CRUISE LINES IN DISARRAY OVER HEALTH

An important and informative  article, with a title of this thread -  link below. It shows how different cruise lines go their own way re proposed new health requirements - each with an impressive group of different experts, but no CLIA co-ordination (as originally proposed ) - and an apparent attempt of each line to reassure  their pax that their health procedures would be the best.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/as-britain-warns-against-taking-cruise-holidays-major-lines-appear-disunited/

Health is an important new consideration and it will be interesting to watch the developments in this field.

But the governments,  engaged with more pressing covid related issues, seem too busy to get involved and clearly state what their  requirements for the resumption of cruises would be. 

Until Covid-19 is under control in Australia I would seriously hope our governments are more focused on that than how to allow cruise ships to return. Don't get me wrong though, I really, really want to cruise again as soon as possible, but given the current state of things I realise it just isn't going to happen anytime soon. 😪

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Until Covid-19 is under control in Australia I would seriously hope our governments are more focused.on that than how to allow cruise ships to return.... 

And stop saying vertical cruise ships.....

In Victoria.. it seam no real focus......after security guards at the quarantine hotels, there organised though five different government departments.... now 288 cases yesterday....

And at the rate things are going....   I fear not soon....

Looking forward dinner and nice glass of red  ( or two ) 

Cheers Don  

Not a lot of light at the end of the cruising tunnel, for another couple of years in my humble opinion.   Sydney Harbour Ferries must be doing good business, well at least you are on the water !!  And no tipping.

Re : the title of this thread - and the work being done on different health protocols,  proposed by various  cruise lines.

Here is another one:

The European Union issued its own guidelines for return to cruising among pandemic - summarised in detail by  the USA Today in the article below of July 1  - (includes face masks!)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/07/01/eu-cruise-requirements-covid-19-screening-face-masks/5354654002/