Time from port to CPH

nini

We are docking in Copenhagen (theoretically) at 6:00 am on a Wednesday

next May. Through the cruise line, many flight offerings depart at 10:55 am.

Is this feasible? We know nothing about CPH and the port location. And I understand

that sometimes there may be delays regarding docking time.

Thanks!

It should be 30-40 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic. You would be traveling in the middle of the morning rush, so probably closer to 45 than 30 minutes in your case. However, 2½+ hours at the airport should be more than sufficient to get to your gate with time to spare. CPH is a very easily navigable airport.

Depending on which quay the ships docks at, you could alternatively walk to Østerport Station (1,5 km from Langelinie) and take the Øresund Train directly to the airport, which is a 25-minute ride at 36DKK/5,50$ pp.

A taxi would cost at least 300DKK for the trip.

Ubers and other rideshare services are illegal in Denmark, so that's not a possibility.

Edited by mikkelhansen

• 2 weeks later...

I’m taking it that you are arriving from another Schengen country and don’t have to go through immigrations. That could affect my decision.

For International flights, some of the airlines are wanting a three hour preflight checkin and aren’t accepting anyone less than 90 minutes pre flight. 

I agree with the 45+ minute commute at that time of day.

WE decided on an SAS flight from Copenhagen to San Francisco. Then we connect

for a flight to Portland, Oregon.

Which brings me to ask,  do we need to get a Visa? We will be taking a Transatlantic

from Fort Lauderdale, Florida which docks in Copenhagen. Then we are on the same ship

which does a Scandinavian itinerary (includes St. Petersburg) and then docks again in

Copenhagen which is where we will disembark and fly to San Francisco.

Thanks!

I found this online. It looks like something is needed in 2021? Comments?

"If you are a U.S, U.K, Canada or Australia citizen then you do not need to apply for a visa if you are spending no more than 90 days in the Schengen states. This is because these countries and the Schengen Area have a visa-free travel arrangement. You should, however, ensure that your passport is valid up until at least three months after your planned return home.

It is worth noting that from 2021, citizens will need to apply for an ETIAS visa waiver before they travel, which can be obtained online and will cost €7 ($7.82)."

5 hours ago, nini said:

It is worth noting that from 2021, citizens will need to apply for an ETIAS visa waiver before they travel, which can be obtained online and will cost €7 ($7.82).

ETIAS has been postponed to 2022

Also note that if you need a visa to enter Schengen you’ll need a multiple entry visa if you are visiting St. Petersburrg  - leaving Schengen and re-entry.