Royal buys remaining Silversea stock?

spinnaker2

14 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Royal and Celebrity match standings up to Elite/Diamond.  Azamara recognizes Celebrity Captains Club status.  EM

Then that could be an issue with Silversea but then again passengers who typically sail with Royal or Celebrity are not necessarily going to switch to Silversea because of perks like free laundry and 5%-10% fare reductions.   Those benefits probably not offset the fare differences.   

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Then that could be an issue with Silversea but then again passengers who typically sail with Royal or Celebrity are not necessarily going to switch to Silversea because of perks like free laundry and 5%-10% fare reductions.   Those benefits probably not offset the fare differences.   

Agree but having recently enjoyed a free cruise perk with Silversea related to days cruised with them it will be interesting to see whether this perk continues for loyal SS cruisers.Hope so otherwise a dignified retirement from cruising may be the only option as certainly do no fancy sailing with RC.

23 minutes ago, brimary said:

Agree but having recently enjoyed a free cruise perk with Silversea related to days cruised with them it will be interesting to see whether this perk continues for loyal SS cruisers.Hope so otherwise a dignified retirement from cruising may be the only option as certainly do no fancy sailing with RC.

Certainly would hope they don’t do anything radical.   We did cruise extensively on another line before we discovered Silversea eight plus years ago and had advanced status on that line.  The line is well known for its supposed industry leading  returning passenger percentage and many of those also had the same or even higher status than we did.   It got to the point that so many passengers had the supposed benefits of special check-in lines, priority boarding, priority tendering, etc., etc., that the benefits became almost meaningless.   

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Certainly would hope they don’t do anything radical.   We did cruise extensively on another line before we discovered Silversea eight plus years ago and had advanced status on that line.  The line is well known for its supposed industry leading  returning passenger percentage and many of those also had the same or even higher status than we did.   It got to the point that so many passengers had the supposed benefits of special check-in lines, priority boarding, priority tendering, etc., etc., that the benefits became almost meaningless.   

The other benefits you mention were enjoyed by many loyal SS cruisers plus the five free cruises we have enjoyed relating to days cruised were certainly not meaningless to us and were very much appreciated.

18 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Edited by brimary
Duplicated previous post in error.Please delete post.

3 hours ago, brimary said:

Enjoyed every minute of every day with Silversea.Hope things continue under RC control but have extreme doubts they will.Time will tell !!

So you think RC will change the SS experience? I respectfully disagree.  I think they know the SS demographic and what is offered.

It is in their best interest (in my opinion) to continue to offer the SS experience that is what return guests

have become accustomed to..........I have also enjoyed all my SS sailings and hope to sail with them again in 2021😀

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, DCCruiser57 said:

Sorry, I was referring to the loyalty benefits, but my recollection of shareholder benefits is that for the most part they could not be combined with other OBC.   

When we first sailed with Azamara in 2009, the shareholder benefit could be combined with other OBC.  Then it changed.  Now it's back to the way it was originally.  $250 on a 14 night cruise isn't a lot, but it's better than not having it.

I had to chuckle when I read the news that royal Caribbean now own all silversea....

Since 2005  after achieving my goal to sail on luxury cruise lines I now find after our very first cruise 30 years ago were back where we started....

IMG_20200713_085338.jpg

When we were searching for a cruise line to begin our cruising, I remember the finalists in the process were Silversea and Regent Seven Seas.  Also, I remember Norwegian dropped out of our consideration early, in spite of my predilection to all things from Norway, due to my sweet and fondly remembered Norwegian grandmother.   

Having only sailed with Silversea, can anyone speak to the effect the acquisition of Regent by NCL had 5 or 6 years ago?  Is it a reassuring or worrisome comparison?