used the wrong word there, my bad.  I appreciate that argument and agree to a point.  Wasn't the addition of the 3 drinks to the seapass a sign of goodwill because the DL was overcrowded?  Where did that get them?  They now give unlimited drinks at the DL and allow the 3 drinks elsewhere.  Personally, I do not see them increasing it and believe they will just close the lounge if necessary and leave it at 3.  

Let's say they close the lounge and increase to 5.  You'll still have some folks screaming that they took away unlimited drinks during HH and will never sail again with RC.  Once they can reopen the lounge, they reduce the drinks to 3 but allow unlimited in the DL.  Now another group screams that they lost 2 drinks and they can't get into the DL because it's too crowded and will never sail with RC.  Or they could just say, we have to close the DL due to health requirements and you can use the 3 drinks loaded onto your seapass during HH, please understand these are trying times operationally and financially and we will resume normal operations as soon as feasible.  You'll have people screaming that they are losing benefits and will never sail RC again.  Now as a member of the team responsible for the success/failure of your company, which makes the most sense from a fiscal perspective?  Where do you lose the most customers at if at all.  Many people sailing that are Diamond and above have committed to RC.  You're going to have to start over with another cruise line.  Yes I know that there are those with ratings at many different lines but those are the minority in the big picture. 

My whole point is regardless of what they previously offered, the only thing in writing was the 3 drinks.  They can say it was never our intent for drinks to be unlimited and are enforcing the policy of 3 drinks during happy hour much easier than we are taking away the benefit of all drinks.  And yes, I understand it's completely within their rights to add/remove benefits at any time.

It wasn't too long ago that you could get a can of coke at the bar during HH and they wouldn't open it.  Next cruise, they insisted they had to open the coke because they didn't want you drinking it later.  This was a 50 cent can of coke.  We're talking about unlimited drinks here.  It may have changed back since then but haven't had the chance to get back on a ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are BJs members but I think I know someone who is a Costco member, so will have to try things out.  Thanks for the recommendations.

FYI...You can go in to buy liquor at Costco without being a member.

• Thanks 2

Hello, OP here

I started this thread to debate potential early outcomes for maintaining social distancing vis a vis new policies relating to social and age group bubbles

Unfortunately it appears to have turned into a debate about wording nuance of policies and how many drinks you can have till you are deemed a bad person

I think this a list of potential outcomes:

1. No change

2. Time slots in the lounge relating to dinner slots (so, no 3 hours) to reduce numbers

3. ? drinks and ? coffee on card (no lounge)

4. Stocked mini fridge in cabins

5. Larger lounge somewhere else on ship so people can spread out

It's an interesting debate, and any other ideas are welcome, or you can just bang on about what you deserve or don't deserve for your loyalty etc. 🤨

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Complain too much and the DL might become the Pinnacle Lounge. 

M8

I posted humour not complaining.

In the UK and Europe the PL would be  nearly empty.

For the foreseeable future with Covid19 cruising is not an option or of any interest to us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Their $20 liter and a half of vodka is equivalent to Grey Goose,...

The US Federal government regulates allowed sizes of containers of liquor, all being in metric sizes. 1.5 liters  is not an allowed container, but 1.75 liters is. Someone has apparently been sipping out a quarter liter of vodka from your bottles 😳

in related news I know people who take pride in their ignorance and claim that the metric system is WAY to difficult for them to learn at their age, but have no answer as to how they somehow manage to buy liquor in metric units. 

5 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

If Royal doesn't make money off those said cruisers, yes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I highly doubt that three C&A Diamond drinks, made from some very cheap liquor,  is the determining factor as to whether or not RCI makes money off of those said cruisers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, compman9 said:

Hello, OP here

I started this thread to debate potential early outcomes for maintaining social distancing vis a vis new policies relating to social and age group bubbles

Unfortunately it appears to have turned into a debate about wording nuance of policies and how many drinks you can have till you are deemed a bad person

I think this a list of potential outcomes:

1. No change

2. Time slots in the lounge relating to dinner slots (so, no 3 hours) to reduce numbers

3. ? drinks and ? coffee on card (no lounge)

4. Stocked mini fridge in cabins

5. Larger lounge somewhere else on ship so people can spread out

It's an interesting debate, and any other ideas are welcome, or you can just bang on about what you deserve or don't deserve for your loyalty etc. 🤨

It’s almost always been about drinks during HH and coffee in the AM. Take those away a the DL will be mostly empty. 

M8