The Daily for Saturday Jul 11, 2020

richwmn

Thanks for the daily Rich. In regard to your quote, it is so true. At 15 it felt like my son would argue with everything. I asked him one day why he argued and he said that was his job and my job was to make sure he did the right thing no matter how much he argued. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning, all, and thanks you, Rich, for all the news.  And Copper's thread about the news release from CCL was really interesting, too.  What a world!  I wonder if it will ever go back to what we were used to.

Thought I would post a picture of DS's yellow peony.  A friend gave me a seedling of her yellow peony about 20 years ago, and we had it in our garden in Oak Bay before we moved.  I gave one of its seedlings to DS, and this spring, he gave some of its seedlings to me,  so hopefully in time I will have a great grandchild of my friend's peony blooming here in my new flower bed!

image.jpg.c3e55d9382f2fdaf3cb9e92d93f271e4.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

The honeysuckle is called Lemonade.  The hummingbirds enjoy the nectar  from this climber.

Are you referring to my climbing honeysuckle?  It’s called Gold Flame.

We have tons of humming birds and bees here.  They, along with my little birds from Mexico (really tiny - they build nests in one of my hanging baskets or my planters) are looking for the plants early on and I have to tell them to be patient.  LOL.

They are happy now and the other dahlias, etc that come up later will keep them happy all summer long 😉 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thanks you, Rich, for all the news.  And Copper's thread about the news release from CCL was really interesting, too.  What a world!  I wonder if it will ever go back to what we were used to.

Thought I would post a picture of DS's yellow peony.  A friend gave me a seedling of her yellow peony about 20 years ago, and we had it in our garden in Oak Bay before we moved.  I gave one of its seedlings to DS, and this spring, he gave some of its seedlings to me,  so hopefully in time I will have a great grandchild of my friend's peony blooming here in my new flower bed!

image.jpg.c3e55d9382f2fdaf3cb9e92d93f271e4.jpg

Oh that’s pretty Ann.  I haven’t seen a yellow peony around here.  Really stunning.

4 hours ago, gigianne said:

Good morning all, thanks for the update Rich.  I wonder where the 3 ships going through the Suez will end up, any guesses?  The menu for tonight sounds delicious and I will keep it For a cooler day.  I am not a blueberry fan, so no muffins!  As others have said, todays saying is oh so true.  Our watering ban was lifted yesterday just as the skies opened up, the gardens are happy again!

2CA41B03-82B6-4849-A10C-96440F27E6FF.jpeg

046622EE-D5E9-4C37-9113-98ADEBDFB053.jpeg

52F6B28A-BAB2-46D1-8B7F-5702632D4248.jpeg

1EB75E29-67D3-4F39-8F71-5B2BEED6808D.jpeg

Your gardens are always stunning Georgina 🙂 

Their (and your) awards are well earned 😄 

• Like 2

Good afternoon and thanks for the Daily Report, Rich.

Thanks for the reminder for Cheer Up the Lonely Day. I called my aunt earlier in the week and didn't get an answer. I'll try again today. No blueberry muffins in the house, so we'll have to make due with leftover Frozen cupcakes from the birthday celebrations from yesterday.

Oh, my goodness! That quote! With 5 kids, I had a lot of experience of aggravating teens with reasoning.

The meal suggestion sounds good. I'll need to add kielbossa to the grocery list.

We didn't get the rain yesterday that everyone else got-a few sprinkles but the deck stayed dry. It did rain through the night and early this morning. It has cooled down considerably, and I think that I can - finally- turn the ac off! 

It's lovely to hear that Allen is doing well. Fingers crossed that Sharon's son is feeling better and gets his results soon. The pictures are lovely. Have a wonderful day! Blessings to all!

• Like 5

Thanks for the daily report and that menu sounds wonderful; I would cook that tonight if only I had some potatos. It is 115 degrees here and I am not going out in this heat to buy potatos.

• Like 3

I have enjoyed following along, but I feel like an observer of the cool kids table at lunch.  Sounds like you know each other?  I am just desperate to believe that I can cruise again.

