The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

My first skim is in tune with your thoughts.  I figured it would be an aspirational cookbook, as it also has to showcase Crystal's chefs and cooks (couldn't very well start with "Step one, open a can of tuna.")

No....it should be "open 100 cans of tuna".

🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

Lots of pictures here, but I have not "played" this game for a while.Where were these photos taken? 🙂

The first one is at the marina in Cabo San Lucas.

The third one is the Byodo-In Temple on Oahu.

The others, ???  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

The first one is at the marina in Cabo San Lucas.

The third one is the Byodo-In Temple on Oahu.

The others, ???  🙂

1.Correct!---1 I loved that  shark ,so  I had to get a picture of it LOL

2. Temple name right, wrong state and or country <--I don't want to give the location away it 🙂🙂

Edited by wearesiamese

Just now, BWIVince said:

It's the one in Kyoto, isn't it?  The one on Oahu has a bit different setting and landscaping:

28527640607_84b7c5bb47_z.jpg

Vince

Well done, more specifically though, Uji, south of Kyoto city, but in Kyoto prefecture.  It is also on the Japanese 100 yen coin 🙂

2 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Well done, more specifically though, Uji, south of Kyoto city, but in Kyoto prefecture.  It is also on the Japanese 100 yen coin 🙂

Apologies for the prefecture rounding.  🙂  The only random reason I knew that one was because I've been to both, though I haven't visited Uji since I was 7 years old.  I still remember though!

Vince

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Apologies for the prefecture rounding.  🙂  The only random reason I knew that one was because I've been to both, though I haven't visited Uji since I was 7 years old.  I still remember though!

Vince

I love Uji ,and as a Matcha lover, have been there a number of times and stayed there,   It is my Mecca so to speak now everytime I go to Japan now, since my first trip to Japan in the Fall of 2016.My new  Matcha  business is called aptly enough, Uji Kyoto Matcha..though I have some from Shizuoka as well.. My point just being I am a stickler just because I know it is a trains ride from Kyoto station and far enough  away  that I  no longer consider it part of Kyoto proper  . And if we want to get even more picky ,much of the famous "Uji " Matcha, is actually grown in Wazuka, south of Uji and north of Nara  🙂 It's all good   though you still got it  LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

Lots of pictures here, but I have not "played" this game for a while.Where were these photos taken? 🙂

The Kapaleeshwara Temple in Chennai in the top picture and the futuristic looking water transport in the lower one is Tokyo??

12 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

2019-04-09 11.42.46.jpg

2019-04-30 17.11.59.jpg

• Like 1

Well done Jayayeff! 

And yes, Stickman, that is the famous Tokyo Spaceboat, as it is affectionately called  by many of us  who follow John Daub on his you tube channel .I rode on it with a fellow follower of the Only in Japan  channel on You Tube, and it was cool. Quite a rainy day though as you can see in the picture. But I was in Japan so who cares ? LOL We boarded in Asakusa ended  in Odaiba, where the famous fish market is held now.

https://www.gotokyo.org/shuun/en/course/051.html

The remaining picture of the river , is in my favorite place to stay now whe nin th eKyoto area, an that is in Arashiyama, a bit west of Kyoto proper..

Edited by wearesiamese

44 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Wearesiamese is the last one in  your sequence Cooktown on the Indian Pacific train route in Australia? 

You had me confused - it's not Cooktown (thats in North Queensland) - you mean Cook on the Nullarbor

My recollection of Cook is that it's a lot more deserted than the photos shows - I think Roy's probably got it with Alice Springs (but I'm not 100% on that)

47 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

You had me confused - it's not Cooktown (thats in North Queensland) - you mean Cook on the Nullarbor

My recollection of Cook is that it's a lot more deserted than the photos shows - I think Roy's probably got it with Alice Springs (but I'm not 100% on that)

You are right-it is Cook, Australia , o

554680_481108378605493_461426484_n.jpg?_

. I took the train straight across Australia to Perth, where I met up with some old friends    of my parents  🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes,  I meant Cook. It's a long time since I did that train trip. 

It's the signpost that made me think it was Cook.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1