Refunds in 2 parts?

RetiredNow

Hi all, 

Has anyone experienced a 2-part refund?  We got a credit on our card for all costs EXCEPT our $600 deposit.  Talking to HAL,  it was explained that since we made that deposit while onboard a ship, it will come at a later date.  Anyone have any experience with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

If you booked the canceled cruise on the ship, with a Future Cruise Consultant, you effectively made your deposit with a new Future Cruise Deposit.
Those are purchased either as an immediate deposit for a cruise, or can be purchased for a cruise to be booked later. In either case, they are good for four years; if not used by then, they are refunded at the end of the term. 
Your FCD was put back in the 'cruise to be booked later' category when your cruise was canceled. 

I believe I have read that some people have been able to get those FCDs refunded now, instead of using them in the future, or waiting the four years, but can't site any specific posts to confirm that. 

We had booked a back to back for April 2019 both of which were obviously cancelled. One was booked with a Future Cruise Credit deposit, the other booked on board with the a future cruise consultant. We received the refund minus the deposit to our credit card in early June approximately 60 days after the cruise was cancelled. We assumed that the deposit went back to "Our cruise to be booked later" category with HAL to be used within 4 years.

Not true. A week ago we received a cheque in the mail for the deposits. So you may still see your deposit refunded.

I just received the deposit refund for one of the 2 suites booked for Alaska  on board the Volendam last December...$300.  Still waiting for the other $200 deposit.  The cruise should have sailed tomorrow😢.  I was surprised that the first refund came so soon.  HAL cancelled it in April.  I really was not expecting a refund until August.  Hopefully the rest will follow.

16 hours ago, RetiredNow said:

Hi all, 

Has anyone experienced a 2-part refund?  We got a credit on our card for all costs EXCEPT our $600 deposit.  Talking to HAL,  it was explained that since we made that deposit while onboard a ship, it will come at a later date.  Anyone have any experience with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We got ours on the same day ; to different credit card accounts. We made the deposit, whilst on the Konig last September,  with the CC we used on board and made the final payment with another CC and the refunds came on the same date in June .