I love wine, but your $140+ per bottle might buy me close to a case.  Save the left overs for me.  Going out for dinner....we must sit outside to dine and it’s a big occasion.  My granddaughter is graduating high school.  Bad year for that, but we’re all healthy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AliceS said:

I have enjoyed following along, but I feel like an observer of the cool kids table at lunch.  Sounds like you know each other?  I am just desperate to believe that I can cruise again.

I love wine, but your $140+ per bottle might buy me close to a case.  Save the left overs for me.  Going out for dinner....we must sit outside to dine and it’s a big occasion.  My granddaughter is graduating high school.  Bad year for that, but we’re all healthy.

Welcome to the table, Alice! I have never Met any of these amazing folk. But have followed some of their “live from” accounts. And then I discovered Rich’s report. And the rest is history. And they made me feel so welcome! 

But I believe I will cruise again. Not sure when, though I have a deposit on a September 2021 cruise. But I will not go, if no viable vaccine is Available by then. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, AliceS said:

LOL - none of us are the cool kids.  We just enjoy cruising and this is one thread that is fun to participate in 😉   Everyone is welcome on this thread.  The more the merrier 😄 

33 minutes ago, AliceS said:

.  My granddaughter is graduating high school.  Bad year for that, but we’re all healthy.

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  Graduations are not as much fun this year. But it will certainly will be a year for her to remember 😄   Think about the stories she will have to tell her grand children.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Welcome, Welcome Alice!

Happy your onboard!! This is a wonderful

place and so many great CCers all who have a passion for cruising and so much more! Congratulations on your granddaughter’s graduation! Very special. 
When I first came onboard I remember telling my husband “I feel like the little donkey wanting to be a Clydesdale on the Bud Weiser commercial “!! Everyone was so welcoming ! KAZU aka Jacqui was the first person like Cat was to you today to welcoming me here so long ago! 
you will have many friends here

Denise😊

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

Everyone is welcome on this thread.  The more the merrier 😄 

Amen to that!

Roy

51 minutes ago, AliceS said:

My granddaughter is graduating high school.  Bad year for that, but we’re all healthy.

Welcome to the table and congratulations to the granddaughter.  What kind of celebration will there be?  I think I've heard of ZOOM, spaced out on the football field, drive-by and others.  Whatever it is I bet that 5-year reunion will be a blast.

Roy

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Hi Alice, welcome !!  We're all cool kids; whether we're participating or watching.  We know that we love cruising, and Rich has brought us together with his daily reports of the ship locations throughout the world; for that we're all grateful.  We really are like a big family on this thread, cheering one another on,  and providing shoulders to lean on when needed as well.

Don't worry about the wine - I drink "Cardboardeaux" and they haven't tossed me from the cool kids table yet.  LOL  Congrats to your granddaughter; best wishes to her for a great future!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Pleasant "news" and beautiful photos.....thanks....!!!

Sue!!!  Welcome to this thread!  I follow it daily but -- except for clicking a "Thanks" to Rich -- very rarely "speak" because I usually haven't anything to add.  Also haven't actually sailed with any of the participants and they aren't really neighbors.

But I have sailed with you and you are also a neighbor!  Speaking of which, aren't we luck to be living up here where we are?  Here in Snohomish County we hit 76 once in June and we've only made it to 70 twice so far in July. 

Anyway, welcome to this thread.  Stay on.  Everyone is nice (no confrontations here EVER) and it is ALWAYS interesting!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Sue!!!  Welcome to this thread!  I follow it daily but -- except for clicking a "Thanks" to Rich -- very rarely "speak" because I usually haven't anything to add.  Also haven't actually sailed with any of the participants and they aren't really neighbors.

But I have sailed with you and you are also a neighbor!  Speaking of which, aren't we luck to be living up here where we are?  Here in Snohomish County we hit 76 once in June and we've only made it to 70 twice so far in July. 

Anyway, welcome to this thread.  Stay on.  Everyone is nice (no confrontations here EVER) and it is ALWAYS interesting!

Ah...yes....we are very lucky.....we've had great weather....!!!

