Who feels good about an oct start date?

seaman11

I don't know.  I felt relieved when Carnival cancelled my September cruise so I could rebook it to January without a penalty.  All I know is that I won't get on a plane any time soon while the virus is raging.  I hope cruising will resume in October, but I feel like we are still in the middle of the worst of everything so it's hard to make any predictions.  I would love to see cruising resume this fall.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

At long last, a post that gets to the point.

obviously paul is a poker player 😄

Edited by c-boy

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

I feel pretty confident about an October 2 re-launch date. I was informed by Carnival via social media that Covid-19 will be gone by October and they look forward to bringing the fun back to you in October as they will (emphasis) sail.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or if you really believe Carnival knows more about Covid-19 than leading scientists and doctors. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I feel pretty confident about an October 2 re-launch date. I was informed by Carnival via social media that Covid-19 will be gone by October and they look forward to bringing the fun back to you in October as they will (emphasis) sail.

3nno5k.gif

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

How would carnival know covid will be gone by October if no one else knows? 

Sounds like the usual company line to me. They arent going to say they will have another round of cancellations. I'd say chances are good i will not be cruising in Oct. And I'm booked Oct 4th. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds like the usual company line to me. They arent going to say they will have another round of cancellations. I'd say chances are good i will not be cruising in Oct. And I'm booked Oct 4th. 

That's just what they told me! I promise.

They are confident in an October 2 return date so I am as well. 

I thought October 1st.........  think not.......  There is a 90% chance that October resume to cruise won't leave the dock.. maybe December........... The cruise lines just started talking about health and safety less than a month ago   RCL & NCL wants to finish their report for the CDC by August 31st and resume cruising by Sept 15th?  OH PLEAZE!!!!!!

• Like 2

Highly doubt they will sail again in October - though I would love to see it happen.   I am going to try to book my just cancelled (by CCL) Breeze cruise replacement for March, hoping things will settle without a relapse by then.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

He is poking fun.

I seriously doubt it will open up by then.  As of right now, the only port accepting visitors is Puerto Rico and they are very strict about having had a test before you can enter.  The CDC has not said that cruising can start again.  The crews are still scattered all over the world.  I would be surprised if our February 20, 2021 cruise sails.  (She is supposed to resume cruising on February 6th, 2021.)

9 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

All I know is that I won't get on a plane any time soon while the virus is raging.

I've been flying on a weekly basis (for work) during the entire pandemic. I've become accustomed to all the safety protocols and guidelines in place. It's become such a controlled and strict environment that I feel safer flying than engaging in pretty much any other activity besides staying home. The attached video summarizes what I've experienced. 

Concerning an October restart, I have my eyes on Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line's restart slated for July 25th. As of right now, they are still planning on commencing then their 2 night itineraries to the Bahamas from Palm Beach aboard the Grand Celebration. If they can successfully pull it off, I'll feel more confident about the rest of the industry restarting in October. But if its a failed attempt, or if an outbreak occurs as a result of this decision, it may set back the entire cruise industry even longer. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I've been flying on a weekly basis (for work) during the entire pandemic. I've become accustomed to all the safety protocols and guidelines in place. It's become such a controlled and strict environment that I feel safer flying than engaging in pretty much any other activity besides staying home. The attached video summarizes what I've experienced. 

Concerning an October restart, I have my eyes on Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line's restart slated for July 25th. As of right now, they are still planning on commencing then their 2 night itineraries to the Bahamas from Palm Beach aboard the Grand Celebration. If they can successfully pull it off, I'll feel more confident about the rest of the industry restarting in October. But if its a failed attempt, or if an outbreak occurs as a result of this decision, it may set back the entire cruise industry even longer. 

It will certainly be the first barometer, like that the Aida cruises the following month should either add support or more bad news.  All this said, the lines are making progress on replies to the mandate, which again is good news.  Obviously the CDC is the final arbiter in that variable.  From all reports, their acceptance or denial will set the stage industry wide.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I dont know, with the cases exploding , i have my doubts, unless they just come to a decision covis is here and we have to carry on amd allow ships to sail.

I feel confident they should be sailing Oct 2021, very confident for 2022.   

Oct 2020: not a chance for US departures.

• Like 2