The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise will double as a where am I.  I have been there on HAL and Crystal has been there but not me aboard.  It  was August 23 but for now I won't say what year:

dawn0823.JPG.8697eb8645e71e2a45817d8ccd3

Roy

I am going to zoom in on that license plate  to check that and  which side of the car the steering wheel is on(one way street could be either ) LOL

Flag looks like Canada?

Edited by wearesiamese
n/m

8 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Cobh, County Cork, on the south coast of Ireland

Yes, it is!  Has interesting maritime histories (e.g. military, trade, emigration, Titanic).

Cork day trips tend to visit Blarney Castle and/or Midleton distillery.

• Like 1

A few days ago I posted a sunrise in Saint John, NB.  This is from the same trip.  After Saint John I traveled by train to Montreal and dropped in on my cousin about 20 miles to the south.  This sunrise was taken from his farm, the family homestead since the 1850's.

dawn0826.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BWIVince said:

That’s one of my favorite places, Roy!  The developer’s old office building was one of my favorite headquarters-type campus.  It’s funny to think of it as a supermarket now.

Vince

The space between Whole Foods and the lakefront entry is now being developed by the county as a mini kids playground.

Today's sunrise is from the same trip as the photo from my cousin's farm.  The train from Montreal arrives in New York too late to effectively allow a reliable connection to Baltimore and rather than spend the night in New York I got off a couple hours earlier in Poughkeepsie.  This sunrise is from Poughkeepsie:

dawn0428.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise photo comes from the first of my round trip transatlantic sailings, 2012.  I sailed Queen Mary 2 New York to Southampton, transferred to Dover, and returned to New York on the Symphony.  This was August 28 from Queen Mary 2:

dawn29.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

15 hours ago, seakitteh said:

Quebec City

Saint John, NB.  And the name is ALWAYS spelled out to avoid confusion with St. Johns,   Newfoundland.  People who have been careless about the difference have ended up at the wrong airport.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1