The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

57 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Yay Patty!  You're in luck, tonight there are cashews in the containers -- and I'm in luck (besides your company), the hot hors d'oeuvres are pigs in a blanket.  🐷 😋

49539837218_47a55ede91_z.jpg

Vince

Oh man! I always manage to miss the pigs in blankets. And those potato thingies with crème fraîche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Would love to join you both for 007’s, cashews and piggies,  but it’s not 5:00 yet in my neck of the woods.

Some of us are just laggards, I guess! 

Brian, when I lived in SF my coworkers shamed me into not wearing a watch.  I think it was mainly to stop my frustration with Muni, but it would also solve this daily happy hour disparity.  😉  OTOH, does the 5:00 rule even apply on weekends?! 

(It is it actually a weekend, right?  My days are seriously running together.)

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Brian, when I lived in SF my coworkers shamed me into not wearing a watch.  I think it was mainly to stop my frustration with Muni, but it would also solve this daily happy hour disparity.  😉  OTOH, does the 5:00 rule even apply on weekends?! 

Vince

Vince, as far as I know, it IS Saturday! Of course, Monica and I being mostly-retired, every day is Friday after lunch!!🙃

Somewhere on the ship the sun is ALWAYS over the yardarm!! You may be face down in the bilge, but the sun will be over the yardarm!! I had a very simple philosophy, way back when, when it came to drinking. I only drank on days that ended in "y"!! 😁

Larry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

OTOH, does the 5:00 rule even apply on weekends?! 

In the year 2020, any/all rules are tossed out the window! 

The only way I can differentiate weekdays from weekends is CNBC runs prison shows instead of strategists forecasting market ups, downs, sideways, backwards and somersaults! 😱

And on that note, I see it’s now 5:15 here in California. And we all know what that means..... 🍸

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

In the year 2020, any/all rules are tossed out the window! 

The only way I can differentiate weekdays from weekends is CNBC runs prison shows instead of strategists forecasting market ups, downs, sideways, backwards and somersaults! 😱

And on that note, I see it’s now 5:15 here in California. And we all know what that means..... 🍸

As one of my late uncles used to say, come 5:00 PM at the cottage, while banging on a pot with a wooden spoon, .............

PARTY TIME!!!!!!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any interest in playing "Name that location", from a past Crystal cruise? Many of you have been all around the world and I think it would be fun to see if people could guess/recognize where pictures were taken?

• Like 1

I've retrieved the food processor from the basement.  Look out world.

In somewhat related news,  "King Arthur Flour" has rebranded as "King Arthur Baking Company."  I am at the point in the stay at home protocol where I find this rather exciting.   

Edited by KenzSailing
poor grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

Does anyone have any interest in playing "Name that location", from a past Crystal cruise? Many of you have been all around the world and I think it would be fun to see if people could guess/recognize where pictures were taken?

Keith has been doing this on Facebook for going on eleven weeks now!! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

You can blame me for that. I tagged him to play 10 travel photos in 10 days and he's an over achiever.

At almost 80 days now I'd say that was an understatement!!!!! 😀😀

Anne..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'm thinking the first one is the New Zealand fjords.

Roy

Actually the first one is Symphony  in  Moorea, during  the December 2012 Symphony TP crossing.I got off in Papeete and missed Bora Bora as it was on the next segment 😞

19 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Actually the first one is Symphony  in  Moorea, during  the December 2012 Symphony TP crossing.I got off in Papeete and missed Bora Bora as it was on the next segment 😞

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I tend to be terrible at that but don't do facebook?

Roy

Proven.  I'm terrible at this.

Roy