Regatta PH Connecting Suite?

CruiseLibra

We have just booked a PH suite for Alaska in May 2021. We are booked in 8019 which is a connecting room. I'm concerned about how the connecting door will interfere with the furniture layout. For PH suites with connecting doors do they downsize furniture or eliminate furniture? For example do they switch out the sofa for easy chair? It seems that they have to put the door somewhere and as such something will have to go! Advice from anyone with experience with these rooms is greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Unless you and the people in the connecting room are together, the room  will be set up like any other room and the door will be obstructed and locked.

..but not soundproof 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paulchili said:

..but not soundproof 

Based on our connecting cabin experiences in regular veranda cabins, I disagree with you on this one, Paul, perhaps the first time in all our Oceania posts over the years!  Never had any sound issues due to a connecting cabin.  

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Based on our connecting cabin experiences in regular veranda cabins, I disagree with you on this one, Paul, perhaps the first time in all our Oceania posts over the years!  Never had any sound issues due to a connecting cabin.  

Well, I guess we are still batting close enough to 1000 😀

• Like 1

We also have been in a number of PH suites on all of the"R" ships and quite frankly were never aware of noise from a connecting suite.  Maybe we were lucky and we never were in a connecting suite!  I have no way of checking that ...

I do recall when we were on NCL's DREAM in January 2002 -- a replacement for our Renaissance cruise that didn't happen after their bankruptcy .  We were in the equivalent of a PH ... neighbors next door had cocktail parties every night.  VERY loud ones.  At least they were before dinner and not late at night!  But that's the only time we ever had a problem that I can recall with noisy neighbors.

Mura

12 hours ago, Mura said:

I have no way of checking that ...

Actually you do, requires a bit of work, and probably not worth the effort. But here's how to do it, log into your Oceania acct, look at your cruise history, it will show dates, ships, and cabins numbers on past sailings. With that knowledge you can then look at deck plans and see if any of the rooms you were in are connecting. 

Like I said, probably not worth the effort, but can be done. I don't remember any noise issues myself in a connecting room. The noisiest room I've ever been in was on an O class ship close to the Concierge Lounge and across the hall from the entrance to the hallway that takes you to the Laundry room. It is also close to a room attendant work area that had a lot of door closing early in the day. It was 9041. We were in it for 25 days and I would not book this room again. Sometimes it might be the luck of the draw that you have noisy neighbors that rally into the night, or are hard of hearing and turn the TV up real loud. 

FWIW, there are very few connecting rooms on the O class ships compared to the R class. Perhaps over the years management has determined with their clientele there is very little demand for them. 

In fact, I probably wouldn't have to check with official records to see what cabin we were in on a particular cruise.  When I make up my personal itinerary I usually include the cabin number at the top, so all I'd have to do is find which cabin we were in and then go to the deck plans.

But as you said, I don't think it's worth even that effort!

The noisiest cabin we ever had was below the pool deck.  Every time they moved the chaises in the evening we would hear the scraping on the floor.  It was so annoying.  Since then, we never take a cabin just below the pool deck, no matter how luxurious it may be.

17 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

The noisiest cabin we ever had was below the pool deck.  Every time they moved the chaises in the evening we would hear the scraping on the floor.  It was so annoying.  Since then, we never take a cabin just below the pool deck, no matter how luxurious it may be.

Even worst is under Waves! Constant dragging of chairs early in the morning! Never Again!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the loose PH sofa bed and the small dining table are exchangeable. I visited Insignia 8010 last year and it was laid out opposite to LHT's 2017 Regatta 8010 photo. The OP's 8019 is the starboard equivalent to Insignia's port 8016, its table was against the connecting door.

Connecting doors do leak voices and TV. Oddly it's the high notes that pass, because of the small gaps at the door jamb. We could hear part of our neighbor's breakfast conversations while we were having ours. A steward on a HAL trip once fixed this for us by applying tape over the gap at the door jamb, all the way around. That matte finish Scotch Magic tape would be good as it doesn't leave a gum even after  weeks. The R class has a small weatherstrip seal in the door jamb but it has hardened over the years.

Bill

Looked at the newer Insignia pictures (after Dec 2018 refurb). Because the TV is now on the sitting area wall and the sofa needs to be opposite it the designer placed the TV on the connecting door/dressing table side and the sofa on the non door side. That way the second chair for the dining table beneath the TV is all that needs to be moved when the door is needed.

Bill