Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
cruise_co

Adding person to cabin - reprice?

Recommended Posts

We currently have a two bedroom grand suite on Oasis next July (hoping it will sail .)  We have 3 people in the cabin including my son.   He is recently in a new relationship that just might be long term.  Who knows what will happen in a year, but I was beginning to wonder that if I need to eventually add her to the cabin, will they reprice the whole cabin at current rates or will they add her as a 4th person under the rate we currently have?  I am kicking myself in not booking a TBA when I moved the cruise, knowing that a 23 year old might just have a long term girlfriend by the following year. 

 

We have a great rate due to lifting and shifting from this summer.  I don't want to jeopardize losing it and paying current prices. If they will reprice the whole cabin, it might make more sense to book her into the cheapest interior and then just have her stay in the GS.  The only problem we run into with that is she will be the only one without Sky perks.  If that is the way to go, I will need to book the interior before they fill up on a refundable deposit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my understanding, any time you make this type of change they can re-price based on today's rate. I don't think that booking a separate interior cabin for her would be cost effective, because you'd be paying 200% of the single person price for that cabin. In the end, the potential re-pricing by adding a fourth to your existing GS may be less expensive. The other alternative is to book an interior for both your son and his girlfriend and dropping him from your GS. That may also be less costly. I don't believe they will re-price if you drop the third person from the reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lifted and shifted an aqua theater suite and was able to add a 6 th person without repricing. However it was at the current rate of the 3/4 passenger of the sailing I shifted to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

From my understanding, any time you make this type of change they can re-price based on today's rate. I don't think that booking a separate interior cabin for her would be cost effective, because you'd be paying 200% of the single person price for that cabin. In the end, the potential re-pricing by adding a fourth to your existing GS may be less expensive. The other alternative is to book an interior for both your son and his girlfriend and dropping him from your GS. That may also be less costly. I don't believe they will re-price if you drop the third person from the reservation.

Even with the single person penalty, booking an interior would still be approximately $5,000 less than if they priced the cabin to the current rates for all people.

 

If we dropped our son, we would lose the 2 bedroom because we would be under the minimum guests needed for that cabin, so unfortunately that is not an option.  

 

If she is still just a girlfriend and not a fiancee, she might just not get to go on this cruise with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I lifted and shifted an aqua theater suite and was able to add a 6 th person without repricing. However it was at the current rate of the 3/4 passenger of the sailing I shifted to. 

This would be perfect.  I don't mind paying the 4th person at current rates, I just don't want to reprice the other 3 at current rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is my understanding that once you have at least 3 people booked, additional pax (up to capacity, of course) can be booked at the same per-person rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It is my understanding that once you have at least 3 people booked, additional pax (up to capacity, of course) can be booked at the same per-person rate.

This is what I’m curious about also and made a post earlier for.  I have a really weird quote from my travel agent for a 2br suite in October of 21 for me, the wife, and our 2 kids.  We had the agent price out the cost to add the mother in law to the room and it was just taxes and fees with the agent saying 5th person and beyond pay the same rate as 3rd and 4th passengers who in this case are under the kids sail free.  I didn’t think that was right so am curious as to how that works because if that’s the case I’ll book the 4br and add a bunch more people at just taxes.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know how it works with Kids Sail Free.  I can’t believe that they would ever allow you to add additional adults for only taxes and ports fees, but I really don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

It is my understanding that once you have at least 3 people booked, additional pax (up to capacity, of course) can be booked at the same per-person rate.

 

This is what I have experienced in the past but going forward who knows?

 

Why not call and ask Royal if direct or your TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

This is what I have experienced in the past but going forward who knows?

 

Why not call and ask Royal if direct or your TA?

Oh, I absolutely will call. However, your collective brains are far more knowledgeable than all of RC customer service combined.  I wanted some info to be able to ask the right questions and some knowledge ammunition if I get conflicting answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...