I've been an occasional "lurker" too........:)

Great to hear from you.....and just waiting for the winds to change so we can get back to cruising....!!

• Like 3

@AliceS Hi Alice! Hi @Rowsby

Welcome to the Daily. We used to be Fleet Report, but we were having so many great morning conversations, and when the virus came up, Rich added some very fun things, and we blossomed! 

We encourage, help, pray, praise and bless all who join our Daily. We are family. Rich keeps us all together, adds dinner suggestions as well as wine, quotes of the day.. It's the first place most of us come to each morning.

We do not argue, nor make untoward comments. It is a great thread that we all cherish. Welcome aboard!

• Like 6

@DeeniEncinitas Denise, so happy you had such a wonderful as well as virtual birthday. @cat shepard too.. and @rafinmd.. and

@kazu @ger_77

Allen's birthday is July 14th and he wants to go for steak. He must be feeling better, as all he's been eating is fruit and soup..

We have friends here who want to meet as a surprise, so had to squeeze a place to eat out of Allen tonight. They have outdoor seating, and the tables are 8 foot apart.. I'm still unsure about that.. what do you think?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Denise, so happy you had such a wonderful as well as virtual birthday. @cat shepard too.. and @rafinmd.. and

@kazu @ger_77

Allen's birthday is July 14th and he wants to go for steak. He must be feeling better, as all he's been eating is fruit and soup..

We have friends here who want to meet as a surprise, so had to squeeze a place to eat out of Allen tonight. They have outdoor seating, and the tables are 8 foot apart.. I'm still unsure about that.. what do you think?

Where Allen is just getting over from surgery and on oxygen, I would be very cautious, sorry.

Probably safe to go out in an outdoor area with masks until you are seated but....

But, are your friends in your “bubble”?  Are you confident they have not been exposed?

And there is the risk of someone walking by or stopping to talk right next to your table.

I’m not meaning to sound like a nervous nilly and I have no idea how bad the cases are in your area.  Our area is pretty good and everyone is pretty obedient so my friend and I finally did outside dining a week ago.  She is in my “bubble” and we both know what precautions the other is taking.

Just the same, we were very careful but still a tad nervous.  Our restaurants have been open for outside dining for some time with limited space to provide safety and sanitation but this was the first time either of us “dared” to do it.

Personally with your DH just recovering, I’d buy the steaks and bbq them at home due to his recovery and the possibility of him being susceptible.  But I’m probably overly cautious.  Whatever way you celebrate, I hope it is a joyous one for him 🙂 

• Like 3

When DH and I started cruising on HAL we did not know anyone.  Thanks to a car salesman who told me about CC in 2010, the rest is history.  We have friends (met on CC) who we somehow manage to cruise with almost every year or two, or once in a while.  We have made life long friends thanks to CC!  This thread is one of the most friendliest on the CC boards, and has a following of a lot of nice, caring people!  

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu @ger_77

My dear sister! First Allen and I are Cancers!!! We love food and cooking!!

Oh Joy you asked and I will also reply! I am sorry to say but I agree with Jacqui. First I know I’m only a retired DDS but First Allen is recovering from surgery and the upmost care is needed especially for his immune system. Social gatherings especially now I am alittle Leary . Too many factors involved the tables with people talking laughing the droplets. How about as Jacqui suggested to do a BBQ at home! 
I too am very cautious and I am only wanting the best for Allen and you.please understand! If it was after his visit from the doctor who said he is doing well than I would say ok!

❤️ You!!! Have a wonderful celebration with your dear friends I know how special that will be.

Denise😊

• Like 3

Do you have a park somewhere where you could rent a private table outdoors and well away from others?  If not, probably your back yard.  I think in any case you will unfortunately need to keep the meeting brief.

Even meeting in your back yard you will need to be extremely careful.

Roy

• Like 2

Thanks for the daily report.

Made a batch of Blueberry Muffins yesterday, took some to a neighbour who has recently been in hospital.

Many thanks to those of you who have posted photos, lovely to see the gardens, especially on our cold mid-winter days.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 4