Want to lift & shift but itineraries not yet published for Mar 2022

Wandering Words

We’re booked on the Journey from Cape Town in Feb but are rapidly coming to the conclusion that with both the situation in South Africa & the 9th July update on UK gov website this trip would be better moved out to 2022. The last cruise on the current program finishes in Cape Town on 3 Mar 2022, with the deadline to move of 1st Aug looming does anyone have any knowledge of when Az are likely to publish the next block of itineraries.

Thanks

Sue

I am currently able to find the following :

11 February 2021 Capetown to Capetown 12 nights

23 February 2021 Capetown to Capetown 12 nights

and

8 February 2022 Capetown to Capetown 12 nights

20 February 2022 Capetown to Capetown 12 nights

. . . which should be o.k. for a lift & shift.

Perhaps you are looking for a different itinerary? @Wandering Words

• Like 1

we were booked on the South Africa Intensive for December of this year.  We tried to Lift and Shift it to 2021 with the additional 5 day land tour and they would not do it.  It wuld cost an additional $8,000.00.  Lift and Shift does not work on all itenieries......Not happy

1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we were booked on the South Africa Intensive for December of this year.  We tried to Lift and Shift it to 2021 with the additional 5 day land tour and they would not do it.  It wuld cost an additional $8,000.00.  Lift and Shift does not work on all itenieries......Not happy

Do you have cruise & land tour booked this year, or just the cruise?

If just the cruise, might you be able to lift & shift the cruise and add the land tour later?

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

If just the cruise, might you be able to lift & shift the cruise and add the land tour later?

Exactly my thoughts. You could get a much cheaper land tour through other routes and be able to choose exactly where you want to go.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

It is originally booked as cruise and land together.  they will not lift and shift.  If it was just the cruise, I would be happy to do as you suggest, but they are not honoring their offer.

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Exactly my thoughts. You could get a much cheaper land tour through other routes and be able to choose exactly where you want to go.

Grandma Cruising, as I said, i probably could, but my point is that they are not honoring their offer.  We are their top toer cruisers and have over 25 cruises with them.  Will reconsider booking any more

‘Lifted & Shifted’ to same itinerary Feb 2022, price honoured, slight increase in taxes but got the current OBC included - good result as the current pricing for 2022 is a lot higher than we booked the 2021 for.

Now to try and work out if there is anywhere open/safe/suitable to hide from the north of England winter 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

It is originally booked as cruise and land together.  they will not lift and shift.  If it was just the cruise, I would be happy to do as you suggest, but they are not honoring their offer.

That is really disappointing, it seems they are being quite literal with the offer to lift & shift as written and their refusal to lift & shift your complete holiday.

"Booked your ideal voyage, but need to postpone? You can rebook the same cruise the following year for the same price (including promotions) when you contact us by 1 August 2020."

I wonder whether @Azamara Team might be able to shed any light on your quandry?

I am thinking of Lifting & Shifting.  I am on December 12, 2020 cruise in South Africa and would like to switch to Dec 2021 or Jan 2022.  However, on the website it looks like only cruises that were part of them canceling are eligible for Lift & Shift.  Is that not true?  

Those that have successfully done a Lift & Shift - what were the restrictions?  I do have refundable air through ChoiceAir so any clue how that part will work?

1 hour ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

I am thinking of Lifting & Shifting.  I am on December 12, 2020 cruise in South Africa and would like to switch to Dec 2021 or Jan 2022.  However, on the website it looks like only cruises that were part of them canceling are eligible for Lift & Shift.  Is that not true?  

Those that have successfully done a Lift & Shift - what were the restrictions?  I do have refundable air through ChoiceAir so any clue how that part will work?

We have successfully lifted and shifted cruises from October and November 2020 to November 2021.

These have not yet been cancelled by Azamara.

We always book our own flights, so I cannot answer that one.

I do know that ChoiceAir non-refundable was not able to be lifted & shifted by one poster, but I think you should be ok with refundable ChoiceAir. Check with Azamara.

1 hour ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

We successfully used Lift & Shift for an October 2020 cruise which has not yet been cancelled.  We also had purchased refundable air through ChoiceAir.  The air was cancelled without any difficulty.  Given all of the refund issues others have had, I was shocked that the refund for air was posted to our credit card within about a week.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TerryAndDoug said:

We successfully used Lift & Shift for an October 2020 cruise which has not yet been cancelled.  We also had purchased refundable air through ChoiceAir.  The air was cancelled without any difficulty.  Given all of the refund issues others have had, I was shocked that the refund for air was posted to our credit card within about a week.   

Thank you!  I emailed Azamara to see what cruises are available for lift and shift for me since the Africa cruises in 2021 are 3 days longer.  If they have anything that looks good - I will do it.  Otherwise I think I may just cancel.  

This whole thing makes me so very sad for the cruise lines.  I cannot even imagine the stress the CEOs are under.  My heart just breaks for them every day and all the people whose livelihoods are impacted.

• Like 5

On 7/14/2020 at 6:22 AM, Phxazzcruisers said:

Are you looking at a cruise that falls in the time guidelines for 2022- 4 weeks before to 4 weeks after?  Did you book direct?  If not, your TA should be able to work with their BDM to get some resolution for you

We are due to sail from Cape Town to Lisbon in March 2021 but are starting to think our only option will be to.lift and shift to 2022 if possible. We have already done that with a Black Sea cruise which would have sailed in Sept. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 4:32 AM, manc said:

We are due to sail from Cape Town to Lisbon in March 2021 but are starting to think our only option will be to.lift and shift to 2022 if possible. We have already done that with a Black Sea cruise which would have sailed in Sept. 

Hi Manc,

We are on the same sailing and would like to Lift and Shift to March 2022; however, that sailing has not been published yet and our TA said it is therefore not available to book.  It is a little stressful as the L&S program is scheduled to end on August 1 (first world problems I know!).  Could you let us know if you hear anything different.  Thanks - hope to see you on board!

On 7/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, Phxazzcruisers said:

While we have done our best to accommodate as many itineraries as possible for Lift and Shift, there may be some cases that may not apply for various reasons. However, we would like another opportunity to look into this for you. Please email webhelp@azamara.com with guest first and last names, booking ID, ship and sail date, phone number, and email. Please include "Cruise Critic Help" in your subject line. 

• Like 2